Pages:
Author

Topic: If Bitcoin had a stable price, would it still be as popular? - page 12. (Read 171736 times)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0
Yes, I agree with your statement mister. If bitcoin maintain its higher value in the market, many individuals will come and participate to invest this kind of digital currency. Having that, it will also be popular to many people.
Activity: 209
Merit: 100
For me if bitcoin had a stable price, it will be much popular.
Activity: 532
Merit: 284
Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?

I think it will keep being popular and in fact it would be more useful than now, because you could use it as a stable storage of wealth instead of just speculation.
We all know that at first, Bitcoin wasn't that popular at all, and on top of that it doesn't worth even that much of worth. Haven't you heard about the guy who bought two pizzas with 10,000 Bitcoins? I know crazy right, its because the price of Bitcoin then was just a crap, I feel sorry for that guys.

So no, it won't be popular the way it is popular now.
Activity: 448
Merit: 1
Look ARROUND!
Maybe it still be as popular. Because No single institution controls the bitcoin network.
Activity: 129
Merit: 10
RedTube & Rasputin Party Mansion
When bitcoin will became more stable, it will be a plus toward general acceptance; a lot of people don't trust bitcoin because its volatility is too high.
Activity: 14
The most interesting thing about bitcoin is the unstable price, of course no one is interested in a stable price, especially already there is a payment system that is popular ie paypal, web money, payza, liberty reserve and so on.

So, you are saying there is no point of cryptocurrency other than for you to make more money?
Activity: 85
since bitcoin is almost stable, its dominance has dropped so I think we have our answer!  Grin
Activity: 102
Merit: 2
OPEN Platform - Powering Blockchain Acceptance
With a more stable price, bitcoin will become more usable as real currency.
At present, the high volatiity makes this use about impossible.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 253
I think even though prices are stable but bitcoin brings features and novelties in the world of transactions so it will remain popular, this is what makes me believe that the future of the transaction system will soon use bitcoin.
Activity: 476
Merit: 105
Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?

I think it will keep being popular and in fact it would be more useful than now, because you could use it as a stable storage of wealth instead of just speculation.

Any currency has jumps in price and Bitcoin also has. If Bitcoin has a stable price, then it will become more convenient for payments. But less popular for investment.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 613
No, of course not, 9 of 10 people in here are just for money-making purposes, if they realize that they can make more money just by doing any other crap, they will switch to that. This is the reason of why a lot of people are holding altcoins instead of bitcoins.

I believe that is our purpose why we are here, making money because bitcoin and the entire market is very profitable to invest with.
Bitcoin is not stable and I think will never be stable due the reason why the price can easily be move if whales will manipulate it, but instead of hoping that to happen, we should take advantage of the volatile market.
Activity: 630
Merit: 258
No, the always changing of its market value or proces s of fluctuations is the best thing I see that the public loved the most.
Through this they can be able to be more analytical and wise decion makers since it is very vital in the cryptocurrency.  The importance of creative response in every circumstances should be the public must know and I think it will be better if they are not stick to one price or market value.
Activity: 280
No, of course not, 9 of 10 people in here are just for money-making purposes, if they realize that they can make more money just by doing any other crap, they will switch to that. This is the reason of why a lot of people are holding altcoins instead of bitcoins.
Activity: 186
When bitcoin will become stable, may be investors will lose interests, but public acceptance as a method of payment will skyrocket (actually, it's just its volatility that makes bitcoin still not good for standard payments)
Activity: 518
Merit: 23
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
For me it would still be popular, for online savings anyway not as an investment. It would become a more effective currency and it would not be compared to gold that way.
Activity: 124
stable price will make bitcoin trading more easy and  will make bitcoin able to be used for daily payment.
that price is so little for bitcoin and very small range
Activity: 574
Merit: 253
The most interesting thing about bitcoin is the unstable price, of course no one is interested in a stable price, especially already there is a payment system that is popular ie paypal, web money, payza, liberty reserve and so on.
Activity: 248
it depend on the price if the price would be low i think it will not gain so much but if price would be high let say 20k dollar maybe it will gain so much popularity , and also if it has a stable price i think it will gain popularity also because many establishment would use bitcoin as mode of payment because of price stability.
Activity: 273
Merit: 11
Well, it depends: high volatility is a plus for experienced traders, but for the normal economy this instability make bitcoin practically useless.
When bitcoin will be more stable, it will be even more popular.
Activity: 30
If bitcoin had a stable price it's auditorium would be completely different, which might be better for cryptocurrency future as there would be much less scammers... but we have what we have.
Pages:
Jump to: