Author

Topic: If Bitcoin had a stable price, would it still be as popular? - page 145. (Read 171736 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
trading is the most important and profitable way to make money online but yes if the price becames very kuch stable then also i would love bitcoin because it has so many features like anonymous and instant transaction to worldwide

I was also thinking the same, and we can say that bitcoin is a currency, it is not the feature of a currency that it will surely give profit to traders, I love bitcoin not because with trade it have a lot of profit because of its fluctuations, but I love bitcoin because it has a lot of opportunities on internet to earn money from different ways, like from ad network we can earn the same bigger amount with our blogs which we were earning with google adsense.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
The USD only varies a small amount per year, whatever the inflation rate is or the exchange rate.  It still is popular.   Same thing with gold as an investment.   People love it.  Bitcoin might not be as popular but it would certainly still get used.
Activity: 196
in fact the popularity of bitcoin is depending on the stability of the price of bitcoin, if the price of bitcoin remain stable then people will get confidence and they will invest their assets in bitcoin, and they will also prefer trading in bitcoin, they will also use bitcoin for buying ans selling stuffs, as a fiat currency, so we can say that for the popularity of bitcoin is is so important that the price of bitcoin must be stable.
Activity: 227
There is no such currency that is stable and popular.
I know fiat is stable and popular, but it is "fiat".
Without fiat, we have nothing to rely on.
Without bitcoin, we still have fiat.
So bitcoin will collapse if it becomes stable.

..in my opinion.

The stability is all relative. If the price of bitcoin does not rise and drop more than 10% a week, it is stable.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
There is no such currency that is stable and popular.
I know fiat is stable and popular, but it is "fiat".
Without fiat, we have nothing to rely on.
Without bitcoin, we still have fiat.
So bitcoin will collapse if it becomes stable.

..in my opinion.
Activity: 378
BULL RUN until 2030
The big problem of the instability though is the number of people afraid of it.

This is why no one is "all in" in btc.

No. It's not like that in my own point of view.

And besides average bitcoiner will surely goes for not putting all eggs in bitcoin since they have other things to deal with to support their daily life. It's not that they are afraid, they are going in a way of minimizing the risk.
Of course, who says we are all living and relying on bitcoin, we also have our real life venture and we know how risky to rely on bitcoins alone. The amount we put in bitcoin is just the amount we can afford to lose because the reward is so big which means the risk is also bigger.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008

No. It's not like that in my own point of view.

And besides average bitcoiner will surely goes for not putting all eggs in bitcoin since they have other things to deal with to support their daily life. It's not that they are afraid, they are going in a way of minimizing the risk.
Activity: 826
Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008
I don't think so. If it's as if Bitcoin has lost its essence. If you store bitcoin today and wait for years, the bitcoin you have will be much more than what it was. If it has a stable price, bitcoin might be considered as an online fiat money that doesn't move at all. Just like other currencies in the real world that doesn't even move at all. And just like the currencies in real world that we take for granted, we'll surely take bitcoin for granted if this happens.

Yes you are right at some point but you know there are lots of profits to those you are calling "currencies that are not moving it's price". If that is not profitable then there will be no forex exchange presently in the market.

Also bitcoin will be unique to other currencies, so even with a stable price, it's unique characteristics to other currencies will be the main reason why bitcoin will become popular.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1060
I don't think so. If it's as if Bitcoin has lost its essence. If you store bitcoin today and wait for years, the bitcoin you have will be much more than what it was. If it has a stable price, bitcoin might be considered as an online fiat money that doesn't move at all. Just like other currencies in the real world that doesn't even move at all. And just like the currencies in real world that we take for granted, we'll surely take bitcoin for granted if this happens.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
trading is the most important and profitable way to make money online but yes if the price becames very kuch stable then also i would love bitcoin because it has so many features like anonymous and instant transaction to worldwide
Activity: 994
Merit: 502
I think yes, when bitcoin had a stable price, it will makes people to invest on bitcoin, because it's safe for long term investment and more people will use bitcoin.
I think certainly there are people who do not like a stable price occurs. because like some time ago stable prices and then exchange volume becomes very small. I think a stable price makes the market became quiet and no crowds on the market. fluctuation makes the market became crowded

stable price will bring bitcoin to the death , bitcoin will no more have a unique thing.

i will leave bitcoin if it happened, i prefer a movement like yesterday , dropped $100 and up for $70 and $80 . with that range you can get a benefit. stable price will not guarantee bitcoin more popular.
This also makes people to sell their coins in loss, most people who has feared that the price still go down start to sell and today they might be worried by seeing the price, I am safe I just hold my coins.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048
I think yes, when bitcoin had a stable price, it will makes people to invest on bitcoin, because it's safe for long term investment and more people will use bitcoin.
I think certainly there are people who do not like a stable price occurs. because like some time ago stable prices and then exchange volume becomes very small. I think a stable price makes the market became quiet and no crowds on the market. fluctuation makes the market became crowded

stable price will bring bitcoin to the death , bitcoin will no more have a unique thing.

i will leave bitcoin if it happened, i prefer a movement like yesterday , dropped $100 and up for $70 and $80 . with that range you can get a benefit. stable price will not guarantee bitcoin more popular.
Activity: 490
Activity: 336
Definitely.  It will attract more people to invest in bitcoin.  Many people were still not familiar to what bitcoin is.  Me personally just have no idea when my friend introduce me to this thing.  At first I did not believe him because it was not known to me.  Until I saw some news and articles about it.  So if the price of btc is stable it will be more familiar and I think people will be more interested.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1123
Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?

That's a strange question because from my understanding nothing has a "stable" price. Have you ever done any research on Forex? The entire thing is trying to profit off the fluctuating prices of currency around the world. This would be impossible if they had a stable price, so I'm confused by the question to begin with Tongue

However if you mean as stable as say a fiat currency, then I honestly don't think it would make any difference whatsoever in the popularity of BTC.
Activity: 854
Bitcoin is still popular even thou bitcoin is the same price as before. But not as popular as today and hence, there will be less people who will be using bitcoin because they are using bitcoin not only for buying but also to earn profit. If the buy and sell price is always the same as before, then there will be no changes, there will be no trading sites and yes, the popularity is not as the same as now.
Activity: 658
Not of course, many people here are buying/selling BTC for profit For example Bitcoin binary options are popular profit tool and made many BTC.  Wink
Activity: 826
Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!
You know when I see the amount of things that are thought said and written, the amount of activity in time like that, I'd say that make it would be a bit less popular without those crazy rollercosters ^^
Activity: 2310
Merit: 886
Yes, if bitcoin had a stable price, it would still be as popular as it's today now. Why I am saying that? Well, bitcoin is innovation crypto currency and the main reason that popular stores, shops and etc aren't adding bitcoin payment in their system is that it's price is very unstable and they may have financial damage if they won't exchange btc in usd in necessary time.
Jump to: