Pages:
Author

Topic: ICBIT Derivatives Market (USD/BTC futures trading) - LIVE - page 6. (Read 97654 times)

Activity: 674
Merit: 500
Is it possible to download a list of all transactions made on our account in a programmatic fashion? Full history access in a programmatic way, including time of trade or settlement, price, size, fee paid, etc.

This is a requirement for us to deploy an algo on your system.

Yes, I will make this available soon, and update the reference implementation in C# to show how to use these commands.
Activity: 609
Merit: 505
Is it possible to download a list of all transactions made on our account in a programmatic fashion? Full history access in a programmatic way, including time of trade or settlement, price, size, fee paid, etc.

This is a requirement for us to deploy an algo on your system.
Nice article on The Genesis Block explaining how to use difficulty futures contract.
Good news for those who are interested in algo trading.

I just put up an initial reference implementation of our trading bot written in C# on GitHub. Fully open source code.

It's not a final version, it's rather work-in-progress, but as we want collaboration with the community (it is made for community in the first place), it's better to "release early, release often".

What's there already:
- Trading library for ICBIT API. Async, event-driven, small code. Receives and handles most of the message types. Keeps dictionary of all tradable assets. Keeps local copy of orders and balances. Creates and cancels orders on futures and exchange markets.
- Third party library for MtGox Streaming API is included. This is needed for those who wish to do automated arbitrage between exchanges (e.g., futures/spot arbitrage between ICBIT and MtGox).
- WebSocket library is included, which implements everything necessary to connect to ICBIT and MtGox Streaming API.
- fastJSON library for parsing JSON objects very fast.

What's planned:
- Improve create order algo (add up event based model, handle server's reply, assign unique user token id to track the order from the moment of submitting the create order request)
- Implement trading history retrieving
- Implement some basic trading strategy - e.g. EMA-based one
- Many other things

Please let me know your feedback. Also, if you wish to improve something, we highly appreciate collaboration and would motivate your contribution with a BTC reward.
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
Fireball, any comment on whether we will have a change of reference exchange for final settlement? I guess Gox is still in the lead for August and probably September, but it's conceivable that Bitstamp could take over as the benchmark in the coming months.
well on the page it say the bigger exchange by volume so just click this link from time to time http://bitcoinity.org/markets/list?currency=ALL&span=30d

bitcoincharts is more trustable in my opinion, but anyway, even bitcoinity shows that Gox still leads the volume. This situation may significantly change in the coming months.
[/quote]
Understood; what can we expect from you as far as guidance in case that situation arises? What data source will you look at, will you announce a change, etc? That is more what I'm asking.
Fireball, any comment on whether we will have a change of reference exchange for final settlement? I guess Gox is still in the lead for August and probably September, but it's conceivable that Bitstamp could take over as the benchmark in the coming months.
well on the page it say the bigger exchange by volume so just click this link from time to time http://bitcoinity.org/markets/list?currency=ALL&span=30d

bitcoincharts is more trustable in my opinion, but anyway, even bitcoinity shows that Gox still leads the volume. This situation may significantly change in the coming months.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
chaos is fun...…damental :)
I just deployed an update to the trading engine. From now on orders id numbers are "permanent" and won't be changed for those orders which stay over clearing. This was an unnecessary legacy feature.

Order id and trade id are 64 bit integer values, so when they overlap (if that ever happens), there will be a good enough distance between numbers for software to work properly.

This makes life of trading API users simpler.
Please fix expired certificate before the market moves much.

Yes of course, it's fixed already.
Activity: 30
Please fix expired certificate before the market moves much.
When are we getting a VWAP (or some other mechanism) to set the clearing price? While I'm not personally very concerned as far as my own trading, a better mechanism would add to the legitimacy of the exchange. This is in response to akwfleaspirit, who, while certainly misinformed about a lot, is right that it's way too easy to manipulate the clearing price.

A "clearing cross" like NYSE's open/close crosses might help, and as a bonus you can put in margin called positions so they have access to the hopefully greater liquidity. It's also an established point in time to do lots of liquidity - if you can get traders to gather at these times, you may see more trading overall. A good cross can also simplify trading for those who don't want to babysit their limit orders.

I was under the impression that BTCUSD futures were already cleared with mtgox vwap.
They are settled at Highest Volume Exchange VWAP at expiry, but clear mark-to-market twice a day at the last sale.

Edit: Used to say "Gox VWAP at expiry", this could change going forward.
Activity: 609
Merit: 505
When are we getting a VWAP (or some other mechanism) to set the clearing price? While I'm not personally very concerned as far as my own trading, a better mechanism would add to the legitimacy of the exchange. This is in response to akwfleaspirit, who, while certainly misinformed about a lot, is right that it's way too easy to manipulate the clearing price.

A "clearing cross" like NYSE's open/close crosses might help, and as a bonus you can put in margin called positions so they have access to the hopefully greater liquidity. It's also an established point in time to do lots of liquidity - if you can get traders to gather at these times, you may see more trading overall. A good cross can also simplify trading for those who don't want to babysit their limit orders.

I was under the impression that BTCUSD futures were already cleared with mtgox vwap.

4342 contracts of July BTC/USD futures (ticker BUN3) settled 15th of July at $98.26 (MtGox VWAP), total trading volume $158'580.
New contract of a similar type (ultra low trading fee but with a small clearing fee) was successfully launched, it is August BTC/USD futures, ticker BUQ3.

Happy trading!
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1033
Is it possible to run an exchange where the exchange operator would not have the ability to enter fabricated orders or to know the positions held in customer accounts?

Yes, sort of. I described a way to implement something like futures trading on top of colored coins. There are some limitations, of course. Particularly, contracts are capped, they aren't 100% same a futures. (Settlement exactly matches settlement of similar futures contract only if price is within a certain range. E.g. when BTCUSD is between 70 and 100.)

But otherwise, there is a lot of transparency. Basically, operator cannot do much without getting caught; he plays no role between launch and settlement; it is possible to get multiple parties involved, they would need to collude to go rogue.
Is there a method for contacting support securely?

e-mail, unless encrypted, is not secure.  Does ICBit support have a GPG key for messages?

It's definitely more secure than posting support requests in this thread :-)
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
Is there a method for contacting support securely?

e-mail, unless encrypted, is not secure.  Does ICBit support have a GPG key for messages?
so withdrawal requests which would normally be processed are pending now (because otherwise they may not be able to sustain payout requirements of a BTC/USD-4.13 contract due to settle in a couple of days.

The amount displayed as being available for withdrawal shouldn't be a soft number.  What conditions would cause a withdrawal request to hang as pending, and for how long would the duration be of that status on a withdrawal request? 

It is a soft number if that account has open positions in futures contracts due to Unrealized Profit/Loss, which is marked to market.

Withdrawal requests are very rarely hanging as pending. When this happens, it's best to contact support to resolve the situation quickly (the reasons are mostly security/safety related).
There's conversation in another thread that is more appropriate here, so I'm quoting a part of it here for discussion.

when you are holding positions that compete with people who can create unlimited contracts and who can see the details of your positions, including available bitcoin.

Is it possible to run an exchange where the exchange operator would not have the ability to enter fabricated orders or to know the positions held in customer accounts?

There are no people who can create unlimited contracts in ICBIT, simply because payment for these contracts (not the margin requirement, but variation margin payments) would be huge if price goes against those people.
Pages:
Jump to: