Pages:
Author

Topic: I lost half of my crypto amount! what to do? - page 22. (Read 10097 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 100
So I basically got fomoed. Towards the end of 2017 I saw how high bitcoin skyrocketed and decided to invest in ripple as a test. Less than one week it went up 3x. This made me more ballsy and I put in 11k total in various other alt coins like ripple, ethos, tron, and cardano. After the crash I lost about half of my value just like that. I am frustrated with the experience and wish I would have just put in 1k or something. I wish I could just not invested and went into what I was doing earlier which was just investing the boring and traditional way. Should I wait and hodl or pull out and do something else?

You know what you are not alone...  We cant truly predict what will happen that's why we are here to take a risk...  Investing is too risky sometimes we didn't know if the strategy we are doing is the best or not...  That's the reason why as for i am just holding my coins because as for today the market is not stable...  We will loss so much if we didn't think carefully... But dont loss hope it is not the end continue working and soon it your coins will come back again...

Actually when you summarized it, you don't lost anything, as long as you don't do selling in low price you are not loosing your coin.. Its the market value actually lost, the market price drops and it affect our investment, but when you check it your coin is still the same its actually the value of it is loosing. Wait for it to grow and you will see that you will gain your profit again.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
look at the bright side, you still have the coin to play! play away! gambling is like that brother!
Activity: 644
Merit: 103
its so late for you to cash out your assets, i suggest to hold it, try to not check your assets value everyday, i hope cryptocurrencies will rising in near future so your investment is profitable again
Activity: 31
in the current situation i would hold the coins they will eventually go higher. FOMO is a common mistake don't blame yourself, just learn from it.
Activity: 70
Fomo is totally regretful in crypto because it is rare to see such growth in the market like the ath of the bitcoin last year, all the altcoins got pulled up by bitcoin. You should hold for now and wait again that same moment, don't do the same mistake.
Activity: 72
From beginning market dumped heavily and all lost almost 90% of from their ATH and I think you almost purchased at that point. So you also suffered big loss in your capital but  I think hold is the best option and wait for you purchased rate to come so that you can exit in your position. We have seen market is in bearish trend and its reacting on bad news. Till the end of this year market can again come in bullish trend. So dont panic and sell your coins and dont book loss but wait for market to come in bullish trend.
Activity: 238
Merit: 1
Hold is not the only option, if we have experience with a huge dump, we can sell it, even if we lose the offset to other coins. We will also think that not all the time we make a profit, sometimes we get losses because market prices are still unpredictable.
Activity: 75
Presently all holders of cryptographic money in a similar circumstance, as the digital money showcase has fallen for quite a while. Nonetheless, shrewd dealers don't consider the impermanent devaluation of their coins some sort of misfortune and misfortunes. On the off chance that they are not sold requiring little to no effort, this isn't a misfortune. This does not merit focusing on. Before long the market will begin to rise, at that point it will be smarter to consider the benefit from the put finances in these coins.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 102
You didn't lose the coins but value, even people who are holding the altcoin lose their value more than 50%. So don't worry about the current situation because if you feel panic you will sell those for looks. So wait for another 1 year in order to make more profit.
Activity: 140
This is a common problem as a newcomer to investment. Everyone will make such a mistake. Because there is not enough understanding of this market and blind investment, the investment risk is very large, and the characteristics of this industry are fluctuating, so you are When investing in this market, you must be mentally prepared.
Activity: 125
Merit: 1
I would buy Bitcoin and wait it out for the bull.  Once we have peaked you need to very carefully get into Tether and wait for the pull back.  You should be able to make up your loses in one fell swoop.  You just need to watch and wait for the cycle and make 2 trades. 
Activity: 126
I lost a lot in this market like you, but I didn't panic. I didn't sell my cryptocurrency. I will continue to hold them. I need more patience. I believe the encryption market will get again. recovery.
Activity: 25
That's fine, dont give up. Try https://crypscan.com it helped me to rebuild my crypto deposit during the fall of the market
Activity: 322
Merit: 11
I myself have made similar mistakes of FOMO and it just seems like everyone does, like it is an oath to becoming a good trader. So you have made the cardinal mistake of FOMOing (dw we all have) now you are in a spot of hodl or sell I would hodl myself because I don't like selling at losses. Also you have to look at whether those coins or not have a chance of getting out of the red and as far as I know those are okay coins and you should be able to creep out of losses. Lastly, know that I am still bag holding a couple of alts from last year some of which I have had for 10 months now (and don't know when I can get rid of but will wait it out).

I should have just went with bitcoin or ethereum. Cause if they go up then the other alt coins go up. They are the leaders of the pack it seems like. I will hodl since I don't want to sell at a loss. But you think they will go back up by the end of the year?
Experience is the best teacher as they say. At least you have learned your lesson and became wiser now when it comes to buying in this market. You are right don't sell them yet, it's not yet considered a loss unless you sell them at a lower price. The good thing here in cryptocurrency is the power of holding but it needs your patience. So my advice is, invest only the amount you do not need in the short term period.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 101
indeed in the crypto world the price is fluctuating so many people are losing now because of the value that is going down now, but still keep it until the price rises as before
indeed to avoid losing more is to remain patient and not panic to sell because even if you have to be in a hurry it will be more difficult to lose all the assets we have
Activity: 133
Investing in this falling market, we will all have losses. But I think if we want to recover losses in this market, then we should maintain enough patience and wait for the market to pick up.
Activity: 60
I think that you are not alone in this situation. The only thing I can tell you, it's probably not so greedy people. If you could earn from 1k $ 11k $, then you need to immediately remove them, because the course can not grow forever.
Yeah! it seems that you are not alone in facing this situation, I am too, even my friend is worse, this is the risk of cryptocurrency, but believe me, just hold, you will get the value back, keep the spirit.
Activity: 27
I think there will be many people like you this year. In the face of this year's cryptocurrency price, we are very helpless. I personally think that as long as we insist on holding coins in the long-term, don't panic, don't prematurely sell them. We patiently stick to it. I believe that the market will return sooner or later.
Activity: 321
Merit: 10
indeed in the crypto world the price is fluctuating so many people are losing now because of the value that is going down now, but still keep it until the price rises as before
Activity: 251
Merit: 3
Globe-dex.com
So I basically got fomoed. Towards the end of 2017 I saw how high bitcoin skyrocketed and decided to invest in ripple as a test. Less than one week it went up 3x. This made me more ballsy and I put in 11k total in various other alt coins like ripple, ethos, tron, and cardano. After the crash I lost about half of my value just like that. I am frustrated with the experience and wish I would have just put in 1k or something. I wish I could just not invested and went into what I was doing earlier which was just investing the boring and traditional way. Should I wait and hodl or pull out and do something else?

You know what you are not alone...  We cant truly predict what will happen that's why we are here to take a risk...  Investing is too risky sometimes we didn't know if the strategy we are doing is the best or not...  That's the reason why as for i am just holding my coins because as for today the market is not stable...  We will loss so much if we didn't think carefully... But dont loss hope it is not the end continue working and soon it your coins will come back again...
Pages:
Jump to: