Pages:
Author

Topic: ICOs in 2018 not same as 2017. - page 16. (Read 6963 times)

brand new
Activity: 0
Merit: 0
November 04, 2018, 02:24:01 AM
People have learned his lesson from all that scams.Still there is hundreds of millions doellars of virtual trash past ico on market new one is coming one by one
copper member
Activity: 546
November 04, 2018, 03:55:36 PM
The fall in price of coin from what it is during ICO is determined by so many factors some of which include the bounty hunters, those with a very huge amount of coin to the extent that their price will either increase the price or get it down. If these two people especially those with a very high amount of coin decides to set the price below the ICO price then that's the end of such coin I term of price.
Activity: 546
Merit: 21
November 04, 2018, 03:45:11 PM
Apart from ICOs not performing well this year we are all storm with scammy icos too ,2017was the best year so far for ICOs and this year is just so bad that I hope it ends with 2018, Ethereum needs to gain it's ground back before we start to see some improvement again
brand new
November 04, 2018, 02:09:29 AM
I think ICO in 2018 is a lot of scam compared to ICO in 2017. but do not worry there are some very good ICO, one of them is USECHAIN (https://usechain.net). Very interactive project with a strong team. I think these guys are waiting for a great future, success to the team and to the investors!
Activity: 252
Merit: 11
🔰FERRUM NETWORK🔰
November 04, 2018, 03:37:40 PM
Of course it's not the same. We are in a huge bear market in 2018 and that's why all the coins have dipped and the number of ICO investors has decreased because of this bear situation. However I don't think this is the end of ICO game. When the market recovers, things will change for good.
Activity: 252
Merit: 1
“The Protocol for the Audience Economy”
November 04, 2018, 01:45:57 PM
Everyone made money in 2017 when they invested in ICOs because good gains were possible, then naturally everyone jumped on board and wanted a piece of the pie and now we are here. Only the good projects will succeed and it is becoming hard for projects to raise capital.
Activity: 644
Merit: 101
November 04, 2018, 01:42:58 PM
I agree that there was a great difference on the ICOs from the previous and the current year. Since the rise of ethereum's value, many ICOs only allocated a fewer amount of tokens due to the price increase. But as the time goes by the ethereum's value collapsed and it also affects the total value of the crowdfunded money. The mose affected by the ethereum's collapsed were the ICOs that were started at January of 2018 in which the ethereum's price is on its peak. This is one reason why many ICOs on 2018 are mostly failures.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1010
ITSMYNE 🚀 Talk NFTs, Trade NFTs 🚀
November 04, 2018, 01:39:17 PM
ICO's have changed significantly from last year, there was a time when anyone could pitch in an idea in this forum and get good investments without showing any practical work but now even those who have MVP are struggling to reach a soft cap.
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
November 04, 2018, 01:33:59 PM
This year I have not received much income from investments in ICOs. I think many investors have become disillusioned with such investments.
Activity: 174
The World’s First Blockchain Core
November 04, 2018, 01:27:23 PM
Yes you are right. 2017 and 2018 is not same for icos. Because 2017 was a bull market and 2018 is a bear. Because of that too many icos are under their ico price now. Q3 and Q4 of 2018 is hardest time for icos i think. They can not even collect money half of their hardcap. I am happy finally these projects have to decrease their million dollar hardcaps .
brand new
November 04, 2018, 01:41:35 AM
most ico coin prices are still very cheap when first entering the market, so to be able to rise and be able to exceed the price of ico coin it does require something for volume and also market interest to be higher one of them is to launch from the project itself whether it is platform or others
Activity: 420
Merit: 31
November 04, 2018, 01:19:34 PM
this is my own opinion but it may help others.

I have found that all the ICOs i have invested in have launched at almost the ICO price but in a few days dipped below the ICO prices by half or 5X for some.

With this i have discovered its better not to invest in an ICO but wait for the launch and the DIP to buy it at the corrected prices made by market forces.
Its just too hard to tell the real or recommended value of a token in an ICO these days.

Hope this helps to the new investors thinking of ICOs
Sometimes, it might be hard to truly tell that a coin is done with the dip. I do not just assume a coin has dipped, even if it is blinking red. I would rather go and invest into a coin with good potential, by making some research. I would watch to know the price at which it is stable and invest into it. This will give you rest of mind than just invest into a shit coin and assume it will still pump.
This is all well and good. But the fact is that there is no point in investing money in the ICO. It is much easier to choose projects of interest and monitor the price to better not get a bit more than to get into
Activity: 854
November 04, 2018, 10:47:57 AM
this is my own opinion but it may help others.

I have found that all the ICOs i have invested in have launched at almost the ICO price but in a few days dipped below the ICO prices by half or 5X for some.

With this i have discovered its better not to invest in an ICO but wait for the launch and the DIP to buy it at the corrected prices made by market forces.
Its just too hard to tell the real or recommended value of a token in an ICO these days.

Hope this helps to the new investors thinking of ICOs
Sometimes, it might be hard to truly tell that a coin is done with the dip. I do not just assume a coin has dipped, even if it is blinking red. I would rather go and invest into a coin with good potential, by making some research. I would watch to know the price at which it is stable and invest into it. This will give you rest of mind than just invest into a shit coin and assume it will still pump.
Activity: 588
Merit: 100
November 04, 2018, 09:13:00 AM
Everyone understands this and everyone confirms that in 2018 ICO is completely different from 2017 in that the regulation of cryptocurrency still has a very big impact on prices and on people who come to cryptocurrency.
brand new
November 04, 2018, 01:26:59 AM
Some ICO are even struggling to get their token listed on decent exchange, how can the price grow if like that
Activity: 672
Merit: 100
https://paynote.eu
November 04, 2018, 09:10:00 AM
This year, with Iso, trouble, now there are no good projects for investment, the last project where I invested is NEX.
copper member
Activity: 238
November 04, 2018, 08:50:42 AM
They are not the same and they won't be the same. Because it is just the beginning of the ICOs era, as soon as the market will recover we will see completely different ICO stats. Just wait a little bit more and things will change.
Activity: 99
Merit: 3
November 04, 2018, 02:09:51 AM
I think that there is more scam ICO's this year 2018 because as we all know 2017 is the year were ICO's are popular. Scammers took advantage to this because many people are investing on new ICO's because of its price + there are bonuses given when you invest in a new ICO.
brand new
November 04, 2018, 01:16:53 AM
It's more because people want return very quickly than usual but when that doesn't happen they started to dump the coin quickly. Moreover  you should have  study the project before investing and try to know about credibility of promoter and then invest
Activity: 13
November 04, 2018, 02:03:34 AM
In 2018, not only the ICO is not similar, but the cryptocurrency market has become quite different. The prolonged fall of the market introduces new rules of the game. Most projects delay the end of the ICO, because they are afraid of a sharp drop in the price of the token.
Pages:
Jump to: