Pages:
Author

Topic: if anyone hacked your account then who is responsible??? - page 14. (Read 7679 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 10
It is the hacker mistake Cheesy and his responsibility.
Your mistake because you create an account there and you didn't take enough precaution to protect your account. Your computer or smartphone can be infected by a keylogger or some kind of virus.
The mistake of the exchange because they have security problems.
It can be the mistake of both of you too.

I totally agree with this, first of all its the owner of the wallet fault, because if he created an account in an exchange it is hard to hack except if the owner isn't careful that he or she gets an email then visit it then try to log in his or her account then it could possibly hacked that way. Butbif the exchange itself is hacked, just like what happen for binance, then binance would would be liable and responsible for the losses.
Activity: 254
Merit: 1
we cant blaming anyone for this case. it is should be our responsible to make our account safe even if exchange or wallet giving us an option for extra security.
Activity: 630
Merit: 250
if I've created account/wallet on coinbase or any other exchange then my account is hacked and my coins/money lost who are responsible for it
The Exchange where I've created account Huh
is it my mistake Huh
what's you thought about it Huh

and how i make my account safe  Huh

ofcource it is your fault. its very hard to hack someones account if the account was very secured like strong password or a 2fa.
You are responsible on your own account. just install an authenticator and you are good.
Activity: 812
Merit: 120
https://combonetwork.io/
if there is hacking on your account you will certainly be in charge of your own account.
no exchange will want to replace the assets you have lost.
therefore always use double security such as installing an authenticator or the like.
Activity: 700
Merit: 100
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
not you because you are a victim but you can also make it a street when you provide information about your wallet and make it public, because nowadays many hackers are outnumbered by our technology advance. Be careful to avoid losing our account.
In a case where several accounts were also hacked in the exchange, then it is the fault of the exchange or site and they will be held responsible  for the hack because their security is weak but in the occasion where you are the only one affected, then it's definitely your fault, take precautionary measures next time.
when only our account is affected by hackers, maybe we have done carelessness, and there could be many causes. therefore be careful with sites that are not clear. but if many accounts in the exchange are hacked, the exchange should be responsible, like when binance is hacked, they replace all of their consumer funds, but this kind of action does not all exchanges do
Activity: 646
tozex.io
In a case where several accounts were also hacked in the exchange, then it is the fault of the exchange or site and they will be held responsible  for the hack because their security is weak but in the occasion where you are the only one affected, then it's definitely your fault, take precautionary measures next time.
Activity: 250
i will take all responsibilty that happens to me , like that was my mistake using that exchange , that my mistake im opened some link and etc
taking resposibility of that make me want to improve and wont make mistake like that again
Merit: 11
The online wallets are never safe. There are alot of hackers in the world and there are a million things that can go wrong. It is quiet possible that someone from the exchange staff with or without the consent of the exchange starts hacking the accounts.

This is what happened to a friend of mine a couple of years back. He had his wallet stocked up with tokens worth around $20000 and it got hacked. This my friend was very careful about his online details but still got hacked. He also suspected that it must have been done by an employee of the exchange or wallet service. It was definitely and underground job. I advise if you hold over $3000 worth of tokens, just get a hardware wallet for it to avoid stories that touch like this
Activity: 1260
Merit: 102
The online wallets are never safe. There are alot of hackers in the world and there are a million things that can go wrong. It is quiet possible that someone from the exchange staff with or without the consent of the exchange starts hacking the accounts.
Activity: 742
Merit: 11

If your account is hacked and you don't have strong password or tighten your security like using a google authenticator, you as the victim and the exchanges must share the blame.
copper member
Activity: 336
Merit: 3
The sole responsibility of keeping ones home tidy, lies in the hands of the owner. In a situation where the wallet was compromised by a hacker, in my opinion the owner of the wallet, needs to take responsibility and device a better measure for protection of the accounts
Activity: 714
Merit: 3
It can both your fault and that of the exchange.
It's your fault if you exposed your login details or someone had access to your device and accessed your account from it.

It's exchange fault when you have an extra layer of authentication and yet got hacked without exposing your details.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1003
Except for the mass hacking events, the account owner is responsible for every single transaction that processed through the email and exchange account. The day trading bots regularly negotiate the altcoin prices with different exchanges in order to find arbitrage opportunities. If the API keys are leaked to the hackers, it is normal to see a empty balance on the exchange account. The trading activity is measured with the in and outs to the trades, if the abnormal activity is observed then freezing the account should be the first attempt in order to stop the leak.
copper member
Activity: 350
Merit: 1
The only person who is responsible for the hacked account is the owner. In the cryptocurrency space, we are responsible for the safe keeping of our property. To prevent the hacking of one's account, a strong password, together with the use of two factor authentication should be employed.
Most exchanges provide security, but do not think that you are fully protected. There's always a chance of a break-in. Therefore, the responsibility for maintaining their funds lies entirely with you. Don't leave your funds on the exchange and always connect 2FA protection.
Activity: 1048
Merit: 101
if it happens because of your own mistakes I think you are responsible and the company is not fully responsible for it, unless the exchange you use is hacked by scamers of course the company will be responsible for everything. but what I have experienced in this case, whatever you need to do is proof, the company will ask for evidence to return your money that has been hacked on the exchange.
Activity: 308
Erotic Industry on the Blockchain! RachelX
If someone hacked into your wallet, it's the owner's fault, because he's not well protected from crooks, but no one's safe from crooks
Activity: 1162
Merit: 251
It unfortunately is your responsibility.  How can a exchange be held accountable if you leave your user name password laying around, have a poor password that's easily cracked, virus attacked computer, etc.  Always practice safety and use 2 factor where available, that will help keep your accounts secure.
In the world of decentralization no one is responsible but yourself. You are responsible for all the finances that you have in cryptocurrency, starting from the security of your wallet, strong passwords, and so forth. if you are hacked then all the errors are in you, such as weak passwords, or careless when deceived phishing sites. You are responsible for all your security of your money in crypto.
Activity: 770
https://streamies.io/
if I've created account/wallet on coinbase or any other exchange then my account is hacked and my coins/money lost who are responsible for it
The Exchange where I've created account Huh
is it my mistake Huh
what's you thought about it Huh

and how i make my account safe  Huh

When your account is hacked on exchange but no other account is shared, you will suffer that loss. This may be because you revealed your password or some other information that could cause a hacker to break into your account.
But if it is the fault of the trading system, you will be compensated.
But better yet, you should choose large exchanges to deposit your money. because they are always available to make up for your losses.
Pages:
Jump to: