Pages:
Author

Topic: I sold everything at $158/159 this morning - page 16. (Read 20737 times)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0
This is a tough game. I lost it by selling at $180. OTOH it's better to have than not have - I've lost a lot more on traditional stock exchange...

When will it burst?
Activity: 17
This is a tough game. I lost it by selling at $180. OTOH it's better to have than not have - I've lost a lot more on traditional stock exchange...
Activity: 22
price will stop rising when gox verified queue shrinks

Here is someone with a brain! Smiley

Is there a place we can see the current queue for gox verification?  When I did it 4 weeks ago, I started at something like 2000.  But I've heard it gotten as high as 8000.  Any place we can see what the current queue is?  Save for making a new account of course.
Activity: 784
Merit: 502
Nice job! Take the cash and run!

Nice job??.. It's $215 two days later. The guy has just been rammed hard up his jaxie!
copper member
Activity: 1428
Merit: 253
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
Activity: 7
it hit $200 today
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Mine hard!
Nice job! Take the cash and run!
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
How can everyone be sure it will rise to $500/BTC-$5000/BTC? These are just random numbers people think of. Where's the research to back those projections? If you're long, you're long. Plain and simple. Everyone's getting on the OP's case because the price of BTC has gone up since he posted a sell post. How could anyone have predicted whether or not it would have gone up or down $10-20 that day? Everyone seems like trolls the way they blindly support a long position on BTC. BTC will never reach $5,000USD and if it does it'll be a result of a professional pump-and-dump done by big banks and governments.

BTC isn't tamper-proof. What would happen if i placed a buy order for as many BTC as possible? The price would increase due to a greater demand. What if I sold all the BTC I just bought after making a small profit? Could that create a panic-sell across the boards? How confident would everyone here be if the market crashed down to $25 a coin? Everyone buying now and expecting a price of $1,000 in a few months will be slaughtered and forced to realize a dramatic loss.

The wolves of the world will fleece the sheep trying to roam the same pasture.

I think it mostly depends on the amount of things you'll be able to buy with bitcoin. If demand goes really up it's possible that the price will be MUCH higher than today because there is a limited amount of BTC that can be produced. I can imagine price going to +1k or even +10k.
BCB
vip
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
BCJ
Two Words OP

O U C H!
Activity: 250
Merit: 250

good luck to all the future bitcoin millionaires :-)

I think you are the one who is going to need the luck (a flash crash or something) to get a fill at $35..

The trend is your our friend  Grin
Activity: 32
Or $0 one of the two.
cly
Activity: 26
How can everyone be sure it will rise to $500/BTC-$5000/BTC? These are just random numbers people think of. Where's the research to back those projections?

So far all of this are just pure speculations right now..

I agree with the article linked above.

By 70 trillion USD/year World market, Bitcoin would be somewhere between 1 Mio and 10 Mio USD.

I do not believe in a 100%...so 1% makes 10k USD...

Also i do not believe it takes more than a year to hit 1-5k USD - so looking forward.

Money is about belief - and the belief is strong here.
b!z
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010
See you at $2000.
Activity: 5
EDIT: I take no responsiblity for any actions anyone takes from my advice, this is just my opinion.

You're lucky you put that in. I was just about to call my lawyer.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000
When Bitcoin hits 1K (few months to one year most likely), I think the OP is going to have a meltdown.

OP: go to BTC-e and buy some cheap BTC before you regret it!

EDIT: I take no responsiblity for any actions anyone takes from my advice, this is just my opinion.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1019
Be A Digital Miner
Since the OP is NOT a good trader and probably never will be, I will give him a joke about a great trader.

T Boone Pickens was out for a walk in DC and bumped into Obama who was having a smoke and walking a dog.  T Boone said, "Mr. President that is a nice looking dog you got there".   Obama replied "Thanks his name is Bo, I got him for Michelle".   T Boone quickly replied "GOOD TRADE" and walked on.
Activity: 561
Merit: 500
How can everyone be sure it will rise to $500/BTC-$5000/BTC? These are just random numbers people think of. Where's the research to back those projections? If you're long, you're long. Plain and simple. Everyone's getting on the OP's case because the price of BTC has gone up since he posted a sell post. How could anyone have predicted whether or not it would have gone up or down $10-20 that day? Everyone seems like trolls the way they blindly support a long position on BTC. BTC will never reach $5,000USD and if it does it'll be a result of a professional pump-and-dump done by big banks and governments.

BTC isn't tamper-proof. What would happen if i placed a buy order for as many BTC as possible? The price would increase due to a greater demand. What if I sold all the BTC I just bought after making a small profit? Could that create a panic-sell across the boards? How confident would everyone here be if the market crashed down to $25 a coin? Everyone buying now and expecting a price of $1,000 in a few months will be slaughtered and forced to realize a dramatic loss.

The wolves of the world will fleece the sheep trying to roam the same pasture.

Everyone's ragging on the OP because he sets himself up as an expert who knows better because he's been trading commodities for 15 years.

NEWSFLASH: BITCOINS ARE NOT THE SAME AS SOYBEANS.
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
what a bummer.  gotta hold strong!
Pages:
Jump to: