Pages:
Author

Topic: I quit trading - page 65. (Read 242500 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
May 07, 2017, 04:42:18 PM
Stop doing a job is not right if we do not have a good reason. A lot of things we have to fix, see where our weaknesses and also our strengths. When after analyzed the result is like that then it is the thing we have to fully accept.

It's actually very simple -- if things don't work, they don't work. I think that's reason enough, isn't it? It's pointless to force yourself to do something that isn't possible to achieve. In case of trading, most people are just blindly buying at whatever price in the hope that they get lucky. It will work out once, maybe twice, but at some point you'll see that without proper market understanding it's better to not do anything -- it's called self protection. Certain people just aren't made for trading

Yeah, to do the same thing all over again and expect a different result is bordering on insanity

The problem is that most people learn it only the hard way, namely, when they got heavily kicked in the ass (e.g. via losing their capital in a shit coin investment). In fact, some people can't learn anything at all fundamentally, and they stubbornly keep making basically the same mistakes time after time (many scam victims are like that). So calling it a day and quitting may not in fact be the worst decision, after all

For me it's a kind of a dilemma: missing opportunities or preventing further losses. Sometimes I lose a lot at the start of my day which awfully sucks and I am near my stop-loss threshold however, I am also that kind of person who will think that the day is young to quit early and so I would do another round or just stop. But being responsible is the best way to go rather than being optimistic. Self-control is hard to achievein trading, but if you master that, you might end up being a winner after all.
that is way it is  saying that experience is too much important in trading alt coin. as most of the people who do not have any experience in trading they do not have any planning for trading and that is the reason they most lose money in trading and therefore they stop playing gambling any more.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
May 07, 2017, 01:48:57 PM
Stop doing a job is not right if we do not have a good reason. A lot of things we have to fix, see where our weaknesses and also our strengths. When after analyzed the result is like that then it is the thing we have to fully accept.

It's actually very simple -- if things don't work, they don't work. I think that's reason enough, isn't it? It's pointless to force yourself to do something that isn't possible to achieve. In case of trading, most people are just blindly buying at whatever price in the hope that they get lucky. It will work out once, maybe twice, but at some point you'll see that without proper market understanding it's better to not do anything -- it's called self protection. Certain people just aren't made for trading

Yeah, to do the same thing all over again and expect a different result is bordering on insanity

The problem is that most people learn it only the hard way, namely, when they got heavily kicked in the ass (e.g. via losing their capital in a shit coin investment). In fact, some people can't learn anything at all fundamentally, and they stubbornly keep making basically the same mistakes time after time (many scam victims are like that). So calling it a day and quitting may not in fact be the worst decision, after all

For me it's a kind of a dilemma: missing opportunities or preventing further losses. Sometimes I lose a lot at the start of my day which awfully sucks and I am near my stop-loss threshold however, I am also that kind of person who will think that the day is young to quit early and so I would do another round or just stop. But being responsible is the best way to go rather than being optimistic. Self-control is hard to achievein trading, but if you master that, you might end up being a winner after all.
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
May 07, 2017, 01:43:46 PM

Activity: 392
Merit: 251
May 07, 2017, 01:27:00 PM
I quit trading every time I lose a large amount of money. But then my emotions pass and I return to trading again. This is a good way to multiply your capital. But you need to be prepared for losses and not have emotions
I think its not quiting it is only resting for a moment for your mind to back in normal . Emotion is the no.1 enemy of trading if you are get along your emotions the more posibility that you will lose . And what you did is ok so it will neutralize again when you back to trade.

That's right. Emotions are not necessary in trading. You should keep in mind that trading is for medium to long term investments. Don't expect higher return immediately. Well, higher return can be achieved sometimes but not most of the time. You need to monitor the market from time to time if you want short term income.

I share your feeling because I have the same sometimes. About four years ago I invested in altcoins and as a newbie I decided to store them in a cold wallet. Not to tell it was my biggest mistake ever. I did well and believed its gonna be my future investment. Obviously, I was wrong. I was sitting on these cold wallets for a couple of years almost lost everything until one day I decided to return for the old time sake. Not to mention I am so happy to be back with more experience and less emotion attached to it to make real money. My secret is patient and lots of readings. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
May 07, 2017, 12:14:54 PM

It's actually very simple -- if things don't work, they don't work. I think that's reason enough, isn't it? It's pointless to force yourself to do something that isn't possible to achieve. In case of trading, most people are just blindly buying at whatever price in the hope that they get lucky. It will work out once, maybe twice, but at some point you'll see that without proper market understanding it's better to not do anything -- it's called self protection. Certain people just aren't made for trading.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011
May 07, 2017, 11:59:45 AM
Maybe you can use your money for business online, build a shop or get married ( that if you are still single ). But try to understand where your failures in trade, so you can find a way to fix it. Because that mistake can happen again if you start to build your business in the future. You can do anything with your money but be wise to use it. Try to build your own business system about what you like, understand and get more money. Do that and good luck.
Activity: 560
Merit: 257
May 07, 2017, 09:49:43 AM
So guys, after 2 years of trading i am going to stop. (unless i have full time to trade, which i currently don't)

I have calculated all my trades on the various platforms i have used in the last couple years.

Deposited: 47BTC (roughly)

Withdrew: 40BTC (roughly)

Overall i am happy with the results, i would pay 7 BTC anyday for what i have learned so far.

Now the question is: what the fuck do i do now with my money.

No one will stop you, if you like to quit in trading. Though we know that by making trade in the market is the most profitable ways here in
Bitcoin world. And doing trade also needs a self-control and self-discipline so in the end our emotion will not control us.
Yes you are right, self discipline is the best thing to have before going into any source of income because most of the time if you don't have any self discipline then you will not have a control to yourself and you will just be greedy and you will lose the game and that will makes you think that quitting is the best way to avoid losses which is not.
Yes self-control in this case is very necessary so as not to get much loss, from anger and emotion that turbulent in self.
Activity: 826
Merit: 252
May 07, 2017, 09:46:29 AM
Maybe you can use your money for business online, build a shop or get married ( that if you are still single ). But try to understand where your failures in trade, so you can find a way to fix it. Because that mistake can happen again if you start to build your business in the future. You can do anything with your money but be wise to use it. Try to build your own business system about what you like, understand and get more money. Do that and good luck.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
May 07, 2017, 06:44:30 AM
If you have experience in forex. I suggest you work in forex. I think you may find your lost confidence again. Cry
Activity: 756
Merit: 294
May 07, 2017, 06:36:04 AM
So guys, after 2 years of trading i am going to stop. (unless i have full time to trade, which i currently don't)

I have calculated all my trades on the various platforms i have used in the last couple years.

Overall i am happy with the results, i would pay 7 BTC anyday for what i have learned so far.

No one will stop you, if you like to quit in trading. Though we know that by making trade in the market is the most profitable ways here in
Bitcoin world. And doing trade also needs a self-control and self-discipline so in the end our emotion will not control us.
Yes you are right, self discipline is the best thing to have before going into any source of income because most of the time if you don't have any self discipline then you will not have a control to yourself and you will just be greedy and you will lose the game and that will makes you think that quitting is the best way to avoid losses which is not.

Could not agree there more mate!
We highly needed the discipline in order to succeed in life. Without it, we are like just the mariners of the sea that are just keep on wandering because there is no compass being used.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
May 01, 2017, 01:50:29 AM

Activity: 854
Merit: 252
April 30, 2017, 03:08:42 AM

Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
April 28, 2017, 10:25:15 PM
I quit trading every time I lose a large amount of money. But then my emotions pass and I return to trading again. This is a good way to multiply your capital. But you need to be prepared for losses and not have emotions

That's a good attitude that whenever you lose large amount you are stopping for awhile but my suggestion is that you shouldn't trade that way. If you had large amount then secure it first so that you will be having an assured and secured fund to hide. As you are suggesting to multiply your capital in a nice manner, don't trade with large amount if you can't take the risk.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 509
April 28, 2017, 09:51:50 PM
I think its not quiting it is only resting for a moment for your mind to back in normal . Emotion is the no.1 enemy of trading if you are get along your emotions the more posibility that you will lose . And what you did is ok so it will neutralize again when you back to trade.

That's right. Emotions are not necessary in trading. You should keep in mind that trading is for medium to long term investments. Don't expect higher return immediately. Well, higher return can be achieved sometimes but not most of the time. You need to monitor the market from time to time if you want short term income.
Activity: 1386
Merit: 504
April 28, 2017, 09:41:32 PM
Activity: 1008
Merit: 531
April 28, 2017, 09:23:27 PM
I dont know why anyone wouldk want to quit trading, if he has done it already before.
There is nothing reasonable in rejecting such a great opportunities and returns, as trading may give to anyone.
It is only up to you what you want to use as a main market, if it is going to be currency pairs on forex or altcoins trading, you may gain really decent profits on both.
Losing your balance is not a reason to stop educating about markets, and a reason to quit trading. You should just learn from your mistakes, to not do the same thing again.

With something like that, I think you may become educated trader if you are going to put enough effort in it, and obviously enough time, to grasp the mechanics of trading.
Activity: 812
Merit: 509
April 28, 2017, 07:39:15 PM
Firstly, Im really sorry about all your losses but I hope you are going to recover them in a future, or even soon if the luck will be with you.
But I think you should already know that without proper conclusions taken out of every loss, you are not going to improve yourself as a trader. In fact, you will stay in the same place without any upgrades to your techniques, strategies and money management.

Every really successful trader has had many losses in history, this is just inevitable to be in such a trouble when doing trading. Sometimes, the market simply does not go into your favor, and you may blast whole your balance.
But it is about making yourself better, so always think about your mistakes, to not make them during next trading session.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
April 28, 2017, 02:44:06 PM
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
April 27, 2017, 04:16:23 PM
I don't think that investing means passive income
It's subjective.I could invest in poultry farm business for passive come.

Unless you talk about bank deposits, of course. But that can hardly be called income in the first place since the interest will be on par with inflation in the majority of cases.
Bank deposits are not investments ? They're fixed deposits.Two different things,completely.One doesn't leave his money in the bank waiting for it double over decades so his grandchildren's grandchildren's  can reap the benefits

Where did I claim the opposite?

Bank deposits are investments just like any other investments out there, and I think they are the closest approximation to what can be called "passive income". We have been discussing this issue recently, and we used bank deposits as a reference point of sorts, i.e. what a passive income should look like. But, as I said, you rarely get interest that would be exceeding average inflation rates, so, in general, they don't cut as passive income because they don't offer real income (if we measure it in inflation adjusted terms). On the other hand, if you want risk-free investments (at least, as far as there are such investments at all), you may be interested in the so-called TIPS (Treasury inflation protected securities)
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115
Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!
April 27, 2017, 02:50:35 PM
I don't think that investing means passive income
It's subjective.I could invest in poultry farm business for passive come.

Unless you talk about bank deposits, of course. But that can hardly be called income in the first place since the interest will be on par with inflation in the majority of cases.
Bank deposits are not investments ? They're fixed deposits.Two different things,completely.One doesn't leave his money in the bank waiting for it double over decades so his grandchildren's grandchildren's  can reap the benefits.

Profitable investment ("big amount of money yearly, monthly, even weekly") means that you should be actively searching investment opportunities every day since no one can guarantee you that the investments which bring you profits today ("big amount of money...") won't start making you losses tomorrow. As Alice has said, you must run as fast as you can, just to stay in place. And if you wish to go anywhere you must run twice as fast
Or you could simply choose a less risky investment method like Life Insurgences or Real Estate. Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: