Pages:
Author

Topic: I Received An Email From MyEtherWallet - page 11. (Read 1248 times)

Activity: 145
Merit: 3
February 27, 2018, 03:03:35 AM
I think a letter from myetherwallet must be a scam. As myetherwallet is a wallet without personal information, I don't it will email someone.
Activity: 154
Merit: 1
For verified airdrops https://t.me/pinoyairdrop
February 27, 2018, 02:51:54 AM
Yeah, encountered many phishing URL posing as legit sites like binance, mew, and even coindesk. Firefox blocks this sites and posts a warning but better be more careful.
Activity: 462
Merit: 260
February 27, 2018, 02:48:32 AM
Yes we should be careful. Especially those emails that say we've got tokens, And with a direct wallet link like Myetherwallet. Because it can be a phishing site. We always check our links closely and always check if this is legit by clicking on the view site information.

For help I searched for a list of phishing sites. Replica of Mew
It comes directly from Myetherwallet.com.

Always check MYETHERWALLET LLC [US]

List of all crypto phising website

More info here: https://myetherwallet.github.io/knowledge-base/migration/moving-from-private-key-to-metamask.htm

Activity: 837
Merit: 500
February 27, 2018, 02:05:03 AM
I received an email from MyEtherWallet to claim some tokens of an airdrop I joined. Hovering my mouse over the link,  I discovered it's a link to another cgi scripted site.

Interestingly you don't create MEW wallets using email addresses.

Guys be careful and be vigilant.

I received a lot of email even though I didn't share my email to those company who send the emails. Please all be carefull to click link in that email.
There are companies that are getting informations from our registrations or from bounties, I hope companies or projects took care our details whenever we give them our email, as much as possible I don't join in those that requires email like in airdrops.
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
February 27, 2018, 01:34:43 AM
I also received a letter. be careful
Activity: 423
Merit: 118
February 27, 2018, 01:54:32 AM
I received an email from MyEtherWallet to claim some tokens of an airdrop I joined. Hovering my mouse over the link,  I discovered it's a link to another cgi scripted site.

I received a lot of email even though I didn't share my email to those company who send the emails. Please all be carefull to click link in that email.
Activity: 546
Merit: 250
February 27, 2018, 01:26:23 AM

I just heard it, you must check and check again. it seems that I suspect it will lead to theft or fraud. like phishing.
Activity: 264
Merit: 101
February 27, 2018, 01:14:38 AM

could you please share us the content of their massage? it seem the scammer group send some emails for empty peoples wallets. I think scammer group try to robb people moneies
Activity: 273
Merit: 10
February 27, 2018, 01:13:31 AM
Recently, more and more scammers. Be vigilant, do not follow links, do not download files from the Internet. Keep all the access codes on the USB flash drives
Activity: 392
Merit: 103
February 27, 2018, 01:03:21 AM
Be careful with that my friend. Myetherwallet never sent a email on here client. Many scammer are using email other are use in telegram , facebook and twitter to scam people. And so for sure profit secured contact the admin of myetherwallet.
Activity: 686
Merit: 250
February 27, 2018, 12:31:40 AM
It’s just another phishing scam. Never click on an url you receive through email. Always directly visit them through your browser or better bookmark your regularly visited exchanges or web wallets.
Activity: 264
Merit: 101
February 26, 2018, 11:39:36 PM
I received an email from MyEtherWallet to claim some tokens of an airdrop I joined. Hovering my mouse over the link,  I discovered it's a link to another cgi scripted site.

it is clear scamming program, because MYETHERWALLET never use emails to connect with people. be aware and do not open and response these massages.
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
February 26, 2018, 11:22:29 PM

how suspicious isnt? MEW doenst need any email upon registering a new one wallet. so how it be MEW email you to claim tokens from an airdrop you joined, obviously its a script to get you hacked if you do. any ways it is a warning for those who doesnt know that MEW doesnt need any email address upon registering and if other receive an email from nowhere its a totally suspicious one.
Activity: 336
Merit: 106
February 26, 2018, 11:14:39 PM
Many scammers are scattered, especially those who say they are giving tokens. I know that myetherwallet does not give a token so we'll be careful because when you click the link you'll be taken to the site that will ask your private key where they will get all the tokens.

#Datarius
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
February 26, 2018, 10:57:31 PM
is that possible ?
Activity: 798
Merit: 17
2023 would most likely be as bearish as 2022
February 26, 2018, 10:34:09 PM

thanks for the information. yes normally bittrex , poloniex, myetherwallet,cex websites do not send any email to people. because they have their own reputation and as well as they have large customer base.
Activity: 826
Merit: 260
February 26, 2018, 10:31:01 PM
It is scam,
Myetherwallet never send email or notification by email, if u received email just ignore it and never open mew it from the email link., 
You must bookmark link mew in your browser, or use metamask.
Activity: 616
Merit: 102
February 26, 2018, 10:19:08 PM
Yeah we need to be vigilant with this kind of trap.
Myetherewallet website clearly states that

"MyEtherWallet is a free, open-source, client-side interface.
We allow you to interact directly with the blockchain while remaining in full control of your keys & your funds.
You and only you are responsible for your security."

I have not experienced that kind of situation but I only had experienced with some kind of pop-up trap in my PC that states "Virus detected, Your bank account has been compromised you need to call us XXX-XXXX and soon"
It's hard to believe because I had never logged-in my bank acc to my PC.
Activity: 132
Merit: 0
February 26, 2018, 10:15:42 PM

yup another day another scam!!!
Activity: 644
Merit: 261
February 26, 2018, 10:13:51 PM
You just have to remember that you didn't give any e-mail address when you created your wallet in MEW so why should they e-mail you about an airdrop. It is an obvious scam but unfortunately, there are still many people who would fall for this scam in an excitement to receive an airdrop. One thing I learned in crypto world is to always check the senders address and link and if any of it is from MEW or Etherdelta then it would just be a scam. I read about it here in the forum and I want to warn every one to never entertain any e-mail coming from them supposedly and just delete it.

I would just like to add that sometimes, you'll receive an e-mail from an exchange saying you need to log-in because of some reason. You should not click the link given to you because most likely that is a phishing site. Always check the senders address if it is really from the exchange.
Pages:
Jump to: