Author

Topic: If Bitcoin had a stable price, would it still be as popular? - page 148. (Read 171736 times)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 511
I do not think it will be such popular as now becasue there are always people who want to invest into it and when it does not have a unstable value people cant invest into it anymore,but if the stable price of it is 2000$ i think more and more people will get involved into it.

Well, bitcoin don't need 2000$ price to become more and more popular. it is getting more and more popularity everyday even the price is much less then 2000$.
and the popularity was too much when the price was only 200$ and increasing constantly from that time.

so bitcoin will be still popular if the price stable between 500 to 700 just like what it is right now.
Activity: 994
Merit: 502
I do not think it will be such popular as now becasue there are always people who want to invest into it and when it does not have a unstable value people cant invest into it anymore,but if the stable price of it is 2000$ i think more and more people will get involved into it.

It is not that altcoin to meet a sudden rise. The price of 1 bitcoin is $660 today, we are in a satisfied price level now and hope the price will increase further. We will reach $2000 in next year.
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
If the price of bitcoin were similiar gold, with lower volatility we would for sure had much more people using it. But several people get inside bitcoin because its huge volatility.

Traders will never prefer stable price as it will take away their profits, but a normal users who are willing to invest their money in bitcoin would be satisfied with price stability.
Activity: 938
Merit: 500
If the price of bitcoin were similiar gold, with lower volatility we would for sure had much more people using it. But several people get inside bitcoin because its huge volatility.
Activity: 1694
Merit: 502
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Yes it would be popular even more, cause stability attract majority. Not everyone like to risk, especially with money. People like when they can feel safe and secure. Some of us like to risk, but not all of us are like that, and cause of that I believe stability more attract then refuse people.
How we imagine bitcoin to grow and become popular without stability, how we imagine some big companies to adopt btc and start giving salaries to people if they don`t feel safe with bitcoin.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?
It's still be popular if all people just want to use bitcoin for easy transaction send , receive bitcoin.the bad thing about this if it will happen the ttraders don't want a stable price so subtracted investor will happen and the price of it is so low.and the other remain is the people who want to use bitcoin only for transaction.
In the future the majority number of users will not be the investors, when bitcoin will be popular that would mean that merchants will adopt and bitcoin will be solely use as payment processor for large volume of adopters with bitcoin.

bitcoin is already popular as its userbase is growing and growing. that aside, having a lot merchants that are accepting bitcoin is great and all, but people are waiting for the day that their local businesses start accepting bitcoin. that's how you get people to spend their coins. also, trading/investing will always be the major aspect of bitcoin. nothing will change that.
Activity: 176
Merit: 100
Holland
even more because the tust can be higher on a stable rate.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?

It will still be as popular because most people who spend bitcoins do not trade with it for profit. In fact I am not sure lots of people dabble into bitcoin trading as such.
Activity: 3024
Merit: 680
It's still be popular if all people just want to use bitcoin for easy transaction send , receive bitcoin.the bad thing about this if it will happen the ttraders don't want a stable price so subtracted investor will happen and the price of it is so low.and the other remain is the people who want to use bitcoin only for transaction.
In the future the majority number of users will not be the investors, when bitcoin will be popular that would mean that merchants will adopt and bitcoin will be solely use as payment processor for large volume of adopters with bitcoin.

Well for me bitcoin is a good crypto currency and because of its not stable market price many investors are loving the way it is. So, if bitcoin is going to have a stable price it is not going to be popular as of today. Bitcoin's price is very stable at all but it is going to increase more in the future and I believe that it is possible.
Activity: 378
BULL RUN until 2030
TGD
Activity: 1288
Merit: 620
Wen Rolex?
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010
BTC to the moon is inevitable...
It would still be popular, but not as popular as it is right now.
Because there would be no trading anymore.
I do not think that it would be as possible because if the price was stable then you cannot use it as an investment anymore an most people use Bitcoin because of that reason.
So if that was not the case then it would not be as popular as it is right now.

I don' believe that bitcoins stability is going to make it popular. That is why many investors are getting into bitcoins.
It is because of the unstable price and fluctuation that bitcoin is doing.
But we can't tell if there are people who are going to stay if bitcoin is going to have stable price.

you are ignoring the fact that bitcoin is not just an investment. it is understandable though, because it is mostly used as an investment when in fact bitcoin is also a currency.

actually one of the bitcoin's main purposes in the beginning was to work as a "p2p cash" so the stability in price is going to help that part of bitcoin a lot and make people and merchants want to use it more.
Activity: 3024
Merit: 680
I do not think that it would be as possible because if the price was stable then you cannot use it as an investment anymore an most people use Bitcoin because of that reason.

I don' believe that bitcoins stability is going to make it popular. That is why many investors are getting into bitcoins.
It is because of the unstable price and fluctuation that bitcoin is doing.
But we can't tell if there are people who are going to stay if bitcoin is going to have stable price.
Activity: 448
BULL RUN until 2030
with the way bitcoin have been used I think yes no need for direct info and you can do the transaction, most of the people are looking for just an easy ways of doing a deal and bitcoin is one it the features of just a click away to do a transaction will be popular and as of now people awareness already been established we will expect bitcoin to boom in the next coming years.
Bitcoins bridges the gap of every country because we can easily transact without sharing our personal information, this is why people are patronizing the use of bitcoins as they can easily hide their identity that would lead them to transact safely.
Activity: 644
with the way bitcoin have been used I think yes no need for direct info and you can do the transaction, most of the people are looking for just an easy ways of doing a deal and bitcoin is one it the features of just a click away to do a transaction will be popular and as of now people awareness already been established we will expect bitcoin to boom in the next coming years.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
I think if bitcoin has stable price it will still be popular and i think it will more popular if it will happen..
but we are still not so popular almost all countries we are just 5% of people whole world using bitcoin..  so very hard to know if it will popular in every countries..
Activity: 630
Cryptocurrency Wallet - Denaro.io

Yeah that will be happen, if bitcoin really stable in think traders will lose some ways to earn money but still bitcoin would be more popular in that case its because if price will stable the more business sector well trust this because there will nit afraid anymore to its flactuatio, maybe we can see more adoption if that really happens and the bad effect of it is no halving anymore. But over all the way i see on bitcoin price stable is postive.
BULL RUN until 2030
I think you are just thinking about the popularity of bitcoins to the investors or traders, how about the users who just like to transact only and buy some stuffs?

I really think bitcoin will be more popular as it will increase the circulation in the market due to the high demand of supply.
Jump to: