Pages:
Author

Topic: ICOs are a legit or Scam? - page 59. (Read 32174 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 0
March 28, 2018, 05:40:41 PM
Hi Guys,

Im pretty keen to understand more about ICOs and intend to invest in some.
ANY recommended ICOs and any advise how you guys determine whether is it a legit or Scam?

Thanks in advance.

I say both. There are some which could be, for what it is, considered scams, but there are also some which are legit and can really be sleeper projects that could give an investor big profit. However, the difficult part of investing, especially at this point, is the fact that it can be confusing and at the same time hard to to choose which projects would make it and which projects would not. Since there are many ICOs popping every now and then, it's not so easy to choose the better ones. What I am saying is that you should device a way to help you check which ones are good and which are not.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
March 28, 2018, 05:37:27 PM
before investing in ICO, I would advise you to first take part in a bounty company in a subscription or social network. so you will learn to understand projects well. and then it is already possible to deal with invests.
Activity: 98
March 28, 2018, 05:28:27 PM
Chinese market players and investors trying to avoid  their laws and limits, they do it every time something gets on their ways, they're single-minded
Activity: 308
March 28, 2018, 03:45:56 PM
In some countries it is illegal, but this too will soon be corrected ...
Invest in ISO of course you need, it can bring you a lot of money.
I would now advise considering BubbleTone, KYC Legal
Activity: 84
March 28, 2018, 03:42:33 PM
You may check the exchanges whether they are going to trade this coin and also read the whitepaper
Activity: 322
Merit: 102
March 28, 2018, 03:35:15 PM

Check where it is registered and has experienced team.

For example there is lccx.io - looks like promising exchange based in London.  Well developed white paper, experienced team, located in politically stable jurisdiction.   

Most projects hide their info, even legit ones. There are also some projects that look legit but after money grab, nothing big happens for a long time and team only give more and more promises  Sad
Activity: 266
March 28, 2018, 03:30:41 PM
Hi Guys,

ANY recommended ICOs and any advise how you guys determine whether is it a legit or Scam?

Thanks in advance.

Check where it is registered and has experienced team.

For example there is lccx.io - looks like promising exchange based in London.  Well developed white paper, experienced team, located in politically stable jurisdiction.   
Activity: 72
March 28, 2018, 09:55:18 AM
All great coins started from ICOs it is legit just been used to scam other people lately making it reputation down but it is legit.
Activity: 182
Merit: 11
March 28, 2018, 09:53:03 AM
Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance.
In order to understand the legitimate ICO or not, you need to analyze the project team and find out where the project is based.
Activity: 784
https://streamies.io/
March 28, 2018, 07:21:18 AM
Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance.
Current is a very good project, I think you should consider investing in it. Currently it is known to many people, the number of telegram community has reached the highest number that is 100k members. They are waiting for investors to come and buy their tokens. Especially Mark Cuban has invested in this project. This is a sign of prestige and not a scam, I think Current will overwhelm every ICO project at the moment.
Activity: 126
March 28, 2018, 07:08:16 AM
Some ICOs are profitable, some are not. Some are scams and some are legit. I think the proper way to be not a victim of scammers is to search more about that ICO. Read more about them and analyze. Decide whether it will be a good one for investment or not. Try to ask in some forums so you will know more about that ICO. Visit their website in order to know information regarding the project. Then in the bounty thread, the bounty manager must be a high rank position and have at least Legendary rank and no negative trust.
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
March 28, 2018, 06:55:48 AM
Not all of them. Most ICOs are scams, though. Around 95%...
That is very high percent, are you sure that it is like that? In my opinion chance to be a scam ICO is around 60-70%, not more, not less
Activity: 439
March 28, 2018, 06:07:12 AM
ICOs are caveat emptor - they are similar to IPOs - this question shows a serious lack of understanding and research on your behalf.. That is like asking - ARE IPOS SCAMS?
What is this "IPOs" you're talking about? We don't comparing ICO with anything, just trying to understand what's rules to trust in project or no.
Activity: 500
March 28, 2018, 06:01:31 AM
Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance.

Based on my experience. We just see the ICO TEAM arrangement, there must be some experienced people who have been successful on ICO before. see also the bounty manager, everywhere the ICO is successful under his rule.
I see every ico who comes in the market always has different teams. i never found ico team ever successful in they ico before and then made ico again with the same team? is it you can give example where ico that have same team, that the team is already successful before ?
You never see them cause you need data to compare with, and noone will share this data with you because it may fail his own investments by that
Activity: 322
Merit: 3
March 28, 2018, 03:47:22 AM
Some are scam and some are good projects, which have future. But is should be taken into consideration that there are a lot of scams, and we have to be more accurate when investing.
copper member
Activity: 700
Merit: 120
Gamdom
March 28, 2018, 03:45:49 AM
Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance.
Couples of month ago most ICO was legit and now most ICO seems scam.You can realize it's scam or legit by reading their whitepaper, and by seeing their team,Advisors.I would like to recommend you some ico like Kepler,Obiz,ntok,medichain,pep
Activity: 630
Merit: 253
March 28, 2018, 03:26:58 AM
Some ICOs are scams of course, because not all of them had good projects, some of them are with fake teams. I would advise to make research and select several ICOs to invest in. In case of several ICOs you will have more chances to get benefits.
Activity: 602
Merit: 250
March 28, 2018, 03:22:36 AM
Learn deeper their own whitepaper to understand what this project is standing on, have it future or no, or maybe it's just scam even without any whitepaper            
Activity: 397
Merit: 250
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
March 27, 2018, 08:34:36 PM
Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance.
I don't care that but I care if they can bring enough money in them and I hope I could.
Activity: 966
Merit: 552
March 27, 2018, 08:26:02 PM
ICO project will be very beneficial if it happens as expected by all people and there is no technical error or lie in it because all ico projects issued would want to provide benefits to all parties associated with it
Yes it is for the legit ICOs, the problem on ICOs there are scam ICOs out there and it makes bad images of ICOs and other cryptos currencies, should the people who want invest into ICOs they must really serious make analysis about the ICOs projects before desicions investment into them, so we don't blame all of the ICOs due to careless when searching for good ICOs.
Pages:
Jump to: