Pages:
Author

Topic: If Bitcoin dies does altcoin die? - page 64. (Read 17293 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 250
October 14, 2017, 09:36:43 PM
I don't think other cryptos would die just because Bitcoin does, look at the internet many companies died in 200 but there is still new ones appearing every day even still today.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
October 14, 2017, 09:33:47 PM
maybe for now the bitcoin is the main one of all altcoin. but I am sure that in the future altcoin which has good potential like ethereum can compete with bitcoin. although once the bitcoin dies, there will be someone to replace it.
Activity: 210
October 14, 2017, 09:23:37 PM
Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins
your opinion is highly appreciated. Smiley

I guess it depend on the reason why bitcoin die. There's a hope for any coin so maybe if that happen maybe btc will be replaced by other coin, but once again it depend on the reason why bitcoin die.
At one side it'll be a chance for other coin to replace bitcoin
But at one side it'll may make market lost the potential.
Activity: 1123
Merit: 253
October 14, 2017, 09:14:00 PM
Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins

Not necessarily, altcoins are not totally dependent on bitcoin. They have their own projects, their own roadmaps to be fulfilled, and their own coins. They have their own partnerships and supporters. They generate their own value. However, if bitcoin dies, it will severely affect the entire crypto world, thereby affecting the prices of altcoins for sure. It will extremely cripple the crytpo market.
Activity: 406
October 14, 2017, 08:43:07 PM

there is always hope for any coin. so it always has the potential when many of the people buy the same allcoin. it's all about market and global influences.
legendary
Activity: 1147
Merit: 1007
October 14, 2017, 07:32:16 PM
Maybe IOTA could be good replacement. They still have prove their tangle technology can stand the test of time. But transactions are totally free and fast. And there's no scalability problems. The more it's used the faster it gets. That might make it the ultimate coin to buy alts.

Bitcoin as well some alts may not die, not this time or not too soon. Because I can visualize that btc  will be the future money because it is the solution on money finance system problem
Activity: 76
Merit: 10
October 14, 2017, 06:21:23 PM
Maybe IOTA could be good replacement. They still have prove their tangle technology can stand the test of time. But transactions are totally free and fast. And there's no scalability problems. The more it's used the faster it gets. That might make it the ultimate coin to buy alts.
Activity: 210
October 10, 2017, 03:05:21 PM
While that could be the case previously,the bitcoin dominance is falling slowly but steadily.That means the money flows into altcoins.
When the percentage of BTC dominance is reduced enough,we can finally take a break a be carefree.
Then when bitcoin dips again other currencies will stay stable,securing your funds.
Activity: 756
Merit: 251
Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit
October 10, 2017, 02:18:42 PM
No, if bitcoin dies people will switch into other alt coin which can be the next bitcoin, it can be eth or something else. But it's a different case if the reason that bitcoin dies is because of goverment interruption by regulation or something else that makes crypto banned in general.
Activity: 644
Merit: 259
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
October 10, 2017, 02:16:15 PM
i dont think so bitcoin can die!
well if it does, alts will never die if ethereum will stay Cheesy as alternative coins now defend on etherum and launch the KYC!
I don't think that to very accurate at all, I have been seeing a particular trend, whenever there is chaos with bitcoins, the other cryptos fall as well. If investors are fearful that bitcoin is going to crash then what's the use of investing in other cryptocurrencies since bitcoin is a pioneer in that field
Activity: 700
October 10, 2017, 02:03:08 PM

I think if you see your question ask if Bitcoin die if altcoin is still there ?? Of the altcoin exchange rate tends to use Bitcoin the possibility of extinct altcoin exists if Bitcoin is also extinct, but seeing the most popular altcoin development today is etherium, it may be able to replace Bitcoin if Bitcoin is extinct from circulation.
Activity: 458
Merit: 112
October 10, 2017, 02:00:44 PM
i dont think so bitcoin can die!
well if it does, alts will never die if ethereum will stay Cheesy as alternative coins now defend on etherum and launch the KYC!
Activity: 798
Merit: 500
October 10, 2017, 01:52:43 PM
It seems to me that at the moment to discuss means to guess. Since there is no historical data, what happens to the popular coin, you can assume anything you like.
Activity: 180
Merit: 101
Exclusive Member
October 10, 2017, 01:43:44 PM
If bitcoin dies some other new "bitcoin" will be taking over it. But I don't think bitcoin is going to die anytime soon. Alts will definitely perish because bitcoin is the king of crypto currency
Activity: 2562
Merit: 577
October 10, 2017, 01:41:46 PM
I think that it will, most altcoins are based on the bitcoin price, and they are all following bitcoin price pattern, so if it dissapears, then the whole market is going to be a mess, and a lot of altcoins will be without volume because most people will withdraw all their coins, probably because they will be scared by the fud.
Activity: 116
October 10, 2017, 01:39:25 PM
I think that it will just be replaced by some altcoins. But the short-term drop of all coins is inevitable in such a case.
That pretty much will be the closest thing to happen. I mean Bitcoin will not die, because its existence is not even tangible so we don't even know where its root at. What I'm trying to say is, it exist in a very different way - digitally that is.

So that is true, it will just gonna be replaced by one of the altcoins (Ethereum is the closest one). Since all the cryptos are volatile value-wise, the price really will not drop the way as few people thought it will.
Dying of bitcoin means no internet and no human on this planet and this Is not going to happen. And unfortunately if this happen the whole crypto will collapse because bitcoin is backbone of digital currency market and ending bitcoin mean death of crypto and his will not happen because it is strong and valuable coin of this century it cannot die easily.

Without bitcoin, the other alt coins can do nothing obviously. Most of them are in the exchanges in bitcoin markets not dollar ones, so when bitcoin dies, their price will divert to zero dollars simply.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
October 10, 2017, 01:37:35 PM
Its true that Bitcoin and Altcoins are both cryptocurrency, but that doesn't mean that they're both depending on each. They both have same concept and all, but they have different ways on how their value will change. It might affect other coin but not directly proportional.
Activity: 182
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
October 10, 2017, 01:20:40 PM
I don't think altcoins will die if bitcoin did die except if all cryptocurrencies will be banned. If bitcoin will cease to exist it will surely have some negative effect on other altcoins but surely another altcoin will take its place. Bitcoin is not altcoin and the altcoins are not bitcoin.
Activity: 384
October 10, 2017, 12:37:19 PM
Yes BItcoin is mother of all crypto what goes down the rest will follow. especially month of July and August it's a bearish market people getting more emotional when price are dip. i have strategy on how to buy and sell when it needed i set stop loss so i won't feel any pain at all
Activity: 572
October 10, 2017, 07:41:26 AM
I think that it will just be replaced by some altcoins. But the short-term drop of all coins is inevitable in such a case.
That pretty much will be the closest thing to happen. I mean Bitcoin will not die, because its existence is not even tangible so we don't even know where its root at. What I'm trying to say is, it exist in a very different way - digitally that is.

So that is true, it will just gonna be replaced by one of the altcoins (Ethereum is the closest one). Since all the cryptos are volatile value-wise, the price really will not drop the way as few people thought it will.
Dying of bitcoin means no internet and no human on this planet and this Is not going to happen. And unfortunately if this happen the whole crypto will collapse because bitcoin is backbone of digital currency market and ending bitcoin mean death of crypto and his will not happen because it is strong and valuable coin of this century it cannot die easily.
Pages:
Jump to: