Author

Topic: I quit trading - page 129. (Read 242500 times)

Activity: 243
Merit: 101
October 08, 2015, 09:13:29 AM
Quitting trading is the good thing if you have faced many losses. Many people could not find a way to stop themselves from doing trading. So, decide what you need to do.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058
October 08, 2015, 12:36:10 AM
Deciding to quit trading just because of the losses faced on last trading is the most common situations in trading houses. But we must learn profit or losses are part of trading. We must aim to minimize losses than profits. because you can not completely prevent losses.

Yes. If number of winning trades are just more than loosing trade then people will consider trading as their one of main income sources. But that's the challenge we face from trading world. All the above, people making small profit in 10 trades and a big loss in a single trade. That's the real situation.
legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094
October 07, 2015, 04:07:31 PM
7 BTC is a huge amount and I'm sorry for your loss. Pay your bills or buy gift cards with the BTC you've earned as investing it would be a bad option since you've been trading all this while and have incurred a loss. If you wish, you can start your own website by buying a domain name and then advertisers could pay you per month which could earn you a good amount of profit.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
October 07, 2015, 11:51:06 AM
Just keep on keeping on.

But, seriously, I recommend putting those BTC into cold storage, because at the next halving, BTC will go upwards of about 500USD
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
October 07, 2015, 11:25:41 AM
Deciding to quit trading just because of the losses faced on last trading is the most common situations in trading houses. But we must learn profit or losses are part of trading. We must aim to minimize losses than profits. because you can not completely prevent losses.
Activity: 54
October 07, 2015, 06:57:32 AM
Deposited: 47BTC (roughly)

Withdrew: 40BTC (roughly)

You are lucky man! Most of traders loose 47BTC  Wink
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023
October 06, 2015, 10:51:39 AM
Faucets are the biggest waste of time ever.. If you calculate the amount you could make from faucets assuming you have perfect claim rates, you are literally better off getting a job at McDonalds.

Faucets are to kill your time. You can not chase your time with a faucet earning. But people like faucet compared to bitcoin trading because there is no chance of loosing out bitcoin in the case of faucets unlike bitcoin trading. But they do not know they are loosing their time where time is money.

I used to play with faucets not to "earn" bitcoin but to obtain some for me to test and play with. At that time I was not very sure what bitcoin is and I guess that's the only reason for faucets.
legendary
October 06, 2015, 10:43:07 AM
Faucets are the biggest waste of time ever.. If you calculate the amount you could make from faucets assuming you have perfect claim rates, you are literally better off getting a job at McDonalds.

Faucets are to kill your time. You can not chase your time with a faucet earning. But people like faucet compared to bitcoin trading because there is no chance of loosing out bitcoin in the case of faucets unlike bitcoin trading. But they do not know they are loosing their time where time is money.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
October 06, 2015, 09:15:43 AM

while you say faucets are a waste of time (i agree with that) there are loads of people returning to get some satoshi's every hour or every day. but on the other hand, people from third world countries welcome every penny they can make extra, hourly or daily.
Activity: 770
Merit: 284
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
October 06, 2015, 05:29:36 AM

Indeed. Faucets are such a waste of time. I only use them to dice with. And then just for testing some bot systems.
legendary
Activity: 1092
October 05, 2015, 10:52:56 PM
Try make your own bussness like a faucet site or gambling site or any site that can get some profit to your coins.... dont try invest to any site like coinsera and scrypt.cc

That's true should not invest in any of those ponzi sites they can close at any time without paying any things instead just keep your coins with you and sell it when it appreciate if you do not know how to invest those coins safely. But do not believe any one who offer unrealistic profits in short period.
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
October 05, 2015, 08:14:28 PM
Activity: 770
Merit: 284
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
October 05, 2015, 01:50:24 PM
Try make your own bussness like a faucet site or gambling site or any site that can get some profit to your coins.... dont try invest to any site like coinsera and scrypt.cc

This will work. This is a sound investment. Gambling sites make ton of money but there is a lot of competition. Faucet owners make nice money as well.

Of course you have to know how to build one of those or pay someone if you don't know how to do so. You also need to know how to operate these sites. But now I have noticed that some people even hire people that run these sites for them. In this case your earnings will decrease considerably.

I wonder what makes a faucet site be successful besides marketing? I mean all faucet sites are pretty much as far as I know, sometimes they are just direct ripoffs with different layouts and that's all. What makes a good faucet website at all? And I wonder for how long a faucet site can be profitable, consider that people may get tired of your site and go to another one, or the price may make the sites less or more populated and so on.

For faucet to be profitable you need a lot of traffic and a lot of hits from the users. That's how you get paid as the owner marketing wise from the banners and ads.

For people to come back to your faucet, you need to pay decent rates (a bit higher than your competitors) and you need to keep paying them. The problem I guess is that faucet owners get greedy so they start decreasing rates and stop paying.

All of this above I am talking about from the top of my head. Just using a business logic.

OP should better make a gamble site then a faucet. The most faucet site don't make any profit. They just costs money. The most people just come there to scrap some free money without even clicking on any ads. That's why you see more and more faucet sites disappear.
legendary
October 04, 2015, 04:33:30 AM
Many people simply quit trading just after some losses in trading.
It's not a wise decisions. Trading has paid any trader on their early days. It needs lot of dedications as well as skill development to gain some decent returns. So, you need experience to be a successful trader.

That's the real situation with many novice traders. Trading is always risky. But we can turn trading into profitable way in for just focus our dedication towards trading. Unless with proper education and dedication no one can gain profit from any type of trading.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 515
October 03, 2015, 04:59:20 AM
Many people simply quit trading just after some losses in trading.
It's not a wise decisions. Trading has paid any trader on their early days. It needs lot of dedications as well as skill development to gain some decent returns. So, you need experience to be a successful trader.
Activity: 798
Move On !!!!!!
October 03, 2015, 04:19:31 AM

This will work. This is a sound investment. Gambling sites make ton of money but there is a lot of competition. Faucet owners make nice money as well.

Of course you have to know how to build one of those or pay someone if you don't know how to do so. You also need to know how to operate these sites. But now I have noticed that some people even hire people that run these sites for them. In this case your earnings will decrease considerably.

I wonder what makes a faucet site be successful besides marketing? I mean all faucet sites are pretty much as far as I know, sometimes they are just direct ripoffs with different layouts and that's all. What makes a good faucet website at all? And I wonder for how long a faucet site can be profitable, consider that people may get tired of your site and go to another one, or the price may make the sites less or more populated and so on.

For faucet to be profitable you need a lot of traffic and a lot of hits from the users. That's how you get paid as the owner marketing wise from the banners and ads.

For people to come back to your faucet, you need to pay decent rates (a bit higher than your competitors) and you need to keep paying them. The problem I guess is that faucet owners get greedy so they start decreasing rates and stop paying.

All of this above I am talking about from the top of my head. Just using a business logic.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
October 02, 2015, 04:34:31 PM
There is always a new faucet coming live,the difference between then is no pop ups,just some 4 or 6 banners ads and a good revenue ,like 1000satoshis hour,people liking more this one these days even claiming once a day or 2 times a day,and well low payout,but the sucess depends on the support made by the costumers,otherwise will steall btc from one to several and only that.

I guess this is the first person that says that had losted money at trading,and we all know some win and others loose,the pump and dump make always both positions,i had losted 0.10 btc trading at one currency ,were new at it now im away of trading a bit,making wise investments now.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
October 02, 2015, 02:18:17 PM

legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
October 02, 2015, 01:48:22 PM
Not at all. In fact, I earned most when doge had been collapsing in March-April down to 36-37. Dogecoin is very awarding whether it falls or grows, if you know its ways, of course (it is just heavy on the CVS, lol). The only time I suffered significant loss was in February, but that was not due to trading, wtf. Back then I had been trading at Bter, and I had all of my deposit in doges (about 3.5 BTC at the time), which I bought at 59. Right after that (just a few hours later) Bter got hacked, and I got my funds frozen there. A few days later the price was at 61-62 everywhere, which would have given me 4-5% of profit. When in March I was finally able to withdraw my deposit, the price had fallen to 50-51...

That issue confirmed my prior decision not to buy crypto with fiat

So you can go short with Doge? In what exchange? I only know about BTC & LTC with Bitfinex.  Huh
Being in Cryptsy I can only take long positions which sucks because the number of altcoins in a downtrend is higher.

If I'm not mistaken, at Poloniex you can borrow doges (sell high, buy low). I looked into this, but didn't actually try it out...
Activity: 63
October 02, 2015, 01:37:18 PM
Not at all. In fact, I earned most when doge had been collapsing in March-April down to 36-37. Dogecoin is very awarding whether it falls or grows, if you know its ways, of course (it is just heavy on the CVS, lol). The only time I suffered significant loss was in February, but that was not due to trading, wtf. Back then I had been trading at Bter, and I had all of my deposit in doges (about 3.5 BTC at the time), which I bought at 59. Right after that (just a few hours later) Bter got hacked, and I got my funds frozen there. A few days later the price was at 61-62 everywhere, which would have given me 4-5% of profit. When in March I was finally able to withdraw my deposit, the price had fallen to 50-51...

That issue confirmed my prior decision not to buy crypto with fiat

So you can go short with Doge? In what exchange? I only know about BTC & LTC with Bitfinex.  Huh
Being in Cryptsy I can only take long positions which sucks because the number of altcoins in a downtrend is higher.
Jump to: