Pages:
Author

Topic: [ICO][Airdrop] StockBlock - Copyright protection & Marketplace for Media Artist - page 81. (Read 25317 times)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0
People need to invest in this project. Why are people not funding this project?
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Screenshots of the alpha release.

Artwork Page

Editions Of the artwork

Vault Listing Artwork

Any update on project development?
@theunbeatable Yes. Tomorrow I might get that status.

The first page post has been updated with more details.
Activity: 546
Merit: 258
I could either watch it happen or be a part of it
Still not able to upload images.

You must be a Jr. member in order to upload images ( correct me if I'm wrong). I will quote your posts to view the images.

But use : https://imgur.com/ (in order for it to be viewable)
to get the links of the images
Still not able to upload images.
Thanks Carol,

The ICO starts 25th October ends 25th November. For more details follow this link: http://stockblock.io/ico.html

The screenshot wont be visible. May be someone from bitcointalk member can help me fix it.
The copyright and search functionality will be free. The artist can sell their artwork and make some money. Unlike other stock agencies we wont charge you 70-85% on your sales. It will be opposite most probably. A fair amount of commission on sales to keep running this platform.

You will win over the stock photography crowd, Many of whom have very large portfolios. When is the ICO?
The copyright and search functionality will be free. The artist can sell their artwork and make some money. Unlike other stock agencies we wont charge you 70-85% on your sales. It will be opposite most probably. A fair amount of commission on sales to keep running this platform.
I am into wildlife photography. I see what you are trying to do here. I spend about 4 hours every week just sending take-down notices when someone sees my work being used. The part that is most frustrating, is seeing other companies or individuals making money off my work. And sometimes they even crop out the watermark etc.

I NEVER post anything without a watermark, although that in itself does not guarantee that MY image will not be stolen, at least it makes it a little more difficult and also signals that I am serious about MY copyright.

There are millions of photographers who need this service. Will this service be free or subscription?
Are there any photographers here?
I worked as an illustrator and I can say that the copyright problem is really very urgent. Tell more about creating a smart contract in your system for these purposes. Does this happen through the choice of a smart contract template or you have a "smart contract constructor"?

Good to know you are an artist.

There are 2 contracts mainly.

For proof of ownership. All info regarding the author/artist goes on blockchain.

Full Name
State, City
Country
StockBlock Artist ID(Unique)
Image Hash/Fingerprint
Copyright Info If any(Legal)
URL of the image uploaded on the server/cloud/blockchain

All above details are time-stamped on ethereum blockchain.

Human readable data will be compiled in a PDF format for the artist. Just like a certificate of ownership.
The data can also be viewed on etherscan.io. (Read Smart Contract Tab)
The ContractABI code will be published for the artwork.

The SmartContract will be owned by StockBlock and The Artist.

A kill function would be implemented just in case the user wants to delete the contract information.
Some additional parameters will be added to switch cases as per need.

When the user adds the image in marketplace they might creates editions with price depending on the needs. Those multiple editions will correspond to a new smartcontract for each. The buyers pays for these editions and the status of the transaction is updated and the editions are updated accordingly after transaction confirmations. All transactions of that artwork will be tracked as artwork history.

Thats the basic functionality of the smartcontracts. The artist never pays for the contract creation. It happens in the back-end. All transactions will be batch processed to save gas and stuff.

I am not able to upload images here yet.

This is how it will look.

http://stockblock.io/images/preview1.jpg

http://stockblock.io/images/preview2.jpg

Let me know what you think.
Activity: 190
Merit: 10
I worked as an illustrator and I can say that the copyright problem is really very urgent. Tell more about creating a smart contract in your system for these purposes. Does this happen through the choice of a smart contract template or you have a "smart contract constructor"?
The idea of the project sounds good since there are not alot of projects the idea as such, its unique. But I think it would be a great idea to consider the copyright of other content since now it seems like the focus is more on photography.

I just feel like the thread is not detailed enough, it doesn't specify which blockchain was used, no information about wallets or the total supply. OP should consider providing some more details on first page.

Hello FrankNoland,

Thannks for your inputs. I will update the first page project details by tomorrow. I am not able to display images as of now.

Well the project mainly is for media artist. Currently there is no definite solution to solve copyright issues. To explain the issue lets assume a photographer for example.

When a photographer clicks images, he owns the copyright. Its not necessary to register the copyright legally. If you click that shutter you own the copyright. The problem arises when someone steals the image and use it on their website or banner ads etc for commercial or non-commercial purposes. When the photographer files a case or send cease and desist, the photographer needs to prove he owns it. Usually proving ownership is a problem. If you are unable to prove it in court, you lose.

Proof of existence & proof of ownership.

We have selected Ethereum blockchain for the platform. Using ethereum blockchain we create smartcontracts for the artwork. The artworks is registered using image hashing. Precisely perceptual hashing. The artist receives a PDF file with all information regarding the artwork. It is kind of a birth certificate for the artwork. The artwork is time-stamped with copyright and attributes. The platform also provides a marketplace for the artist to sell the artwork. All transactions are done using ERC20 tokens. The entire ecosystem works on this ERC20 Token System ONLY(XMC Tokens).

Total 250,000,000 tokens will exist. That's the max supply. The following wallets are known to be compatible with Ethereum tokens (ERC-20 standard):

MyEtherWallet (no download needed)
MetaMask (Firefox and Chrome browser addon)
Mist (Desktop)
Parity (Desktop)

We are a small team and currently working on the photographers section of the project. We do not have enough resource to allocate for this project. Hence we are looking forward for the ICO. This project has huge potential. This platform can provide solution for photographs, movies, music, illustrations, 3D, documentation and other digital assets. For investors its a great opportunity. We have soft cap of 25,000 Ether and Hard Cap of 75,000 Ethers. This project is a global solution for various problems.

I will update the same with more detailed information on the first page post and also update our website accordingly.

Thats all for now. I will drop you a msg when I update it all.

Regards,
Mangesh

copper member
Activity: 560
Merit: 253
The idea of the project sounds good since there are not alot of projects the idea as such, its unique. But I think it would be a great idea to consider the copyright of other content since now it seems like the focus is more on photography.

I just feel like the thread is not detailed enough, it doesn't specify which blockchain was used, no information about wallets or the total supply. OP should consider providing some more details on first page.
Interesting project. What are your future plans?  As in how do you plan to expand this project? Videos? Music?

Yes. Right now we just want to concentrate on Stock photography(Images only). This project can be expanded in different ways. We have couple of things in mind. Illustration, music, videos, copy-writing, documents etc

We need to strengthen our base first.
Indonesian Ann Thread now LIVE !!! Please check it below
[ANN] [XMC] Pasar Untuk Artis Media

Thank You
Best Regards,
Jovi18

Thank You Jovi,

Really appreciate. Your Indonesian community seems very positive about the project. That's good news already.
Activity: 826
Merit: 250
Indonesian Ann Thread now LIVE !!! Please check it below
[ANN] [XMC] Pasar Untuk Artis Media

Thank You
Best Regards,
Jovi18
Pages:
Jump to: