Pages:
Author

Topic: I just lost my little brother - page 3. (Read 9610 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
June 10, 2013, 11:47:19 AM
I got the last laugh.

I will laugh again when your ignore button turns amber, FinShaggy.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Google/YouTube
June 10, 2013, 11:38:21 AM
It's not the dedication, it's just the way you said it. You said it in a way you were promoting your town.

Fuck you, ignored.

FinShaggy, I know you are having a TERRIBLE time, but cut it with the language. If I see one more curse from you, I will ignore you, no ifs, ands, or buts.

Fuck you, ignored.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Google/YouTube
June 10, 2013, 11:37:37 AM

EDIT: I'm having a hard time confirming an obituary. Can't seem to find a Mason Gallagher in Midland TX. It did take a few days to get my own mother's obituary into the papers if I recall though.

1. His last name is not Gallagher, way to make even a bigger ass of yourself.
2. Our family hasn't been in Texas for about a year, so again. Ass.
3. Comment like this again and you will be ignored.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
June 10, 2013, 10:44:18 AM
Many assholes in this thread.

While I agree that the presentation of some seems a bit cold, someone asking or donations on the internet should expect to have their story criticized. I'm still curious why I can't seem to find an obituary that matches the story.

This right here.  Also, OP has a history on these forums (which has been accumulated very quickly) with content that adds to the criticism.

To donate to anything like this, I would at the very least expect to find an organization behind it, with some sort of documentation on what their goal and methods are.

OP directed us to a website that doesn't even exist.
Activity: 588
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
June 10, 2013, 05:20:25 AM

While I agree that the presentation of some seems a bit cold, someone asking or donations on the internet should expect to have their story criticized. I'm still curious why I can't seem to find an obituary that matches the story.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin
June 09, 2013, 05:57:45 PM
wow dicks
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
amarha
June 09, 2013, 01:01:39 PM
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002
You cannot kill love
June 09, 2013, 11:24:40 AM
He is in a better place.

Surprisingly, I agree with Dank.

Are... you saying he's better off dead???
We all are, for we don't truly live till we die.
Activity: 495
Merit: 507
June 09, 2013, 08:53:44 AM
He already explained it. His step-dad decided to buy a brand of candy which is well-known for its peanut-flavoured varieties but he didn't think that was worth bringing his glasses along to read the label, and even after he got home, where his glasses were available, he still didn't read the label, and instead just assumed it was okay for his step-son to eat it. No doubt the real reason he's collecting donations is for the defence of the upcoming negligent homicide case.

global moderator
Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610
In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce
legendary
Activity: 4326
Merit: 3041
Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023
June 09, 2013, 01:36:27 AM
Oh man, I hate it when my peanuts only "may" contain peanuts. I once opened one up and there was nothing inside; it was just an empty peanut shell. I demanded a refund but they just pointed at the label. What a ripoff. Angry
Activity: 575
The North Remembers
June 09, 2013, 12:36:53 AM
legendary
Activity: 4326
Merit: 3041
Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023
June 08, 2013, 11:38:23 PM
Nothing can bring my brother back, but we would like to start something that possibly turns into a label on ALL peanut products in ALL stores. Like a big red P sticker, or a picture of my brother.
Great plan. Because a big red P or a picture of your brother is a much clearer indication that a product contains peanuts than just the words "CONTAINS PEANUTS" in capital letters. Roll Eyes

I don't get this at all. A kid dies because he ate something that had peanuts in it available at his home? Why would the parents even eat products that could have peanuts if they knew the outcome of having that stuff around. I'm sorry for your loss but that borders on neglect.
He already explained it. His step-dad decided to buy a brand of candy which is well-known for its peanut-flavoured varieties but he didn't think that was worth bringing his glasses along to read the label, and even after he got home, where his glasses were available, he still didn't read the label, and instead just assumed it was okay for his step-son to eat it. No doubt the real reason he's collecting donations is for the defence of the upcoming negligent homicide case.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
June 08, 2013, 11:17:32 PM
c) I only lashed out at him at the moment he decided to intermingle his other project with this unfortunate death. I think your desire to hate anything "SA" overrode your normally rather rational judgement here.

You wrote a paragraph, bitching him out and calling his idea fucking stupid, when you could have took into account that he might still not be thinking straight, and either ignored him or just pointed out that, unless he owns all the land in that town, the naming of it will really be up to all the people that live there. You know, "tact." Yes, I may be biased against SA, but you're only reinforcing that bias.
Activity: 574
June 08, 2013, 08:41:49 PM
I, and I am sure others here 'know' grief. This guy is not displaying grief.
People grieve in different ways.

Very true. Sorry for the guy losing his bro' if it is true. I guess there's no way to tell right now...
Activity: 532
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM
June 08, 2013, 08:34:31 PM
People grieve in different ways.
Activity: 952
Merit: 1009
June 08, 2013, 08:15:36 PM
Also,

Bitcoin town is now Mason Town, no vote, no questions. That is my brothers name.

See this? This is dumb. Here I was all defending you (even though I don't like you) by tracking you back to your primary persona while people were going "Hahaha, idiotic sob story that we've seen a thousand times". So people saw me vouching for you and thus were all "Ok, this is a real thing, let's not make fun of it for the next 120 minutes". And then you go ahead and do something like this? Really? No, hell, REALLY? How fucked up is this? Do you even think about these things before you do them? Do you think anyone, do you think any single fucking person is going to trust you now? Dude, you've got great ideas, but do yourself and everyone else involved a favor and lay off the weed.

Thank you for that concise representation of a typical SA goon. Guy loses a dear family member, is still likely in shock and grief, says the first thing that comes to his mind, that being to dedicate something to the memory of his just-dead brother, and you spend a paragraph blowing up at him and calling his statement fucking stupid. It's extra super ironic considering what you posted previously about bitcoiners and compassion/charity.

If you go back in this thread you will find that I a) supported Finshaggy when everyone else was calling this thread a sham by pointing out his story was real after I verified his identity b) I supported Finshaggys stance on how more education about food allergies is needed by answering YOUR questions about food allergy and c) I only lashed out at him at the moment he decided to intermingle his other project with this unfortunate death. I think your desire to hate anything "SA" overrode your normally rather rational judgement here.
Activity: 574
June 08, 2013, 08:15:24 PM

Just sayin'
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
June 08, 2013, 07:55:02 PM
It's not the dedication, it's just the way you said it. You said it in a way you were promoting your town.

Fuck you, ignored.

FinShaggy, I know you are having a TERRIBLE time, but cut it with the language. If I see one more curse from you, I will ignore you, no ifs, ands, or buts.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
June 08, 2013, 04:12:49 PM
I don't get this at all. A kid dies because he ate something that had peanuts in it available at his home? Why would the parents even eat products that could have peanuts if they knew the outcome of having that stuff around. I'm sorry for your loss but that borders on neglect.

I'd also feel more sorry for you if you didn't have a Paypal donation link in your post. Even if you do want to "make a difference" isn't there time for that after the body's cold?
Pages:
Jump to: