Pages:
Author

Topic: I sold everything at $158/159 this morning - page 15. (Read 20737 times)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0
don't think it's gonna reach 1.000$

gotta see why it's moving up right now, and just because the media. more exposure, more people wanna buy to get rich overnight.
what happens when "those people" can't afford to buy anymore?

it's one thing to buy at a price betwen 100-300$  and another thing to buy above 300$ ... it's just becomming to expensive.

and when the big mass of people wont buy anymore , what will happen? it's gonna stall (the top of the bubble).  and i got a felling that it's gonna be a god damn steep fall.  

i'm gonna sell 80% if it's reaches 290$/1bt and i'm more than happy with what i got from this

good luck

while taking profits is perfectly fine... think that the market is only 2.5 billion....
That's SOOO SMALL and the uptrend potential of bitcoin is soo huge.
did you see google trends? where most of the "search request" are coming from? Russia!
wait until the mob start using bitcoin fully and wait for the rest of the world to catch up and bitcoin will be at 1000 EASILY!!!

Exactly. $2.5billion is *nothing* for a global currency.... I mean ***anonymous cash for the internet*** that market is staggeringly big.

Well, bitcoin isn't exactly cashlike-anonymous.

Don't get me wrong, I love bitcoin - almost platonically so, but blockchain's meticulous recordkeeping just begs for a coordinated data-mining effort.
Activity: 228
Merit: 100
This is not good for my Chi... Yifu

gotta see why it's moving up right now, and just because the media. more exposure, more people wanna buy to get rich overnight.

it's one thing to buy at a price betwen 100-300$  and another thing to buy above 300$ ... it's just becomming to expensive.

and when the big mass of people wont buy anymore , what will happen? it's gonna stall (the top of the bubble).  and i got a felling that it's gonna be a god damn steep fall.  

i'm gonna sell 80% if it's reaches 290$/1bt and i'm more than happy with what i got from this

good luck

You may consider this:

If it reaches 290, sell 40%
If it reaches 350, sell 20% of your current holding
After that sell 10% on each 10% rise upto your 80%
hope you hit it right   Smiley

Kev
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531
yes
Just wait until Bitcoin is still there after 18 months from now, unpacked and alive, so that the masses start to consider it safe. One word: MASSIVE.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Why would anyone use a BTCif it's worth $1000 and expected to go up?

Just like how people with gold say they can sell/trade gold when times get tough, I hear BTC enthusiasts with similar responses. Gold is so high partially because the dollar it is pegged up against is so low. If it came down to trading gold for bread/food/water, how much do you think you'd really get for a little coin if there is no global marketplace to regulate price? If BTC are $1,000 a pop, and if you're looking to really buy something with these coins I have two questions: Why would you spend your coins if there is a mass expectation of more value in the future? and are we really going to shave off parts of a BTC to pay for this stuff?

I've been around BTC since they were in the $4-5 range. Now I  wake up and see $235. With an increased price, we'll have to keep an eye on extra decimals because now those fractions of a BTC have more "value".

If all of your BTC is on paper or the internet, how would you use them if there is no power? How would an EMP bomb, let's say as a result of a new war, affect BTCmining/trading/use? How feasible is it that this currency will claim and even maintain a strong position in the global economy, and by a strong position I don't mean a bunch of nerds having nerdgasms over a speculative marketplace...I mean where it is accepted for payments in many of the major countries and where people know what I'm talking about without having to send links and/or paragraphs explaining it.

Any response will be appreciated. Thanks

i hold metals, survival gears, rifles, ammo, and most importantly, survival skill and martial arts abilities.  I will spend those if need be.
legendary
Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

Just like how people with gold say they can sell/trade gold when times get tough, I hear BTC enthusiasts with similar responses. Gold is so high partially because the dollar it is pegged up against is so low. If it came down to trading gold for bread/food/water, how much do you think you'd really get for a little coin if there is no global marketplace to regulate price? If BTC are $1,000 a pop, and if you're looking to really buy something with these coins I have two questions: Why would you spend your coins if there is a mass expectation of more value in the future? and are we really going to shave off parts of a BTC to pay for this stuff?

I've been around BTC since they were in the $4-5 range. Now I  wake up and see $235. With an increased price, we'll have to keep an eye on extra decimals because now those fractions of a BTC have more "value".

If all of your BTC is on paper or the internet, how would you use them if there is no power? How would an EMP bomb, let's say as a result of a new war, affect BTCmining/trading/use? How feasible is it that this currency will claim and even maintain a strong position in the global economy, and by a strong position I don't mean a bunch of nerds having nerdgasms over a speculative marketplace...I mean where it is accepted for payments in many of the major countries and where people know what I'm talking about without having to send links and/or paragraphs explaining it.

If there ever is an EMP that will wipe out the internet for a very long time, bitcoins will be the least of your problems.
Activity: 10

Activity: 784
Merit: 502

good luck

while taking profits is perfectly fine... think that the market is only 2.5 billion....
did you see google trends? where most of the "search request" are coming from? Russia!
wait until the mob start using bitcoin fully and wait for the rest of the world to catch up and bitcoin will be at 1000 EASILY!!!

Exactly. $2.5billion is *nothing* for a global currency.... I mean ***anonymous cash for the internet*** that market is staggeringly big.
copper member
Activity: 1428
Merit: 253
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

good luck

legendary
Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

good luck

Most of the big money in the world has hardly touched the bitcoin market.
Sell 20%  keep the 80.
Activity: 23

good luck
Activity: 784
Merit: 502
I hope you bought gold!

Bitcoin is better then gold! It dragged gold in to an alley and beat it unconscious and left it for dead.

ORE
Activity: 12
Activity: 57
In it for the long run, bitcoins will be worth either thousands or zero.
or somewhere in between...
Activity: 280
Nice hope you made the right choice.
Activity: 560
In it for the long run, bitcoins will be worth either thousands or zero.
Activity: 671
Merit: 500
I hope you bought gold!
Activity: 14
Is it known, how much bitcoins are in play and how much are actually moving? That would be interesting.

Yes it is: http://www.bitcoincharts.com/ .

It is around 10% then, which is moving? I took the total output volume as indicator for moving. But I haven't a clue, if this is a correct metric.
Activity: 7
Is it known, how much bitcoins are in play and how much are actually moving? That would be interesting.

Yes it is: http://www.bitcoincharts.com/ .
Activity: 14
I think the question: What are the underlying reasons bitcoin is expanding?

I think the following reasons are possibly pushing the value:

• Bitcoin is exposed in the media. There are more people buying bitcoins.
  • Economies around the world are falling apart. People search a new safe haven.
  • People invested in bitcoins through mining rigs. These people are holding their bitcoins, creating scarcity.
  • Because of the hype people keep buying bitcoins, pushing the price.

The first two reasons would be good, if bitcoins can be used at more places. The economy of bitcoin is growing and if people can actually use them for payments then there is less reason to sell them. They won't mass sell the bitcoins, because with a bitcoin you can actually buy something. (Besides drugs)

Bitcoins can also be used as local currency. Then people won't start selling them either.

The last two reasons means people do not want to sell the bitcoins yet. That would be bad, because if they sell, they would do it en mass.
It is quite exciting. I kept some and sold some, so I can bet on two horses. That seemed the most sane.

I actually don't believe the normal person would jump in now. So it seems the bad reasons are more probable.

Activity: 13
220$. Oo.

I guess the sky is the limit.

Bought some at 115$, thought I was too late. But... ^^
Pages:
Jump to: