Pages:
Author

Topic: If Bitcoin dies does altcoin die? - page 68. (Read 17293 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 529
September 28, 2017, 02:17:29 AM
there is a linear relationship between Bitcoin and altcoin, I believe that Bitcoin will not die but in case of this thing happen then it will be difficult to stay in the market for the altcoin. because Bitcoin has established a credible platform in this segment if Bitcoin will lose this credibility then other altcoins will not get an opportunity to do well in the market. because people will not be interested to be involved in this sector.
Zrs
Activity: 299
Merit: 250
September 28, 2017, 02:15:42 AM
bitcoin is the most popular crypto coin.Lots of coin are related to it.If bitcoin banned but other coin don't, then there will be not huge problm as one of alt coin will become popular.but if bitcoin banned world wide by government then I think other alt coin will be affected.
Activity: 616
Merit: 102
September 28, 2017, 02:02:44 AM
Probably yes, we can see that when bitcoin price fall, then almost all altcoin will also fall. By inspection we could think that it's possible that altcoin will gone when the time come that bitcoin's gone.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
BitcoreService.com
September 28, 2017, 01:55:24 AM
i dont think like that, bitcoin have his own network, and other bitcoin having his network too.
maybe other cryptocoin (altcoin), will running his network, still strong, but i dont know about rate or price.
Activity: 518
Merit: 101
September 28, 2017, 01:49:17 AM
Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins
your opinion is highly appreciated. Smiley
Most probably not all altcoins would suffer the same fate as BTC if it dies, as you put it. Yes BTC is the basis but I don’t think it dictates the stability of all other coins. There are coins now which are quite stable and could actually be the next BTC. But one thing’s for sure, BTC is here to stay for a long time and  it would not be accurate to speculate that it would disappear some time soon..
Activity: 560
Merit: 253
September 28, 2017, 01:43:46 AM
Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins

Much Bitcoin's success this year is due to altcoin growth. BTC is losing market share rapidly. It hitched a ride on the Ethereum boom due to trading pairs. Once BTC is not the primary trading pair, altcoins and BTC will move independently. That means no more momentum from hitching on other coins as well.
Activity: 546
Merit: 256
September 28, 2017, 01:39:28 AM
It is possible that altcoins may also lived even with bitcoin dead. If the death of bitcoin is based on its software development then altcoins based on ethereum or other cryptos may lived independently. But if bitcoins death is because of government regulations, then no crypto can survive.

Death of bitcoin because of some software errors is definitely impossible, there are a lot of developers that help developing this digital currencies, there are a lot also of people aending some BIPs for some minor solution. If bitcoin die, it will be because of the users realizing that this digital currency is not good enough and they found new digital currencies to replace bitcoin based in how they use it. Still, no altcoin will be affected by it.
Activity: 276
Merit: 100
BitSong is a decentralized music streaming platfor
September 28, 2017, 01:35:33 AM
It is possible that altcoins may also lived even with bitcoin dead. If the death of bitcoin is based on its software development then altcoins based on ethereum or other cryptos may lived independently. But if bitcoins death is because of government regulations, then no crypto can survive.
Activity: 266
September 28, 2017, 01:29:20 AM
If bitcoin dies, i though it will be replace with an altcoin like ethereum and all of the altcoin will be excange to ethereum. It will be replace with altcoin that will call new bitcoin.
Activity: 835
Merit: 502
September 28, 2017, 01:25:05 AM
Don't have defenitely answer for this questions, however, to my mind it is the same if usd will die, i think aother fiat money eill exist.
Activity: 532
Merit: 284
September 27, 2017, 09:24:35 AM
It all depends on what time bitcoin will die. Now it will obviously affect, but if another crypto currency will bypass it, then it is unlikely that it will affect the market.
I think that wouldn't happen because if we talk about death then what we mean about it is its existence is at stake. I mean, you are accusing that Bitcoin will vanish eventually and would not make an appearance whatsoever. But the thing is it will always exist, it will not die, but only it will have its down side, I mean eventually an Altcoin will have to surpass the Bitcoin itself. For now it has its momentum as the number spot but that wouldn't stay as that in a very long time. Well it may last just like what dollars would be, but then again as I've said we can't say the future of it all.
Activity: 180
September 26, 2017, 04:02:01 PM
I don't believe that. Bitcoin is the mother for sure but when children is strong enough to survive from other hunters, even if mother does some of the kids survives. that's the law.
copper member
Activity: 658
September 26, 2017, 03:50:49 PM

I don't think if bitcoin dies the rest of the family will also die because some of the Altcoins have different features, advantages and anonymity implementation than bitcoin. Some coins categorize themselves as currency and some as an asset. So, you see because of that they don't serve the same purpose they both have their ways if you know what I mean. Bitcoin is like the father of the family and you know when the father dies the children will grow they won't die too Grin
Activity: 476
September 26, 2017, 03:49:02 PM
Anything that affect the Bitcoin either positively or negatively affect all other altcoin same way. If BTC is decimated then that will be the end of cryptocurrency. All the other alt currencies is either trying to be like Bitcoin or working to equal Bitcoin.
Dream of the Great
September 26, 2017, 03:40:13 PM
It all depends on what time bitcoin will die. Now it will obviously affect, but if another crypto currency will bypass it, then it is unlikely that it will affect the market.
Activity: 896
Merit: 272
OWNR - Store all crypto in one app.
September 26, 2017, 03:20:57 PM
I absolutely agree that, bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin and I think if bitcoin die I guess all altcoin also die because bitcoin is the father of all currency and I think they can't stand alone without bitcoin. Lastly, I hope bitcoin would not due because altcoin will also die.
September 26, 2017, 03:04:56 PM
You can see when bitcoin price falling also alt price falling and more percent than bitcoin.
I think alt coins can't exist without bitcoin.
Notice: bitcoin never die..
Hmm that is you just being plainly ignorant. That is not the case, Altcoins are not affected to the value of Bitcoin getting such dumps. You see, the only reason why Altcoins get their value get low whenever that coins is being converted to Bitcoin who's dumped in price.

The price of Altcoins has nothing to do with Bitcoin, they have different concepts value-wise that is. Besides you don't have such proof to suffice that statement of yours.

And Bitcoin never die? True, but it will not stay in that seat forever eventually an Altacoin will surpass what the Bitcoin have achieved so far.
Activity: 476
Merit: 254
September 22, 2017, 12:10:03 PM
If bitcoin should die, then I see a lot of deaths following the death or let's say mass death because even currently when bitcoin witness a crash its just by default that other coins witness the same thing with some even taking percentage hit more than bitcoin itself so imagine if bitcoin then "dies", it simply means no other coins would have survived the whole show. I just imagine its a particular coin going through what btc is going through now?
Activity: 518
Merit: 145
September 22, 2017, 11:41:10 AM
Can anyone really say? It depends on the factor that will cause the death in the first place. If the factor apparently affects the whole blockchain technology as a whole, it will definitely affect the whole coins. However, if it is because it has failed on its own path and ended up giving people the chance to realise more prospects in other coins, it wont necessarily cause its death but probably be pushed down as the number 1. Although I do not see the possibility at all.
Activity: 616
September 22, 2017, 11:36:11 AM
what do you mean bitcoin die? the price is drop or bitcoin destroyed? if bitcoin rate is drop altcoin will still active but with low price to, and if bitcoin destroyed in the world i think altcoin will destroy to not in the same time but time by time altcoin will die too
Pages:
Jump to: