Pages:
Author

Topic: I was interviewed about Bitcoin on more than 100 Radio stations! ~100K Listeners - page 3. (Read 10868 times)

legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
here's my favorite:

Roger:  "If you Love Liberty, you should Love Bitcoin."

THAT should become the new Bitcoin Slogan.

If You Love Liberty ~ You'll Love Bitcoin
legendary
Once again, Roger, an excellent interview. It was/is(now) an excellent listening pleasure. You and the host provided an smooth discussion on Bitcoin, albeit I found some of the caller's questions/comments, should I say, lame.

May I offer up a bit of advice on your YouTube video, without being called out as being hypercritical? First the title. Bitcoin Interview On Free Talk Live seems to me more professional looking/reading. Next, the tags. The tags on YouTube, just like with Etsy and other sites, is how some of the search results are generated. Bitcoin, as well on Free Talk Live and the host names, should be included. Others to consider are Fiat; Currency; Cyber-Currency; etc.,--the usual suspects. As the tags stand now, you'll get the same amount of hits as if you didn't include any tags.

I hope you accept my comments as they were intended.

Sincerely, Bruno
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
They imply at the start that you have a business relationship with FTL.  That may undermine the credibility of the interview, if it really gets legs.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
here's my favorite:

Roger:  "If you Love Liberty, you should Love Bitcoin."

THAT should become the new Bitcoin Slogan.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1001
Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data
Forgive me, but why is it ok to talk about all kinds of illegal drugs on the radio but you get kicked as soon as you say "the f-word". Anybody care to explain that to a puzzled European Huh
Activity: 305
Merit: 250
Crypto X Change
Roger,

that was beautiful. Cheesy

no memorized pithy phrases.  no stumbling, no hesitation.  clear logical thought with an excellent understanding of the underlying technology and its benefits.  the right balance btwn optimism and reality. 

you are also unique in that you are a proven businessman with a solid business who's going to be successful with or without Bitcoin.  you have no hidden agenda except a philosophical support for a new, fair, and revolutionary monetary system.

seriously Roger, the community needs you to step up and become the new spokesperson. 

cypherdoc

Totally Agree!
legendary
Activity: 1764
Roger,

that was beautiful. Cheesy

no memorized pithy phrases.  no stumbling, no hesitation.  clear logical thought with an excellent understanding of the underlying technology and its benefits.  the right balance btwn optimism and reality. 

you are also unique in that you are a proven businessman with a solid business who's going to be successful with or without Bitcoin.  you have no hidden agenda except a philosophical support for a new, fair, and revolutionary monetary system.

seriously Roger, the community needs you to step up and become the new spokesperson. 

cypherdoc
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
The full interview is now online at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZAFGRrp_kc

It was heard live by around 100,000 people.

I would not have had the knowledge to give this interview if it wasn't for all the great users on this forum.
Thank you all for your help!

Bitcoins are going to change the world!

Beautiful, I'm listening to the full thing now while I work. I very much like the 'down to earth' and straight forward nature of your answers.

All the hype of some past interviewees was disturbing. ;p
vip
Activity: 1052
Merit: 1155
The full interview is now online at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZAFGRrp_kc

It was heard live by around 100,000 people.

I would not have had the knowledge to give this interview if it wasn't for all the great users on this forum.
Thank you all for your help!

Bitcoins are going to change the world!
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1001
Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data
I think you did a fantastic job, Roger. Thanks for the great work.
+1
Great interview - I especially liked the part with "you can't point a gun at the rules of mathematics" Smiley
Activity: 700
Merit: 501
The host of the show told me that likely, around 100,000 people heard the show!

I will be posting the interview on youtube shortly.

I think you did a fantastic job, Roger. Thanks for the great work.
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276
Listened to it.  Nicely done Roger.
vip
Activity: 1052
Merit: 1155
The host of the show told me that likely, around 100,000 people heard the show!

I will be posting the interview on youtube shortly.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021
Democracy is the original 51% attack
Yeah was really great interview... Roger was on for like over an hour!  Tons of callers on the topic, I think it was a hit. Honestly it's the perfect demographic.
Activity: 931
Merit: 500
excerpts:

Interviewer:

"That's why they have an entire force of armed man to go after you if you try to do that. It's the U.S. government system for handle counterfeiting."

"But Bitcoin doesn't have a group of armed man."

"How Bitcoin handle counterfeiting?"

Roger:

"Bitcoins are protected by the rules of mathematics."

"If you point a gun at the rules of mathematics they are not gonna flinch. They don't care if you are pointing a gun at them or not."

Nice interview.

more:

Roger:

"I just think that it's gonna help set the world free. It's gonna let people have control over their own money."

"And that's what people are so upset about, with all the bailouts in the USA. The only reason that was able to happen it's because the government can print as much money as they want and do whatever they want. If the world was using Bitcoins, the bailouts would have been impossible. They can't take your bitcoins, they can't make fake bitcoins, they can't give imaginary bitcoins to someone else."

Interviewer:

"It's true decentralization of the money suply."

"It doesn't require anything central. There's no Bitcoin Head Office. There's no Bitcoin Corporation. There's no vault for the Feds to go and raid. There's no server farm for them to take offline. It's COMPLETELY untouchable by the federal government or ANY government."

Roger:

"You have 100% control over your own money."

sorry for any typo, one more excerpt:

Listener:

"Hi, I just tunned in. I was wondering: what backs up Bitcoins? What makes Bitcoin worth money?"

Roger:

"Basically, because people agree that they worth money and they are incredible useful as a currency. You can send them anywhere in the world instantly without anyone getting involved."
legendary
Activity: 1904
Nice job, great interview!
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000
Congratulations! You've done a great job.
legendary
Since MemoryDealers' interview is tomorrow, let's use the rest of today to critique his 7 talking points and 7 reasons for adaptation. Having them numbered would make them easy to do such. Simply state which numbered bullet point should not be mentioned and which one should be more focused upon. Any suggestions we offer up should also be numbered--8; 9; 10; etc.--for easier referencing. MemoryDealers should stay on this thread most of today so that tomorrow he'll be less prone to trip over himself during the interview. I further suggest, MD, getting plenty of rest tonight so that you're fresh in the morning, therefore state what you're cutoff time for calling it a night.

I post this because this could be to much of an opportunity for Bitcoin to get it effed-up. We (this community) should devote as much time on this today to help MD with his request for input. This may be the only post I'll offer up on this tread today, for I've be to busy in the field and I'm not as bright as some of you other folks here to aid in his TP request, short of short positive/directional asides.

That said, good luck with the interview tomorrow, MD.

For those not able to listen to it live, I hope there's a link to the recording of it somewhere. I'd love to here it.

Bruno

Stupid me! I thought it was 7AM, hence the bold above.

Listening to it down.

EDIT: Just heard that you're in Japan, therefore my advice was correct.

So far, excellent interview.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
Defiantly, let us know how it went!

I can't wait to see the youtube video, i was only able to catch the last few mins.

they appear to have archived the show... but it doesn't work for me http://www.freetalklive.com/content/podcast_2011_11_19
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
Defiantly, let us know how it went!
Pages:
Jump to: