Pages:
Author

Topic: I sold everything at $158/159 this morning - page 14. (Read 20737 times)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
lucky you, enjoy the $
Activity: 23
well, it happend even faster than i thought.

sold 50% at 220 and the rest ... will see.

nice game thou  Grin
Activity: 1288
Merit: 524
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
speculation is my thing, not investment.

at least I had the cahones to talk my book and reasons before the fact, not after the fact.

for example if this rebounds to $200 tomorrow, you won't hear me say "oh yeah I bought in at $107 suckers" - because clearly I said my order is at $35.

And I still believe that is the right buy point to risk a re-entry.

that may change if for example bitcoin stays at a certain price for weeks.

If I don't get filled at $35 so be it.

Again good luck to all, and I hope at least some of you cashed in at higher and will now buy lower.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250

i'm gonna sell 80% if it's reaches 290$/1bt and i'm more than happy with what i got from this

good luck

You, sir, made my day.   Smiley

The only way to make money out of a bubble is keeping your eyes locked to the screen. Otherwise, as soon as it seems to have gone crazy, realize it IS crazy, and SELL.

I was almost convinced it would pass 1000$, by the way, after it passed 100$. After all, it rose to 33$ from mere cents in 2011. But as soon as I saw the rise yesterday and today morning, I had the clear feeling it was coming to an end (although, to be honest, I still expected it to last a day or two more).
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Hindsight is 20/20.. but you should have at least given it a day before you went on your rant.  I doubt you will ever see your $27 buy order filled.  This isn't the same as a commodity exactly..Bitcoin also gains some of its value as it becomes more and more 'monetized' As it becomes more and more accepted as a payment method. I want to see a happy place stable price myself so it can function as a currency.  This time tomorrow we may see it above $200 again..who knows.  If you trade commodities, you also know that such a huge downward swing also corrects upwards. I still think holding them for the long haul will pay off big if investment is your thing.
Activity: 298

I thought it was all getting a bit toppy, so sold out entirely yesterday about $220. I then watch with some regret as it climbed into the $260s today, but I really felt the rate of climb in the last 24/48hrs singled an unsustainable acceleration and today it seems I was right.

Obviously the trigger today was another DDOS rather than a re-evaluation of the bitcoin eco-system, but it proves how much the price is driven by short-term speculation.

I bought back in fully in the last hour and now have nearly double the number of coins I had 2 days ago. Where its going now in the short-term, no idea, but I'm to roll the dice going forward with twice the chips on the table....
Activity: 56
You will never get the top but its quite obvious when a bubble is forming. OP sold at 158, I sold most my bitcoins at 190, wish I could have gotten more but in light of things I'm relieved I sold.
It is impossible to precisely time tops and bottoms.

It is possible to book profits.
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
well this stupid "grandpa" soy trader doesn't look so dumb now?

bitcoin is no different to any currency or commodity from a trading perspective. But don't listen to the veteran traders.

Well you sold everything at 158 when you could have got 258 or more 48hrs later.  Undecided
well this stupid "grandpa" soy trader doesn't look so dumb now?

bitcoin is no different to any currency or commodity from a trading perspective. But don't listen to the veteran traders.

Activity: 209
Merit: 100
Having the characteristics of a bubble and being a bubble are different things.  One can never know it is a bubble until it pops. 

The price is driven by demand.  Whether that demand comes from speculation or desire to hold what is fast becoming a recognized alternative global currency one cannot tell.  It is probably a combination of both.  And that is not a bad thing. 

Eventually the cost of goods and services denominated in BTC will stop falling so rapidly.  That will be necessary for BTC to become a true alternate currency.  But that does not necessarily mean that the bubble will pop, and the cost of goods and services denominated in BTC will rise just as rapidly as they fell.
Activity: 359
You really should have waited another day worth $240+ now XD
I dont see bitcoin returning to double digits anytime soon.
Activity: 114
Merit: 100
Noooo.
Do not be so bad to OP and few of his followers.
They did what they thought was right thing at right moment.
They cashed all of their 3.2045871 BTC.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1002
And I will add my own 2 cents:  it is now up to $236.

The reason I do this, is because the OP was such a self-important dick about his cash-out.  Cashing out is great - I intend to cash out on a portion of my BTC eventually, or maybe even pretty soon (I need to buy a car and and could pay entirely in cash if I cashed out 100% today).  But I won't cash out 100% - 50% would be ideal, as I do believe in the fundamentals BTC long-term, but I have to balance the fact that I'm moving to LA from NYC and so need to buy an automobile.  So I'm gonna' ride it for a little while longer, and I'm not going to couple my cash-out with a snarky post about how everyone still holding is a bunch of suckers.
He probably had no holdings to cash out, another sour-grapes loser trying hoping his post would coincide with a downturn so he could continue making self-righteous posts.

We had a few of these idiots back when the price was sliding from 14 to 2. They predicted utter disaster when the price went to 3 and then 4. Anytime the price went down a few cents they'd post crap like "I tried to warn you, but you were too dumb to listen!"

The best thing to do with these dummies is ignore them immediately. There's no point trying to communicate with them.
Activity: 493
Merit: 500
i am new to bitcoin confused whether to buy at this price or wait on top of that securing bitcoin is really hard.

If your not sure then dont buy - at least you stabilize the price a bit because it will not go bit higher as it would after your buy. Good for you - good for me - everybody happy
Activity: 13

For OP's convenience, I have tallied some thread highlights:

i guess that's why you're on the newbies board
How do you feel today, my friend? It's just one day after your OP and exchange rate is already at $178.
OP sold too soon.
Just passed $180 today (i.e the day after OP sold)
$1000 BTC this year? Starting to look more likely than not Cheesy
btc now trading for $184, I guess if the OP knew what he was talking about he should have sold out now or even later.
it hit $200 today
Nice job??.. It's $215 two days later. The guy has just been rammed hard up his jaxie!

And I will add my own 2 cents:  it is now up to $236.

The reason I do this, is because the OP was such a self-important dick about his cash-out.  Cashing out is great - I intend to cash out on a portion of my BTC eventually, or maybe even pretty soon (I need to buy a car and and could pay entirely in cash if I cashed out 100% today).  But I won't cash out 100% - 50% would be ideal, as I do believe in the fundamentals BTC long-term, but I have to balance the fact that I'm moving to LA from NYC and so need to buy an automobile.  So I'm gonna' ride it for a little while longer, and I'm not going to couple my cash-out with a snarky post about how everyone still holding is a bunch of suckers.
Activity: 11
i am new to bitcoin confused whether to buy at this price or wait on top of that securing bitcoin is really hard.

It depends on your intentions and perception of BTC future value. If you think it has a chance of reaching $1,000-$100,000, you could consider taking your chances.

thanks for reply.although it has potential but end of the day it is still virtual not tangible.
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531
yes

It depends on your intentions and perception of BTC future value. If you think it has a chance of reaching $1,000-$100,000, you could consider taking your chances.
Activity: 11
Activity: 23

You may consider this:

If it reaches 290, sell 40%
If it reaches 350, sell 20% of your current holding
After that sell 10% on each 10% rise upto your 80%
hope you hit it right   Smiley

Kev

i'll keep that in mind, thanks

i don't know whats gonna happen if N Koreea attacks Japan these days (as they say) and how that's gonna affect BT.

Pages:
Jump to: