Pages:
Author

Topic: I rather stay hungry than sell my Bitcoin - page 4. (Read 3000 times)

Activity: 2492
Merit: 586
  If I will not eat I will die so If I'm sick and  what will be the purpose of my Bitcoins even high in value but if I'm not a strong, so it's useless my wealth I've save so it's better to save our life also an not just so greed about the value.
It's true that our health is important, if it's urgent and I have to sell my Bitcoins to buy food. So I will do it, even though I may be at a loss.
Because for me eating and drinking is much more important than keeping the Bitcoins I have. As you said, if we don't eat it can get sick or
even cause death, nothing is more valuable than our health and life.
I don't know if I am the only one who feels this - I'll take a loan to sort out my problems while still keeping my coins safe.

If you have 1BTC for example, you can easily get a good amount of loan from a trusted lender and you don't even have to sell your bitcoins. Once the price increases, you can sell a part of the bitcoins and repay the loan. One shouldn't rely on bitcoins for their food as investors because we all do something in real life that earns us money. When times are dire like the pandemic, you can use your assets and bitcoin to take loans and prevent being hungry.

No reason to keep yourself hungry when you can plan out smarty and avoid selling and being hungry both.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 67
   If I will not eat I will die so If I'm sick and  what will be the purpose of my Bitcoins even high in value but if I'm not a strong, so it's useless my wealth I've save so it's better to save our life also an not just so greed about the value.

It's true that our health is important, if it's urgent and I have to sell my Bitcoins to buy food. So I will do it, even though I may be at a loss.
Because for me eating and drinking is much more important than keeping the Bitcoins I have. As you said, if we don't eat it can get sick or

I have the same sentiments here. Food is important and it is better for you to keep alive rather than die in hunger. What will you do with your assets if you are already dead? So better make the most of it while you can. Throughout my experience here in crypto, I already sold some of my assets if I need to. There's no thinking twice if it is about your survival.
Activity: 322
Merit: 110
elysian.finance
It's really a tempting period for Bitcoin investors considering the constant dip we have been experiencing for a while. I was once adviced to sell my coin when I had an issue that needed money urgently but I objected it took me quite a long time to hodl and loosing them now isn't a healthy idea at all.

If I sell off my coin I might not be opportunied to buy back the coin at the exact rate I bought the previous one and had to come to a concrete decision of not selling my coin no matter the consequence. Yes it's going to be a different story if it turns out negative but what if it turns out positive. Vertually everything about life had two faces been the negative outcome or the positive there is hardly any in-between and so for me I rather take the risk and face what ever comes my way in the near future because risk is a necessity as far as investment is involved.

If it turns out positive certainly the joy would be all mine and certainly a portion of it would be rubbed on people around and if it turns out the opposite direction then I bear my loss alone. It's really my cross to bear and making this decision was out of a deep quite time I had while I was wondering if I go ahead to cash out or I maintain my hodl and from all indication I just have to maintain my hodl till I get my reward no matter the manner it would appear.

For now, I prefer to hold no matter what but if it is urgent and needed badly, I will do what is necessarily need to do. You need to consider your family and health as well.
Activity: 1820
Merit: 418
Need a campaign manager? | Telegram:@worldofcoinss
I also don't want to sell my bitcoins if the price drops very far, I will continue to hold my bitcoins until the bitcoin price rises higher. I will sell a few bitcoins that I have when I have made a lot of profit, and even then if there is an urgent need. I will hold my bitcoins for my future, I don't want to live hard in my old age and I also want to make my children happy in the future.

According to a video I watched on youtube where a guy reviewing Wall street trading institution's documentation of their tradings, It's mentioned in the documents to hold no matter if the price of a particular stock goes 5x or 50x, Just hold that stock even if it goes -100% still hold it.

The document was quite messy and the message I posted above is the short form of a lot of BS written in it, People will get into FOMO and do various trades but rather than trading the stock institutions will keep the track of data of trades.
Activity: 1876
Merit: 318
   If I will not eat I will die so If I'm sick and  what will be the purpose of my Bitcoins even high in value but if I'm not a strong, so it's useless my wealth I've save so it's better to save our life also an not just so greed about the value.

Activity: 2562
Merit: 577
Once i started to trade Bitcoin for short trade and make 1 BTC profits that sold only for few hundreds Dollars but if i hold only Bitcoin and didn't move to altcoins, i definitely now become Millionaire but random move for trade pushed aside me from holding BTC. So i think only holding Bitcoin for long term is good idea and some times make day trade to increase BTC amount.

In the process of trying to increase the btc amount you will end up losing some except you are smart and good in trading, hold is the most easiest way to earn more profit but will not enable you to accumulate more, when you weigh the amount of loss you will incur over profit to be made, hold will be a better option, there is nothing wrong in trying to accumulate more if you understand the market properly.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003
sell little part of coin, just a little to make sure you can stand is better than hungry with full of coin. and you can sell anything what you have in home. you can fins job to make money, and you can find bitcoin with many directing branch to what you want.
Activity: 1099
Merit: 116
Once i started to trade Bitcoin for short trade and make 1 BTC profits that sold only for few hundreds Dollars but if i hold only Bitcoin and didn't move to altcoins, i definitely now become Millionaire but random move for trade pushed aside me from holding BTC. So i think only holding Bitcoin for long term is good idea and some times make day trade to increase BTC amount.
Activity: 99
Merit: 100
I do not share your position. I think it's worth selling bitcoin at least sometimes. I'm not so worried about selling because I have a cryptocurrency from OWNR. Spending bitcoin is very enjoyable, trust me.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 58
actually you should still take a little of your profit rather than having to wait too long. I think don't worry about your perception if you can't buy bitcoins in the future. bitcoin goes up and down all the time. even if you can not buy bitcoin you can try to buy other coins.
so use your day with bitcoin to make it better and don't push yourself too much for bitcoin

I think it is not too much to take a little of your profit from you bitcoin investment than waiting too long and end up by struggling in life and sacrificing yourself. I mean, bitcoin is really worth to be hodl and you can do whatever you wanted to do in your investment like hodl it for a long term and I bet that you have any other source of income and not relying on your investments profit then it is good decision. But there's nothing wrong too to sell a little if you really need it.
and that is practically wise mate, while Bitcoin is a rollercoaster investment  .. Why not take your coin today and sell tomorrow?

example that your Funds of 1 bitcoin valuing 50k  now and you think it will start to Dump, then sell it.

after all surely it will bear sooner, then buy again when the price drops down to at least 30-40k then your funds will be 20-60% increasing by then.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 343
Hhampuz is the best manager
Activity: 2170
Merit: 530
actually you should still take a little of your profit rather than having to wait too long. I think don't worry about your perception if you can't buy bitcoins in the future. bitcoin goes up and down all the time. even if you can not buy bitcoin you can try to buy other coins.
so use your day with bitcoin to make it better and don't push yourself too much for bitcoin

I think it is not too much to take a little of your profit from you bitcoin investment than waiting too long and end up by struggling in life and sacrificing yourself. I mean, bitcoin is really worth to be hodl and you can do whatever you wanted to do in your investment like hodl it for a long term and I bet that you have any other source of income and not relying on your investments profit then it is good decision. But there's nothing wrong too to sell a little if you really need it.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 123
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Yo man, you have got some balls of steel  Tongue, not everyone would be able to endure the hunger and still keep their bitcoin, tbh If were me I would sell a few and use the money to sustain for that time-being, then get a job later so I won't have to go hungry while waiting for bitcoin to hit $100k before I retire, but you did what you had to do I respect that, I hope some day you will reap the benefit of staying hungry to keep your bitcoin.
Activity: 2996
Merit: 609
The performance of bitcoin which is very transparent and so open makes us more flexible to hold bitcoin for a while or release it on the stock market, because for me at this time selling bitcoin is impossible considering the price is still not stable, it's better for me to be hungry than to be hungry. releasing bitcoin at a price that doesn't match what I want, moreover bitcoin is a long-term investment
You do have your own decision but i dont really find it to be that worthy if you are really hungry or doesnt really have money to spent but if you do have other source then it would be good if you wont be touching your bitcoin or crypto investment.

I cant really afford on being hungry if i do know that i have something to pull off and its not really worth on risking your health just because you do really aim for long term aspect or profitability.

Sell if you do need to and just replace the amount that you had gotten when you are in need but if you do have already the money then you could always patch it up back.
Activity: 1155
Merit: 77
It will be nice if every cryptocurrency invest will have this thought but it the opposite because it not easy for a common man who barely find a solution to his need. The best way not to say hungry and also not to sell all holding is to set a certain ratio that will sent to a watch only wallet which will be use for long term investment.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 300
I wouldn't stay hungry in that situation. It is just way ridicilous. Bitcoin is not everything for me. For now, it is just no more than an investment tool to me. I sometimes make investments and start HODLing them. But if I'm in a dire condition, then I wouldn't even think about keeping my money in Bitcoin and staying hungry. Investments should never be your absolute priority.
Activity: 316
Merit: 1
i love turtle
if you are willing to be hungry instead of selling your btc then I am willing to sell my btc instead hungry. but I will not sell my btc forever if I still can make money from work or business Wink

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
I will not stay hungry or rather sell my Bitcoin too but to be sincerely i will seek for job or find something giving me income.
I can't sell my Bitcoin not even now with all the bear market stress selling Bitcoin isn't and option though, hold till Lambo.
Activity: 2030
Merit: 402
Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game
I don't agree with your opinion. Why would I want to stay hungry while I can convert some of my BTC to fiat and buy food?  Grin  I think people shouldn't think that investing into Bitcoin is above all else. This is just a way of investment. It is not vital for our life. We were doing good also before Bitcoin. We should always keep this in mind and act wisely I think.
Activity: 938
Merit: 251
-snip-

If I sell off my coin I might not be opportunied to buy back the coin at the exact rate I bought the previous one and had to come to a concrete decision of not selling my coin no matter the consequence. Yes it's going to be a different story if it turns out negative but what if it turns out positive. Vertually everything about life had two faces been the negative outcome or the positive there is hardly any in-between and so for me I rather take the risk and face what ever comes my way in the near future because risk is a necessity as far as investment is involved.

I can actually relate to this, fees are also a huge percentage when buying bitcoin, but I still don't regret utilizing bitcoin for my own convenience.
If your choice is to keep all of it, I can respect it. but it would be better not to risk not meeting your needs
Also, don't let the prices dictate your feelings, let your bitcoin sit there and harvest the fruit once you're satisfied.
Pages:
Jump to: