Pages:
Author

Topic: I was interviewed about Bitcoin on more than 100 Radio stations! ~100K Listeners - page 8. (Read 10868 times)

Activity: 568
Merit: 500
I think this is a great list, and it's so important to get these benefits out there to people in lay terms without any of the "how it works" and technocrypto stuff getting in the way.

It might be nice to mention that you can cross borders with $100k in coins tucked away in a hidden partition on a memory stick -- or even just as a minified private key written in ballpoint ink on a part of your body they won't search. It's always been easy for politicians with private jets to take a suitcase full of cash to Switzerland or the Bahamas, but the average passenger will get questioned for bringing more than $1000 in cash even on a domestic flight, and no one can travel with more than $10k internationally without declaring it.
vip
Activity: 1052
Merit: 1105
nice!

They allow ...

who is "they" ? it sounds a little bit as if Bitcoin was an organisation

"They" is referring to Bitcoins themselves.
legendary
Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353
nice!

They allow ...

who is "they" ? it sounds a little bit as if Bitcoin was an organisation
vip
Activity: 1052
Merit: 1105
------------------------UPDATE NOV 19th-----------------------
The full interview is now online at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZAFGRrp_kc

It was heard live by around 100,000 people.

I would not have had the knowledge to give this interview if it wasn't for all the great users on this forum.
Thank you all for your help!

A good next step for everyone is to visit www.freetalklive.com, take a look at their sponsors on the right hand side of the page,  see if any of them have something you want to buy,  and contact them to see if they will accept Bitcoins as payment.
If they agree,  please be sure to actually purchase the item from them.  This is a great way to get more shops to accept Bitcoin.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

On Saturday Nov 19th 2011,  at 7PM Eastern,
I will be interviewed about Bitcoin on www.freetalklive.com

It will air on more than 100 radio stations across the USA.
Station list here: http://www.freetalklive.com/affiliates

The show's audience is mainly libertarian, voluntarist, anti-war,  free market advocate types,  so I will need to emphasize the aspects of bitcoin that will appeal to them the most.

My current list of talking points for this group is:

1.  They allow anyone to have a "bank" account that CAN NOT be seized by the IRS.
2. If you are careful,  the IRS can't even know how much money you have in your account,  or that you even have an account at all!
3. They allow you to do business with whoever you want,  anywhere in the world, with complete privacy.
4. No one can block or seize your payments,  in fact,  you can even make your payments secret from everyone else in the world.
5. If you set it up properly,  no one can even track how much money you have earned, so potentially, you could report as much, or as little of it as you choose.
6. Bitcoins can not be counterfeited or inflated.  
7. They will end the government's control of the money supply.

In effect,  they will make paying most taxes voluntary. (in fact,  not necessarily in law)
If most taxes are voluntary,  and the money supply can not be inflated,  the government won't be able to fund its wars. (and other stupid things)
I suspect wars will be greatly reduced, if not eliminated if a Bitcoin like currency becomes used world wide..

The reasons it should be adopted by businesses are:

1.  There are no 3rd party fees.
2. There are no chargebacks or fraudulent orders.
3. There is no risk of identity theft.
4. Payments can not be blocked or controlled.
5. It can be used world wide,  with no need for currency exchange.
6. Anyone can accept Bitcoin payments in a matter of minutes.
7.  As a business owner, I know how incredibly happy I would be if all my customers paid with a form of money with the above properties.

Neat things you can do with Bitcoins:

Get a prepaid Mastercard that can be reloaded with Bitcoins any time through OKPAY.COM
Donate to Wikileaks.
Play poker online for money despite the government's prohibition.
Buy other prohibited items online.  (Silkroad etc)

Please let me know what other things I should mention durring the interview.
What do you think I should say to catch people's attention?

Any input, thoughts, criticism, or other ideas are welcome.

Pages:
Jump to: