Author

Topic: I quit trading - page 120. (Read 242500 times)

legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
February 29, 2016, 05:52:56 AM
So guys, after 2 years of trading i am going to stop. (unless i have full time to trade, which i currently don't)

I have calculated all my trades on the various platforms i have used in the last couple years.

Deposited: 47BTC (roughly)

Withdrew: 40BTC (roughly)

Overall i am happy with the results, i would pay 7 BTC anyday for what i have learned so far.

Now the question is: what the fuck do i do now with my money.

Wow, 7 BTC loss, quite something. I really hope that you've learned A LOT, since it didn't come cheap.

What I'd do?
If you still have 40 BTC after 2 years it means you don't need it so bad as fiat value. So I will not start with buy this or that, you surely have enough fiat for that.
What I'd do, I'd split the money in at least 3 parts:
1. One part will sit on paper wallets. That's the part you always can count on for emergencies or future use.
2. One part will you can invest in house on gambling sites, you can lend on forum or on exchanges. This part should grow while still staying as Bitcoin.
3. One part I'd convert in a few high potential altcoins. This is the highest risk investment. Some will be lost money while some others may make you rich.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
February 29, 2016, 05:43:58 AM
As you are having 40 btc (I consider you as a Mini Whale)

I can see many people having more than 10 btc are enjoying trades at the cost of small traders.

I would rather suggest to invest in a potential coin sit back and enjoy profits Smiley

In the bitcoin trade, people with 40 or 100 bitcoin are not whales. They can easily be absorbed by markets.

how much btc do you think is enough to qualify one as a whale?

In order to move a market in an exchange, you need at least 1000 bitcoin to do that. That is just a small whale.
Just a wait a little longer. Dont give up so fast, that is not good. I hope later that the value will rise.
And if you are looking at it. You can see that the price is rising. But you never know what can happen in the future.
Activity: 946
Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform
February 28, 2016, 09:41:41 AM
instead i'm trying to trade again on 1broker, going long for short term on btc/usd counter pair

seems easily profitable since the bottom is already established at 350 so you're safe with any bets above it

I think the price will not go below $350 in the future. So we need to establish a new psychological bottom to do buy.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1145
February 27, 2016, 03:24:26 AM
instead i'm trying to trade again on 1broker, going long for short term on btc/usd counter pair

seems easily profitable since the bottom is already established at 350 so you're safe with any bets above it

my friend trade on 1broker too, he introduce me how to trade at 1broker, but for me bittrex more simple and less risky than 1broker
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
February 27, 2016, 03:20:45 AM

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
February 26, 2016, 04:52:45 AM
Why you should do that. It is not smart. Bitcoin will be now worth later in the future and that will be also good for trading.
I know that you are very negative about the btc price are, but there is now a change. It is rising now and that is good.

For most of us, it is better to keep the bitcoin in our own wallet and hold for the long term. Leave the trading to the professionals.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
February 25, 2016, 01:03:17 PM
Why you should do that. It is not smart. Bitcoin will be now worth later in the future and that will be also good for trading.
I know that you are very negative about the btc price are, but there is now a change. It is rising now and that is good.
Activity: 308
Merit: 292
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
February 25, 2016, 11:29:11 AM
Buy a motorcycle and start traveling the world with it. Time to start learning and seeing new things.
February 25, 2016, 06:10:36 AM

I can see many people having more than 10 btc are enjoying trades at the cost of small traders.

I would rather suggest to invest in a potential coin sit back and enjoy profits Smiley

In the bitcoin trade, people with 40 or 100 bitcoin are not whales. They can easily be absorbed by markets.

In order to move a market in an exchange, you need at least 1000 bitcoin to do that. That is just a small whale.
Activity: 812
February 24, 2016, 07:08:41 PM

I think if some one have more then 100 Bitcoins he is consider as Whale because its enough funds to do many things
Activity: 350
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
February 24, 2016, 03:55:58 PM
You think 100 bitcoin is not much? Then you surely have more than that.
February 24, 2016, 06:20:42 AM

Activity: 210
February 24, 2016, 01:05:18 AM
i have the same problem like OP mentions.
i found out that i have to dedicate a lot of my time if i want to be successful in trading. so it is hard to do everyday, i do it from time to time but the problem is i lose some opportunities and when you give up and come back it is hard to keep up with the news.

Yeah I agree, it takes a lot of effort to keep track and successfully trade bitcoin. It'll be like having an official job
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024
February 24, 2016, 12:49:33 AM

Activity: 574
Merit: 251
February 23, 2016, 10:27:26 AM
So guys, after 2 years of trading i am going to stop. (unless i have full time to trade, which i currently don't)

I have calculated all my trades on the various platforms i have used in the last couple years.

Overall i am happy with the results, i would pay 7 BTC anyday for what i have learned so far.

how about the value of your bitcoin ?
if you buying bitcoin at price $200-$300 then you sell your bitcoin at price $400
is a good profit friend,, think about value in fiat currency

yes its good but most countries have a tax on profits when u convert bitcoins to fiat money, dont forget to pay that or you will be in for a nast surprise when the tax man comes to collect 1 year later Smiley
Activity: 2128
Merit: 520
February 23, 2016, 08:46:10 AM
I used to trade some of my coins. But I could not get the timing right, so I lost some coins. I will just hold now.
Activity: 464
February 22, 2016, 03:41:09 AM

if you buying bitcoin at price $200-$300 then you sell your bitcoin at price $400

If you think the price of bitcoin will rise in long term, it is better to hold it. Will you buy back in a few months if the price is $800?
Op just get an unfortunate moment, from a date op post this thread bitcoin price at that time was around $230-240 back to back in september 2015 and that's the reason why he looks frustated and decide to quit trade in bitcoin.
Bitcoin price at that time are stuck, op just need a little bit patient to wait until 4-5 months to go and he will get profit almost 100% now in february 2016. It's just unfortunate. Keep trading and keep holding !
Activity: 700
Merit: 501
February 22, 2016, 12:04:23 AM

If you think the price of bitcoin will rise in long term, it is better to hold it. Will you buy back in a few months if the price is $800?

i think this time is very good for keep hold and take long term ivestment.
everyday the volume trade of bitcoin increased, im sure in future we can survive...
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048
February 21, 2016, 03:32:02 AM

thug life. you must be have big deal if you deposite that amount,and must be know what will gonna happen to you,trading is like gambling i think,and now with 7BTC,you can do anything,7 BTC is bigger money for now.
Activity: 2618
Merit: 548
SecureShift.io | Crypto-Exchange
February 20, 2016, 12:36:47 PM
I think it is much better if you start trading in small amount, or amount that you can afford to lose.Like other investment,theres uncertainty win/lose result. Just Remember GFHI =Greed,Fear,Hope,Ignorance and know how to deal it. Wink

Good, starting the bitcoin trade once again with small number of bitcoins is a good plan. Even in the days of growth trading as well fall will surely benefit you without much loss.
Jump to: