Pages:
Author

Topic: "I saw my salary on a bottle of perfume today" - page 10. (Read 1145 times)

Activity: 2884
Merit: 620
Financial freedom's description varies per person. Someone might say that it's financial freedom when they can eat everything they want and don't have to be problematic with their bills.

The others could say that it is all about having all the material things that they never have. And the rest will just say it's all about having like lots of money that you can't imagine.

What I've learned from the others about being financially free is that, they can do everything and they all have the time to do things that they want to do while earning passively.
Activity: 238
Merit: 161
The great city of God 🔥
Yeah, you heard me right. Today I was scrolling through some Instagram Reels and I saw a video of a person saying this. I'm still confused. Should I laugh or should I feel sorry for that person? So here's how the whole video goes. The man said and I quote" I saw my salary on a bottle of perfume today. So you are saying that someone out there smells like my salary."
It's kind of funny but also sad at the same time. Where have we come today? There are people trying to live a normal life with what little amount they earn. And there are people using the same amount of money just to smell good.

Such is life. It has always been like that wright from the oncept. There is a difference between the rich and the poor. The rich will always go for expensive things which the poor can not afford. I think that's the way they can show or express the use of their money. Every body have class and desire, it does not necessarily mean you must buy what is equivalent to your salary. You shoygo for what you can afford. Rather than putting yourself to emotional jopady.

I bring up this to talk about financial freedom. What is financial freedom to you? Is it about having a certain amount of money that is required to have financial freedom or to have an amount of money which can potentially give you freedom in the future?

To me financial freedom is when you have extablish yourself financially. By setting up various business that would be generating fund from time to time. Which could be durable for a long time, because short time investment does not guarantee financial freedom.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 366
Yeah, you heard me right. Today I was scrolling through some Instagram Reels and I saw a video of a person saying this. I'm still confused. Should I laugh or should I feel sorry for that person? So here's how the whole video goes. The man said and I quote" I saw my salary on a bottle of perfume today. So you are saying that someone out there smells like my salary."
It's kind of funny but also sad at the same time. Where have we come today? There are people trying to live a normal life with what little amount they earn. And there are people using the same amount of money just to smell good.

I bring up this to talk about financial freedom. What is financial freedom to you? Is it about having a certain amount of money that is required to have financial freedom or to have an amount of money which can potentially give you freedom in the future?

To me, I will choose the second one. If I am happy with what I have and I am certain that it will continue to help me in the future too, then I have successfully achieved financial freedom. But most people these days are caught up with the thought of using luxurious thing and being able to continuously use it is financial freedom to them.

Do you agree or disagree to this? Let me know your thoughts.

[Just for context, I am not talking about holding money. I am talking about investments that could give me passive income that will continue to come in the future and give me financial freedom. As long as I can survive with that amount of money and not worry about the future, then it is financial freedom to me.]
Pages:
Jump to: