Pages:
Author

Topic: If Bitcoin had a stable price, would it still be as popular? - page 10. (Read 171736 times)

Activity: 50
Merit: 10
Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?

I think its a big NO.
Bitcoins price of high and low is what makes bitcoins popularity now. Most of all when its price is just pumping and pumping that every investors loved to see.
That isn't everything because Bitcoin introduce a new blockchain technology to us too. Yeah beside with the profits bitcoin helps us much on applying technology in real life right ?
Activity: 2898
Merit: 639
No, the always changing of its market value or proces s of fluctuations is the best thing I see that the public loved the most.
Through this they can be able to be more analytical and wise decion makers since it is very vital in the cryptocurrency.  The importance of creative response in every circumstances should be the public must know and I think it will be better if they are not stick to one price or market value.
There is a difference between being just popular and being popular in demand. If it’s just being popular, bitcoin already made a name for itself, and will always be know, but as for being popular in terms of demand, it’s likely a NO, cause the reason many still invest in it is because of the volatility.
Activity: 168
Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?

I think its a big NO.
Bitcoins price of high and low is what makes bitcoins popularity now. Most of all when its price is just pumping and pumping that every investors loved to see.
Activity: 756
Merit: 100

I think it will keep being popular and in fact it would be more useful than now, because you could use it as a stable storage of wealth instead of just speculation.
We all know that at first, Bitcoin wasn't that popular at all, and on top of that it doesn't worth even that much of worth. Haven't you heard about the guy who bought two pizzas with 10,000 Bitcoins? I know crazy right, its because the price of Bitcoin then was just a crap, I feel sorry for that guys.

So no, it won't be popular the way it is popular now.

Bitcoin became very popular because its price began to grow rapidly. Many people wanted to earn money on this. If the price of bitcoin is stable he may lose in popularity.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
Of course, eventually much more: it's just its instability that creates a block toward general acceptance.
At present, it's practically useless in normal economy.

It has its benefits and its disadvantages. We would be able to gain a lot more adoption in terms of an actual use case, on the other hand we would lose a lot of the people who are in bitcoin for speculative reasons or treating it like an asset.
Activity: 378
Merit: 251
Bitcoin is popular not because of price only. A lot of features and benefits like anonimity, free transactions all over the world and many other stuff that people like in bitcoin is making him popular.
Activity: 160
Yah. The lowest price of btc can make it popular or more popular. 1:0.1 price is low and approximately the token supply of bitcoin is billion if the price is like that. Project of bitcoin is unique and the token. So I think even the price is stable it is the same bitcoin is popular because of the use of coin.
Activity: 33
bitcoin right now have a better and stronger user base than when we were at 1200 peka, so this is already answering your question

and anyway popthe value larity is directly correlated to popularity and usage, so there is no way that you can have a low value and mass adoption...

Agree with this. Bitcoin has already been dealing with a good value of money and I can say even it has a stable price it will still be famous. So based on your question it will be a famous stuff all over the world.
Activity: 812
Merit: 108
I don't think so because most of people use bitcoin for trading purposes and trading is always doing for profit so if bitcoin get stable than what is use of bitcoin trading, it would not generate profit for investors.
Activity: 585
Merit: 250
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
I would never be interested in saving money to paypal because the price does not change, it also happens with bitcoin, I think it is useless if save bitcoin but the price is stable, so I'm sure stable price will not make bitcoin popular.
Activity: 126
I think that stable price would attract more users to Bitcoin
Activity: 1162
Merit: 106
I'm sure if the bitcoin price is stable then there will not be any interesting news to talk about, everyone will know and this will not make anyone see the daily bitcoin price even more once a day.
Activity: 224
I really think that even if bitcoin has its stable value price it will and would still be popular.But on my country bitcoin it not that much popular for they think that people do not really profit that much on bitcoin mining.And people are also scared that they are going to be scammed.
Activity: 840
Merit: 252
For sure it is because the value is not the point and the subject here , the point of view here is the value of bitcoin when it comes in sending money or funds abroad the fee's that's what only matter to me i guess. it'll be popular anyway because it is crypto.
Activity: 136

Nop, with the technology that has today is worthless, actually anyway is worthless, is an empty token, nothing more than an ERC20 ethereum token with no propose!
Activity: 168
BIG AIRDROP: t.me/otppaychat
well maybe yes or maybe no, it depends upon the situation, because many people has using bitcoin and it still be popular or not well it has many bitcoin user all over the entire world.
Activity: 280
Definitely yes because people who are get used to it still join their signature campaigns and invest on some projects because even though it's price is stable we can't deny the fact that it is still popular.
Activity: 294
Merit: 101
It will still depend upon on what stable price bitcoin will be, if it is high it will be more popular, but if it is low i think it will not be popular.
Rightnow bitcoins volatility is one of the reason why they like it, they can get big profit from that but risk is always there because there is also a chance that price of bitcoin might fall.
Wether bitcoin price is stable or not the value of it is still the important.
Activity: 868
Merit: 63
I think no ? if it have a stable price like other coins it would not be a popular as now. Bitcoin is popular because of its price, so if its price would just be a normal one bitcoin will be ignored and the usage of coins will be equally. Bitcoin is decentralized so it has high volatility due to demand and supply, it has a high demand so its price is increasing unlike the other coins in the market.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
No. I don’t thing that bitcoin would have been as popular as it is now if it’s price would have been stable. Since most of the people use bitcoin to make money and one can only make money in bitcoin because it’s price is not stable, so it keeps on fluctuating and has high chances of increasing in the up coming future. There are many ways by which one can make money using bitcoin. So bitcoin’a Instability has made it so popular and famous between the users. Bitcoin instability is its greatest weakness and its greatest strength.
Pages:
Jump to: