Author

Topic: If Bitcoin had a stable price, would it still be as popular? - page 146. (Read 171736 times)

Activity: 227
Merit: 100
More than what I thought because bitcoin will be entered into a foreign currency exchange / could we call now be used in general. in that's time bitcoin price will be stable.

The bitcoin exchange Bitfinex was hacked and lost 119k bitcoins. So the price could drop a bit further.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
More than what I thought because bitcoin will be entered into a foreign currency exchange / could we call now be used in general. in that's time bitcoin price will be stable.
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
I think yes, when bitcoin had a stable price, it will makes people to invest on bitcoin, because it's safe for long term investment and more people will use bitcoin.

We would like the bitcoin price to be stable or less volatile. The price should rise gradually. There is no pump and dump.

This is simply not possible. Why? Because, as I have said earlier, the equation has two variables. Bitcoin value is measured in the US dollars for the most part. So it is always a race between the value of Bitcoin itself and the value of the dollar. For example, Bitcoin value doesn't change (i.e. supply and demand remain approximately the same over time), but dollar rises (in respect to a basket of other major currencies)... What would happen?

Obviously, the Bitcoin price in dollar terms would necessarily decline (it cheapens)
I think yes, when bitcoin had a stable price, it will makes people to invest on bitcoin, because it's safe for long term investment and more people will use bitcoin.

We would like the bitcoin price to be stable or less volatile. The price should rise gradually. There is no pump and dump.
legendary
Activity: 3094
Merit: 1127

Probably if bitcoins price would be stable then  many would invest into it since the risk of losing your money decreases since  it had already the stable price. Bitcoin would be popular still even it attained those  situation but other investors would probably switch to other coins which have unstable price since they like to have a inflating and fluctuating price to  gain profit out of it. Just my opinion.
Activity: 490
Yup.
First advantage of btc is anonymity, that's what's important.
bitcoin true course has many advantages. and there are many users who use the various advantages of it. if one of the benefits bitcoin missing such fluctuations. and the price to be stable. I think it would not make bitcoin die. because bitcoin has facilities and other advantages
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Activity: 756
Merit: 501
If the epic dump of bitcoin hasnt happen maybe bitcoin could be already regulated and accepted worlwide, something that the current bitcoin is facing several issues against countries, soo maybe it should be better then has such volatility.
Activity: 826
Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!
Yup.
First advantage of btc is anonymity, that's what's important.
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
Just stable, without any rise or fall would not be interesting. Stable price need to be high and strong, only then bitcoin will gain on popularity. My opinion that masses are looking for something in what can they trust, something what is safe. Nobody wish to feel afraid for money, and here we have believers, but for people who are new in this world everything is strange and unsafe.
Even when price is stable and high, people will wish for more. Cause of that I believe there will be always people who are not satisfied with bitcoins.

Safe means stable, any way you look at it. Constant growth is not possible, and pullbacks are a given (because the equation has at least two variables). The majority of people (surprise, for the most part, they are not interested in trading) would be absolutely happy if Bitcoin (or any other coin, for that matter) could keep its purchasing power constant...

But even gold doesn't quite cut it
Activity: 196
If the bitcoin price is as stable as the US dollar, it will be very popular and the price will be over many thousands.
yes that is a fact that if the price of bitcoin became stable as we can see it for the last month or so, then the popularity of bitcoin will certainly increase, most of the people will start trading in bitcoin. the users of bitcoin will increase too much, because it is more convenient and easy to use any where in the world as compare to Dollar or any other currency of the world, so i think it will too good in the favour of bitcoin if its price become stable just like Dollar.
Activity: 770
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
If the bitcoin price is as stable as the US dollar, it will be very popular and the price will be over many thousands.
well i hope you are right because the stability is going to happen soon as more and more people will be using bitcoins and it will be harder to move the price
Activity: 658
i dont think that bitcoin would still be that much popular in the future, i hope that bitcoin will never be stable price, in this way i would manage to earn money out of trading
Activity: 1694
Merit: 502
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Just stable, without any rise or fall would not be interesting. Stable price need to be high and strong, only then bitcoin will gain on popularity. My opinion that masses are looking for something in what can they trust, something what is safe. Nobody wish to feel afraid for money, and here we have believers, but for people who are new in this world everything is strange and unsafe.
Even when price is stable and high, people will wish for more. Cause of that I believe there will be always people who are not satisfied with bitcoins.
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
When the bitcoin price is very high, for example, $100,000 each, the price will be more stable, and many people will use it.

if it is stable at high prices, so it could become more popular, but I prefer bitcoin prices fluctuating, because it makes bitcoin popular and not owned other currencies. sometimes the price can rise very high, and it became more popular when it reaches $1,200 in 2013.
Activity: 588
It's very stable right now and i don't really know how much time it will be stable, but i can't see any huge increasing of our bitcoin community.
Activity: 294
If bitcoin would have fixed price and high as today for example, it think it would be less popular. Now it is popular cause of investment. Last year the price for it was like 200$ and today it's close to 700$, investors like such fast rise. And with fixed price people would lose their interest.
Activity: 994
Merit: 502
When the bitcoin price is very high, for example, $100,000 each, the price will be more stable, and many people will use it.
if price reaches $1000 and remains stable means its good. sometimes continued price stability shows that bitcoin is priced at fair value despite lower levels of speculative trading.
Activity: 294
American dollar is not stable, I mean to other currencies. For example to Russian ruble it rised in two times from 2012. And Euro also. I think Russian currency is not the one who felt affect of dollar rising.
Jump to: