Pages:
Author

Topic: If Bitcoin had a stable price, would it still be as popular? - page 13. (Read 171736 times)

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501
Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?
in my opinion if bitcoins has stable price i think it will not be popular like what happening today...because it only looks like fiat currency. people got the attention for bitcoins because people believed that they will earn big profit in investing for bitcoins. i personally got interest on bitcoins because of the volatility . i do believe i can make my profit double tripple or more.
It will be really very much difficult for bitcoin at that time to maintain its reputation once its market value will get stable. This increase in the market value and the volatile nature of bitcoin is the only thing which is helping all the investors who are investing in bitcoin in making some good amount of money. If this thing stops happening, then people will lose their interest in bitcoin.
Activity: 238
Merit: 11
Definitely not popular, people will not be interested in buying a lot of bitcoin because if you have no stock of profit, I also would not be interested in using bitcoin and prefer paypal because verification is safer than anonymous.

Many people buy bitcoin as an investment vehicle in other alts, because it is widely accepted in ICOs and exchanges. If it were more stable it would probably be even more expensive.
Merit: 11
Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?

I think it will keep being popular and in fact it would be more useful than now, because you could use it as a stable storage of wealth instead of just speculation.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
i love my family
in my opinion if bitcoins has stable price i think it will not be popular like what happening today...because it only looks like fiat currency. people got the attention for bitcoins because people believed that they will earn big profit in investing for bitcoins. i personally got interest on bitcoins because of the volatility . i do believe i can make my profit double tripple or more.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 521
I would say more business would start accepting Bitcoin if it had a stable price. Some small businesses prefer not to risk it due to Bitcoin's behavior as they may lose money.
The first thing which I want to say in this is that it will never going to happen as the market price of bitcoin will keep on changing most of the times. In case, there comes certain kind of situation that the market value of bitcoin gets stable, then it will for sure effect the fame and reputation of bitcoin in a way that people will look for some other ways of investing their money for having greater profit.
Activity: 490
Merit: 10
Platform for Cross Chain Fundraising
If time comes when Bitcoin had a stable price, i think it will be more popular due to the stable price itself. People may attract and start to know about it, most especially when there is evidence or proof from others. It will create trust so many will join and invest. Other thing is that,the more person knows about it, the more chance of sharing about what Bitcoin is, which helps a lot to be more popular.
Activity: 586
Merit: 250
Bitcoin brings new systems and concepts this makes everyone interested in bitcoin investing, and the thing that most people choose bitcoin is hoping that someday prices will go up and earn profits, it is certainly difficult to be popular if bitcoin prices are stable.
Activity: 181
Merit: 0

I don't think bitcoin will be popular if bitcoin had a stable price e. Bitcoin volatility is what people attracted to bitcoin because there's a big possibility to profit a million of cash when price is going up.
Activity: 504
I think that bitcoin is popular for the reason that its price is fickle and from this it is possible to get a good profit rather than if the price was stable
Activity: 55
Merit: 1
I think yes, it can be more popular, because the price is stable, bitcoin can be used as currency. For example, when large companies adopt bitcoin to pay employees with bitcoin, this is not a problem when bitcoin prices are stable. But if it is unstable, big companies will think twice about adopting bitcoin if used to pay employees.
Merit: 33
Its not possible that the price is stable. Because when the price is stable for a time, many new people will thing to invest in bitcoin. That would result that the price will grow again because the demand is rising.
Activity: 630
Merit: 14
I think  its  popularity  would  somehow decrease   because   traders  would really switch  to  another  crypto which has   more  volatile price  because they   only make  money on that  movements  of each coin  thats  why  they  should  definitely  switch  to another coin  but  in other  story  it  would be  popular to some  merchants.
You can make a lot of money with both of them but investing in altcoins or bitcoin is not the same, bitcoin is not going to give you 10x in a month anymore but at the same time bitcoin has been around for a long time so you know your money is relatively invested in a solid project, investing in an altcoin gives more profits but if you invest in an altcoin with a low market cap you could lose all your money in just a few hours or days.
I agree Only with the fact that all the popularity in bitcoin is that its price is unstable, but that its price has grown and continues to grow. Let today it has a little lowered, but judging by the forecasts for the future, we should expect a very huge addition to the already existing maximum.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 501
I think  its  popularity  would  somehow decrease   because   traders  would really switch  to  another  crypto which has   more  volatile price  because they   only make  money on that  movements  of each coin  thats  why  they  should  definitely  switch  to another coin  but  in other  story  it  would be  popular to some  merchants.
You can make a lot of money with both of them but investing in altcoins or bitcoin is not the same, bitcoin is not going to give you 10x in a month anymore but at the same time bitcoin has been around for a long time so you know your money is relatively invested in a solid project, investing in an altcoin gives more profits but if you invest in an altcoin with a low market cap you could lose all your money in just a few hours or days.
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1414
I think if ever Bitcoin has already an exact amount and this remain to be stable

What? we already have a fixed supply of 21M

I think in some manner, Bitcoin might be popular as well in a sense that people will still be interested into it

Alot of people are interested in it but they are too dumb not to ask. Everyone think that it is too late for them to join in while in fact it hasnt. Crypto has alot more room to go if things goes right but possibility of going south will always be there

Bitcoin I think will be popular as it is if ever the price was attractive to people

Ever since we made that crazy ride since September, alot of media has been exposing bitcoin constantly which makes alot more people aware of it already. Alot of them has joined in since then
Activity: 203
Merit: 100
I think if ever Bitcoin has already an exact amount and this remain to be stable, I think in some manner, Bitcoin might be popular as well in a sense that people will still be interested into it because of what it can give and provide. Bitcoin I think will be popular as it is if ever the price was attractive to people just simply support it and go beyond with it.
Activity: 602
It certainly will not be as fast as it is popular, as we know that the thing that makes people speculate to buy bitcoin is because there's a hope the price goes up so keep buying bitcoin.
it's true because the price is always stable of course bitcoin it will always be popular and many also interested and who buy bitcoin also more because the price is always stable
Activity: 462
Merit: 104
quarkchain.io
It's obvious that people are interested in bitcoin because of the possibility to earn a lot of money. If BTC price will be stable, people's interest in it will decrease. But a stable price to attract the interest of business that will accept BTC as payment for goods and services.
Activity: 1722
Merit: 252
If the bitcoin price is stable then it will not make people and communities interested in using bitcoin, of course there is no different thing with paypal, payza, perfect money and so it will be difficult to develop.
Activity: 728
Merit: 63
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE
I think that if the BTC price is always stable, its popularity will decrease.Even now,BTC is very popular because its price is increasing day by day.And it is becoming popular with everyone due to the rise in the coin's price.Suppose, if the price of BTC would've been fixed for several years,it's popularity might not have been reduced.But if it stable for all time,it can easily be said that its popularity will must be reduced.
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
Nowadays, bitcoin is much stronger everday because bitcoin know how to work it out and many people already trust bitcoin. Bitcoin has a good features to make people want to invest again. I think bitcoin is just warming in this year, bitcoin will rise again let us wait. Many will encourage to invest again here just wait.
I think there is no chance of bitcoin price to stay remain on one place because bitcoin price is very high and still it’s going very high and in this year bitcoin price will go more high and it will make a record business so no need to worry about it because it’s now very stable and strong in market and day by day its users are going to increased so I’m sure that bitcoin price will never stay will on place it will survive for ever.
Pages:
Jump to: