Pages:
Author

Topic: I miss the Soviet Union. - page 2. (Read 15600 times)

legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
January 12, 2019, 11:33:11 AM
These are slogans, they mean nothing to an average Cuban.

I suggest you go and live in Cuba for a few months, just make sure you don't take more than $20/month with you.  You'll very quickly learn what it is like to live in Cuba.  You will change your mind in a New York minute.
They are actual facts not slogans.   Those generalized facts literally apply to the average cuban.   Why don't you go live in the next hurricane Maria or Katrina?  I wonder what life is like living in America as a dead baby.  

I am not the one who advocates that living in hurricane-affected areas is good for you.  

You said that communism offers many benefits so I suggested you go and live there to verify your hypothesis.

BTW, natural disasters such as hurricanes are not related to the economic system.  How you correlated the two is beyond me.

I guess some brains work in the mysterious ways, LOL.
Activity: 952
Merit: 175
@cryptocommies
January 12, 2019, 12:55:52 AM
You should learn about all of the major atrocities in history instead of just microfocusing on famine or gulag.  Far more was done than Stalin's policies which may or may not have been genocidal (its literally debated amongst historians).   Its telling that you never talk about anything but communist famines which may or may not have been targeted.  Its believable that you never learned about anything else besides that and the holocaust but its also believable that you have a subconscious excuse that dismisses most mass murder as part of the "good fight". 

Not my words- Via wikipedia
For most Westerners and anti-communist Russians, he is viewed overwhelmingly negatively as a mass murderer;[853] for significant numbers of Russians and Georgians, he is regarded as a great statesman and state-builder.[853]
Wow its almost as if there are multiple perspectives to consider and a complex historical analysis is necessary.
In under three decades, Stalin transformed the Soviet Union into a major industrial world power,[855] one which could "claim impressive achievements" in terms of urbanisation, military strength, education, and Soviet pride.[856] Under his rule, the average Soviet life expectancy grew due to improved living conditions, nutrition, and medical care;[857] mortality rates declined.[858] Although millions of Soviet citizens despised him, support for Stalin was nevertheless widespread throughout Soviet society.[856

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/india-35-million-deaths-britain-shashi-tharoor-british-empire-a7627041.html
https://www.globalresearch.ca/us-has-killed-more-than-20-million-people-in-37-victim-nations-since-world-war-ii/5492051
Imagine if these events were mentioned everytime anyone said anything about the US or UK.

I can acknowledge great accomplishments of empires even though I clearly despise them.  I love the fact that so much of the world speaks English and can acknowledge that without condoning the Bengal famine.  I can talk about great things the US has accomplished without brining up all of its atrocities.  I acknowledge that despite not having the best quality of life or ethics, no nation has accomplished more than the US in the latter part of the 20th century.  That doesn't automatically make me culpable for the very things I spend so much time ridiculing.

Everything is so simple to you.  You have only projected that you deal in absolutes and have no ability to perceive nuance.  You claim to know so much history but learning history without multiple perspectives and contexts is pointless.  Can you give a list of good things about the Soviet Union to prove you aren't a complete bot?  Its a captcha. 
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 2008
First Exclusion Ever
January 11, 2019, 09:38:04 PM
Yeah, even though I said they weren't saints (what superpower was?), just throw everything else out of the window in favor of the simplistic "Stalin man bad!" analysis.  Every imperial power has done bad things because being imperial is already evil in the first place.  Level headed humans can appreciate the fact that humanity has been to and made use of space without simultaneously condoning mass murder.  

"not a saint" wow, what a harsh criticism of one of the greatest mass murderers alive. You mean like how you throw out even acknowledging the existence of these horrible situations by just ignoring they happened and calling the time under this system as "undeniably great". What a master debater.
I'm not throwing it out, I'm just not talking about that.  I'm against colonialism, imperialism, and authoritarianism but that doesn't create a bias in my mind that blinds me from the great accomplishments of a system that involved all three.  Was it ideal? no. Was it a utopia? no.  Were the accomplishments relatively greater than every other empire of the 20th century?  Of course!

Oh, you just aren't talking about it while you claim the era  was "undeniably great", even though the fact a genocidal maniac was in charge most of that time making your claim in fact quite deniable. How convenient. No it wasn't utopia, it was the closest thing I have ever learned about till this day to Hell on Earth. Greater than any other empire... I would laugh at you if you weren't so pathetically mindless.
@cryptocommies
January 11, 2019, 01:43:58 PM
Yeah, even though I said they weren't saints (what superpower was?), just throw everything else out of the window in favor of the simplistic "Stalin man bad!" analysis.  Every imperial power has done bad things because being imperial is already evil in the first place.  Level headed humans can appreciate the fact that humanity has been to and made use of space without simultaneously condoning mass murder.  

"not a saint" wow, what a harsh criticism of one of the greatest mass murderers alive. You mean like how you throw out even acknowledging the existence of these horrible situations by just ignoring they happened and calling the time under this system as "undeniably great". What a master debater.
I'm not throwing it out, I'm just not talking about that.  I'm against colonialism, imperialism, and authoritarianism but that doesn't create a bias in my mind that blinds me from the great accomplishments of a system that involved all three.  Was it ideal? no. Was it a utopia? no.  Were the accomplishments relatively greater than every other empire of the 20th century?  Of course!

I suggest you go and live in Cuba for a few months, just make sure you don't take more than $20/month with you.  You'll very quickly learn what it is like to live in Cuba.  You will change your mind in a New York minute.
They are actual facts not slogans.   Those generalized facts literally apply to the average cuban.   Why don't you go live in the next hurricane Maria or Katrina?  I wonder what life is like living in America as a dead baby. 
Activity: 1470
Merit: 325
January 11, 2019, 09:46:58 AM
well its boring to live in communism though
legendary
First Exclusion Ever
January 11, 2019, 08:01:34 AM
Yeah, even though I said they weren't saints (what superpower was?), just throw everything else out of the window in favor of the simplistic "Stalin man bad!" analysis.  Every imperial power has done bad things because being imperial is already evil in the first place.  Level headed humans can appreciate the fact that humanity has been to and made use of space without simultaneously condoning mass murder. 

legendary
January 11, 2019, 12:24:52 AM

Life is pretty good in Cuba.  

Which part?  And more importantly for whom?

Have you been to Cuba?

No tienes ninguna idea.

Well I'd like to start by saying its better for hurricane victims.  In 2017, hurricane Irma was a direct hit on Cuba as a cat5.  It killed 10 people there and weakened before hitting Florida where it killed 84 people.  By contrast, Hurricane Maria was a hurricane of similar strength and killed over 3000 people.  Its not even close.  Disaster preparedness in the US is a disaster itself and despite aggressive embargo and significantly lower national resources, Cuba does so much more with less.  Its not just disaster preparedness, Cuba also leads the way in Latin America when it comes to healthcare, education, and sustainability.  

I suggest you go and live in Cuba for a few months, just make sure you don't take more than $20/month with you.  You'll very quickly learn what it is like to live in Cuba.  You will change your mind in a New York minute.
@cryptocommies
January 10, 2019, 11:34:43 PM

Which part?  And more importantly for whom?

Have you been to Cuba?

No tienes ninguna idea.

Well I'd like to start by saying its better for hurricane victims.  In 2017, hurricane Irma was a direct hit on Cuba as a cat5.  It killed 10 people there and weakened before hitting Florida where it killed 84 people.  By contrast, Hurricane Maria was a hurricane of similar strength and killed over 3000 people.  Its not even close.  Disaster preparedness in the US is a disaster itself and despite aggressive embargo and significantly lower national resources, Cuba does so much more with less.  Its not just disaster preparedness, Cuba also leads the way in Latin America when it comes to healthcare, education, and sustainability.  

No one is saying they were saints but their advancements to human civilization as well as the general state of society in Russia from 1921-1961 were undeniably great. 

You are fucking out of your mind.
Yeah, even though I said they weren't saints (what superpower was?), just throw everything else out of the window in favor of the simplistic "Stalin man bad!" analysis.  Every imperial power has done bad things because being imperial is already evil in the first place.  Level headed humans can appreciate the fact that humanity has been to and made use of space without simultaneously condoning mass murder. 
legendary
January 10, 2019, 10:54:36 PM

Which part?  And more importantly for whom?

Have you been to Cuba?

No tienes ninguna idea.
legendary
First Exclusion Ever
January 10, 2019, 10:40:16 PM
No one is saying they were saints but their advancements to human civilization as well as the general state of society in Russia from 1921-1961 were undeniably great. 

You are fucking out of your mind.
@cryptocommies
January 10, 2019, 10:12:21 PM

I miss the Soviet Union. I never visited the country during its 72 years of existence, and I didn’t much like what I read about it in late-Cold War newspapers and library copies of Soviet Life: the long queues for bread, the military parades presided over by impassive bemedaled field marshals, the kitschy tributes to dictators, the Olympians inflated by performance-enhancing drugs. Communism, with its denial of both God and the individual, never appealed to me as a way of life, and I doubt it was much good for the Russian worker, the Polish worker, the East German worker, or the Yugoslavian worker.

Communism was, however, fantastic for the American worker. It’s no coincidence that the golden age of American equality, that period from the 1940s to the 1970s when the gap between CEOs and employees hit its all-time low, was almost exactly coterminous with the Cold War. As any capitalist will tell you, competition is good for the marketplace. It forces businesses to create better products and more efficient services for consumers. The same is true for capitalism itself: as a means of raising the living standards of an entire society, it never functioned better than when it was forced to compete with a rival economic system. [...]

An economy without a marketplace will produce only the bare minimum necessary for survival. But capitalism, in its rawest form, leads to the same result. Unless tempered by unionization or a social welfare state, the iron law of wages reduces the majority of workers to a subsistence level, while creating vast wealth for a tiny ownership class. Ronald Reagan advanced a false dichotomy between Communism and capitalism that is still with us, 25 years after his presidency ended. It’s true, as Louise Bryant said in “Reds,” that Communism would never have worked in the United States — but capitalism isn’t working as well without it.

http://www.salon.com/2014/04/01/communism_saved_the_american_worker_how_soviet_competition_raised_our_living_standards/

You miss Soviet Union because you obviously never lived under under totalitarian regime.If you want to check it out, go try live in Venezuela,Cuba or North Korea.

Regarding american workers and period of prosperity,it has nothing to do with Soviet Union.Decline for US workers started with development of China.

Imagine a system that took a backwards land of peasants literally to the peak of human existence in just 40 years and oh by the way defeated the greatest evil in human history in the middle of all that.  

And did it by killing off millions, and taking away the freedom of millions of others, and still couldn't do as good a job as America has done with freedom. Are you sure it isn't "coins4commics?"

Cool
This is such a huge exaggeration.  They killed people yes but so did every powerful country in human history.  No one is saying they were saints but their advancements to human civilization as well as the general state of society in Russia from 1921-1961 were undeniably great. 
January 10, 2019, 12:03:02 PM

I miss the Soviet Union. I never visited the country during its 72 years of existence, and I didn’t much like what I read about it in late-Cold War newspapers and library copies of Soviet Life: the long queues for bread, the military parades presided over by impassive bemedaled field marshals, the kitschy tributes to dictators, the Olympians inflated by performance-enhancing drugs. Communism, with its denial of both God and the individual, never appealed to me as a way of life, and I doubt it was much good for the Russian worker, the Polish worker, the East German worker, or the Yugoslavian worker.

Communism was, however, fantastic for the American worker. It’s no coincidence that the golden age of American equality, that period from the 1940s to the 1970s when the gap between CEOs and employees hit its all-time low, was almost exactly coterminous with the Cold War. As any capitalist will tell you, competition is good for the marketplace. It forces businesses to create better products and more efficient services for consumers. The same is true for capitalism itself: as a means of raising the living standards of an entire society, it never functioned better than when it was forced to compete with a rival economic system. [...]

An economy without a marketplace will produce only the bare minimum necessary for survival. But capitalism, in its rawest form, leads to the same result. Unless tempered by unionization or a social welfare state, the iron law of wages reduces the majority of workers to a subsistence level, while creating vast wealth for a tiny ownership class. Ronald Reagan advanced a false dichotomy between Communism and capitalism that is still with us, 25 years after his presidency ended. It’s true, as Louise Bryant said in “Reds,” that Communism would never have worked in the United States — but capitalism isn’t working as well without it.

http://www.salon.com/2014/04/01/communism_saved_the_american_worker_how_soviet_competition_raised_our_living_standards/

You miss Soviet Union because you obviously never lived under under totalitarian regime.If you want to check it out, go try live in Venezuela,Cuba or North Korea.

Regarding american workers and period of prosperity,it has nothing to do with Soviet Union.Decline for US workers started with development of China.

well the west is also a totalitarian regime if you dont want to join being money earning of the banking cartels there.
Activity: 64
Merit: 1
January 10, 2019, 06:01:17 AM

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
January 09, 2019, 04:01:59 PM
Imagine a system that took a backwards land of peasants literally to the peak of human existence in just 40 years and oh by the way defeated the greatest evil in human history in the middle of all that.  

And did it by killing off millions, and taking away the freedom of millions of others, and still couldn't do as good a job as America has done with freedom. Are you sure it isn't "coins4commics?"

Cool
@cryptocommies
January 08, 2019, 08:52:44 PM
January 08, 2019, 05:50:34 PM
Well most of us at the Democratic era it impossible to speak any thing good about any other system of government, since the Soviet Union practices the socialist system of government the leader have to be imposing to bring to light it policy and governance.

united states will become north american soviet union, what the russians didnt achieved, crypto will achieve in no time.

trust me
Merit: 41
January 08, 2019, 05:07:48 PM
Well most of us at the Democratic era it impossible to speak any thing good about any other system of government, since the Soviet Union practices the socialist system of government the leader have to be imposing to bring to light it policy and governance.
legendary
First Exclusion Ever
January 08, 2019, 08:44:28 AM
exactly my observation, future soviet union is the us banking cartel,

the equity billionaires, and property billionaires, and the dependend urban population will try to save themselves from decentralisation by creating a socialist union of amerika

You operate under the delusion that Communism and the banking system were ever separate things.
January 08, 2019, 08:18:52 AM
Everyone who is loving freedom and crypto cant miss the communists. Communism was a slavery for all freedom loving people.

crypto is no freedom its currently the enslavement by the owners and opperators of the global cryptoindex

they dont list "coins with huge marketcapitalisation"

everything must be centered on "their" bitcoins, and the dumpsterfire they want to release tomorrow into the world
January 07, 2019, 11:33:13 AM

Be careful what you wish for.  The US is heading in this direction.

This time it will the US turn to have millions die of starvation, isolate themselves from the rest of the world, build (Berlin like) walls etc.

Majority of young people in the US are ready for communism and would embrace this system with open arms, the ones who will be against it will be killed or marginalized, IMHO.  

These changes can happen within a generation or two, so be careful what you wish for.

Communism is evil, no matter where in the world it exists.

exactly my observation, future soviet union is the us banking cartel,

the equity billionaires, and property billionaires, and the dependend urban population will try to save themselves from decentralisation by creating a socialist union of amerika
Pages:
Jump to: