Pages:
Author

Topic: I just lost my little brother - page 4. (Read 9610 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500
June 08, 2013, 02:59:09 PM
http://masonsmiracle.blogspot.com/

I had never realized so many coincidences in naming things. I guess people's mindsets are all similar when dealing with grief. Either that or we're talking to Keyser Soze.

Keyser Soze was so slick about it though!
Activity: 588
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
June 08, 2013, 02:55:35 PM
http://masonsmiracle.blogspot.com/

I had never seen so many naming coincidences before. I guess people's mindsets are all similar when dealing with grief. Either that or we're talking to Keyser Soze.

EDIT: I'm having a hard time confirming an obituary. Can't seem to find a Mason Gallagher in Midland TX. It did take a few days to get my own mother's obituary into the papers if I recall though.
June 08, 2013, 02:49:46 PM
in less than 3 paragraphs "donations" are asked for.  There isn't any group associated with this donation.  There is no plan for how this donation would raise awareness.

So first I'm a troll because I post on Bitcointalk while I'm in the hospital, NOW I'm a troll because I am not posting everything to a fucking bitcoin site.

Try to do some research on other websites before you assume shit and make an ass of yourself. BTW, you are ignored, so you don't have to reply.

Hello,

My name is Ryan and my 11 year old brother mason went to the hospital this Friday due to peanut allergies. He had a heart attack & his brain started swelling until it cut off the oxygen to his brain. He was pronounced dead 2 days ago at 5:05pm I had no idea that peanuts could do something so horrible and my life will never be the same, so I am starting a foundation to promote awareness around the world, and possibly even work to eradicate peanut allergies. I never want anyone to have to go through what we did.

In the mean time, we are raising money and working to start a website and more. Nothing can bring my brother back, but we would like to start something that possibly turns into a label on ALL peanut products in ALL stores. Like a big red P sticker, or a picture of my brother.

The Foundation is MasonsMiracle.org

MasonsMiracle.org:

Activity: 495
Merit: 507
June 08, 2013, 02:48:14 PM
Try to do some research on other websites before you assume shit and make an ass of yourself. BTW, you are ignored, so you don't have to reply.

KSV
Activity: 398
Merit: 250
SVERIGES VIRTUELLA VALUTAVÄXLING
June 08, 2013, 02:34:47 PM
how the hell did u get 2300 posts in 2 months?! u a bot? pls share your secret. . .
Activity: 532
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM
June 08, 2013, 02:34:26 PM
In the mean time, we are raising money and working to start a website and more. Nothing can bring my brother back, but we would like to start something that possibly turns into a label on ALL peanut products in ALL stores. Like a big red P sticker, or a picture of my brother.

All products that contain peanuts already are labeled. Even products that might contain peanuts, such as candy, are labeled..
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Google/YouTube
June 08, 2013, 02:15:50 PM
in less than 3 paragraphs "donations" are asked for.  There isn't any group associated with this donation.  There is no plan for how this donation would raise awareness.

So first I'm a troll because I post on Bitcointalk while I'm in the hospital, NOW I'm a troll because I am not posting everything to a fucking bitcoin site.

Hello,

My name is Ryan and my 11 year old brother mason went to the hospital this Friday due to peanut allergies. He had a heart attack & his brain started swelling until it cut off the oxygen to his brain. He was pronounced dead 2 days ago at 5:05pm I had no idea that peanuts could do something so horrible and my life will never be the same, so I am starting a foundation to promote awareness around the world, and possibly even work to eradicate peanut allergies. I never want anyone to have to go through what we did.

The Foundation is MasonsMiracle.org

global moderator
Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610
In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce
June 08, 2013, 02:00:45 PM
No. I'm just saying it's better for him not to suffer. For six months I watched my grandmother suffer, and it was one of the most horrible experiences you could know of, seeing your relatives and siblings suffer.

He probably had a good life, but It's better to not see family members suffer.

Um... I don't think allergic reactions work like cancer. You get it, and you either get better quick, or you die. I'm not sure how someone could suffer for a long time from an allergic reaction  Huh

I believe they were referring to the brother being in a coma for a long time.
Yeah, I think he wrote somewhere in the thread.
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
June 08, 2013, 01:57:22 PM
No. I'm just saying it's better for him not to suffer. For six months I watched my grandmother suffer, and it was one of the most horrible experiences you could know of, seeing your relatives and siblings suffer.

Um... I don't think allergic reactions work like cancer. You get it, and you either get better quick, or you die. I'm not sure how someone could suffer for a long time from an allergic reaction  Huh

I believe they were referring to the brother being in a coma for a long time.
June 08, 2013, 01:56:33 PM
Also,

Bitcoin town is now Mason Town, no vote, no questions. That is my brothers name.

See this? This is dumb. Here I was all defending you (even though I don't like you) by tracking you back to your primary persona while people were going "Hahaha, idiotic sob story that we've seen a thousand times". So people saw me vouching for you and thus were all "Ok, this is a real thing, let's not make fun of it for the next 120 minutes". And then you go ahead and do something like this? Really? No, hell, REALLY? How fucked up is this? Do you even think about these things before you do them? Do you think anyone, do you think any single fucking person is going to trust you now? Dude, you've got great ideas, but do yourself and everyone else involved a favor and lay off the weed.

Thank you for that concise representation of a typical SA goon. Guy loses a dear family member, is still likely in shock and grief, says the first thing that comes to his mind, that being to dedicate something to the memory of his just-dead brother, and you spend a paragraph blowing up at him and calling his statement fucking stupid. It's extra super ironic considering what you posted previously about bitcoiners and compassion/charity.

I don't think that's a fair assessment of what FinShaggy's "first thing that comes to his mind" was:

SHARE THIS
My little brother was taken from us by food allergies. They were M&M's with peanut butter in them, and they looked exactly the same as M&M's. His airway was cut off and my stepdad got him in the car and started driving to the hospital. The Ambulance met him while he was giving CPR to him in the road, and they drove him to a hospital in Denver, and from there he took a care flight to a better hospital. He was hooked up to a ventilator and still had a heart beat, but his brain started swelling and eventually blood to his brain was cut off.

We don't want any family to ever have to go through this again, so please help us raise awareness of the seriousness of food allergies (and the lack of initiative when informing people of what is in products) with the link below.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=BVJUWARZV8GNE

His motivations before this thread was already quite suspect, and now this happens and in less than 3 paragraphs "donations" are asked for.  There isn't any group associated with this donation.  There is no plan for how this donation would raise awareness.  There isn't even a hacked-together website in an effort to legitimize it.

Greyhawk went out of his way to try and bring some sort of legitimacy to FinShaggy's post when he had zero reason to do so. 

Bitcoiners may well be known for their compassion and charity, and that is plenty of motivation for someone to try and take advantage of it.  Given FinShaggy's post history, I believe this is the case in this situation.
Activity: 495
Merit: 507
June 08, 2013, 01:33:09 PM
People on here kept saying things about the Kardashian's and peanuts, so I looked it up and the similarities are crazy.

My little brothers name is Mason, Kourtney Kardashian's son was Mason.
It happened on Friday for both of them
They were both hospitalized for peanut allergies
My brother Mason was 11 years old, the Kardashian Mason is 11 months old.

The only difference is the outcome, and now that I know this happened to their family as well, we sent an email to her manager to see if she will help us educate the world about how dangerous peanut allergies are. I never thought a peanut could do this.

Smoking more weed is obviously the correct way to address this situation.

By the way, what the fuck did you think a peanut allergy entailed?
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Google/YouTube
June 08, 2013, 01:14:44 PM
People on here kept saying things about the Kardashian's and peanuts, so I looked it up and the similarities are crazy.

My little brothers name is Mason, Kourtney Kardashian's son was Mason.
It happened on Friday for both of them
They were both hospitalized for peanut allergies
My brother Mason was 11 years old, the Kardashian Mason is 11 months old.

The only difference is the outcome, and now that I know this happened to their family as well, we sent an email to her manager to see if she will help us educate the world about how dangerous peanut allergies are. I never thought a peanut could do this.
Activity: 575
The North Remembers
Activity: 770
Merit: 502
June 08, 2013, 07:26:59 AM
By any chance was this the person that was in a coma?

Yes.

Well, my condolences to you and your family. Terrible to hear about all this.
global moderator
Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610
In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce
June 08, 2013, 07:19:10 AM

Um... I don't think allergic reactions work like cancer. You get it, and you either get better quick, or you die. I'm not sure how someone could suffer for a long time from an allergic reaction  Huh
If it's a peanut allergy then proably so.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
June 08, 2013, 02:23:42 AM

legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
June 08, 2013, 12:58:21 AM
http://health.usnews.com/health-news/blogs/on-parenting/2009/03/16/how-to-control-peanut-allergy-in-children

A peanut allergy is terrifying: Eating even a tiny bit of peanut can spark a fatal reaction, and up until now, the only way to avoid that fate was to never eat the legumes, which lurk in thousands of processed foods. Of the 150 deaths each year from food allergies, half are caused by peanuts, and most of those deaths happen in teenagers and young adults. That's why two new reports on an experimental treatment for peanut allergy are good news. They offer the possibility that some kids will be able to "outgrow" peanut allergy, as well as dangerous allergies to such foods as eggs, milk, tree nuts, and shellfish.
?
Activity: -
Merit: -
June 08, 2013, 12:46:44 AM
He is in a better place.

Surprisingly, I agree with Dank.

Are... you saying he's better off dead???

legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
June 07, 2013, 11:48:15 PM
He is in a better place.

Are... you saying he's better off dead???
?
Activity: -
Merit: -
June 07, 2013, 11:24:37 PM
He is in a better place.

Pages:
Jump to: