Author

Topic: If Bitcoin had a stable price, would it still be as popular? - page 151. (Read 171736 times)

legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1030
Privacy is always important
The thing is some people invested into bitcoin because the huge price achieved for something very new, the 1000 dollars bringed huge investment into bitcoin. The fluctuations around bitcoin were the main reason people close their positions or took their savings and camed to bitcoin.

Yes, the volatility attracted some people.
If price becomes stable, it will attract a different set of people.
That is true for any investment. The VCs are the first to invest and the pension funds are the last.  Smiley
That's right. Newbies only like the coin because of it's volatility. People that really want a change on our economic system will bitcoin as a future for our market.
And more adoption will come because different people are using and different people if where their start.. bitcoin is easy to be popular if let people make a advertisement on tv ever week or daily and i think they can get more user in that way..
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
The thing is some people invested into bitcoin because the huge price achieved for something very new, the 1000 dollars bringed huge investment into bitcoin. The fluctuations around bitcoin were the main reason people close their positions or took their savings and camed to bitcoin.

That is true for any investment. The VCs are the first to invest and the pension funds are the last.  Smiley
That's right. Newbies only like the coin because of it's volatility. People that really want a change on our economic system will bitcoin as a future for our market.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

No if the Bitcoin price was stable forever then of course it would not be as popular as it is at the moment because most people use it as an investment.
With the price being stable then you cannot use it as an investment anymore.
What? It should be the other way around. If bitcoin will be stable you will mostly see people getting interested into it and more merchant might accept it as a way of payment. Bitcoin is not just a coin for investment, bitcoin should be use as what it should be a coin that is circulating.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Öff course not if the price of the bitcoin was stabel why would it be such attractive as it is for now. Becuase the unstabele price more
people are going to invest into the bitcoin not otherwise.
I agree here,when the bitcoin is equal to unstable price,it attracts people who like to risk their own money,to get profit.
Good example is a debentures-a lot of people invest in them (when they have big deposit) but they dont attract many people because the price is stable,and they cannot make big % return fast.
Activity: 756
Merit: 501
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
No if the Bitcoin price was stable forever then of course it would not be as popular as it is at the moment because most people use it as an investment.
With the price being stable then you cannot use it as an investment anymore.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024
Bitcoin is still in the adoption phase, therefore strong fluctuations in its fiat valuation should be expected. Volatility will decrease with increasing adoption. Purchasing power stability will greatly depend on the extent to which Bitcoin will be used for direct purchases of goods and services - without fiat conversion in between.

I think, when it comes to popularity, one has to distinguish between the adoption phase and the "establishment phase" of Bitcoin. I think for the adoption of Bitcoin a rising value proposition is essential to gain a sufficient user base. Without a sufficient user base, Bitcoins utility is limited. But once Bitcoin has reached widespread usage as a direct medium of purchase its advantages compared to traditional fiat will play out. So I think it's at least partially a transition process from speculative investment to every day usage, when stable (i.e. not rising) prices are not hurting popularity.

ya.ya.yo!
Activity: 378
BULL RUN until 2030
If bitcoin had experienced a stable price it would have been never be so popular as it is now. The reason people love the difference that happens regularly.

I'm also thinking this because people invested in the bitcoin because it was a easy profit maker, if you invested and the price rises you could make some nice profits.
If this is gonna be stable some people will also stop with investing although we do not have to forget its a currency so stability is also good.

I believe if it's stable it is good.  For those of us having bitcoins, these past major fluctuations are good news because the value of bitcoins rises to 50-60%.  DO for a short span, it was a good profit maker even for those who just started and earned a few.  Bad news for some faucet owners, fact is that majority of them closed their site.
I think we need more years to see a stable price like dollars and any other national currencies, right now its like a game controlled by the investors so we just have to play to stay in the game.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
GATCOIN : The New Currency Of Digital Marketing
If bitcoin had experienced a stable price it would have been never be so popular as it is now. The reason people love the difference that happens regularly.

I'm also thinking this because people invested in the bitcoin because it was a easy profit maker, if you invested and the price rises you could make some nice profits.
If this is gonna be stable some people will also stop with investing although we do not have to forget its a currency so stability is also good.

I believe if it's stable it is good.  For those of us having bitcoins, these past major fluctuations are good news because the value of bitcoins rises to 50-60%.  DO for a short span, it was a good profit maker even for those who just started and earned a few.  Bad news for some faucet owners, fact is that majority of them closed their site.
Activity: 260
Öff course not if the price of the bitcoin was stabel why would it be such attractive as it is for now. Becuase the unstabele price more
people are going to invest into the bitcoin not otherwise.
Activity: 294
Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?
Im pretty sure it would die fast...
a lot of small players get in into bitcoin only because big moves,it can make big profit with small deposit.
Big players would get only if it would be 100% trustworthy but they wouldnt if btc price would be less than 200-400$ im pretty sure they would not risk their money in something like cryptocurrency,its more precious now and they know it
hahaha! What's the use of having another currency if bitcoins will just work just like our regular money that we are using right now. I am pretty sure, bitcoins will not click and die a natural death. No one will patronize it because there is no thrill in using it.. Wink
Activity: 294
Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?
Im pretty sure it would die fast...
a lot of small players get in into bitcoin only because big moves,it can make big profit with small deposit.
Big players would get only if it would be 100% trustworthy but they wouldnt if btc price would be less than 200-400$ im pretty sure they would not risk their money in something like cryptocurrency,its more precious now and they know it
Hell no
Any reason behind it ? I think more people here demand stable prices than the ones asking for variable prices. May be that is because users are worried that the price might go too low also.
pff, dont you think that the stable prices are really boring? in my opinion theres no need for a stable price because less people would be interested in bitcoins then for sure

many traders nowadays need the prices to fluctuate as much as possible to be honest, in my opinion there is no reason not to like the price being not stable, i hope that it will keep on moving
I think you should carefully analyze, if this is going to be stable that means it is strong and it will become more popular because the large merchants will surely adopt and we know that they are not interested in investing so they are after of a stable price.
The answer is very simple, more stable means more popular and that is the general rule, we need to achieve that level if we want to attract more users of bitcoins and to generate massive adoption.
I agree, the more we get stabilize the better the result is. It means that things are getting well because we meet the highest demand on bitcoin that no one can manipualte it now. I just don't want to see bitcoin stabilize in this value, we need more numbers and I think the bitcoin should stabilize atleast $200,000 value.
Activity: 420
If bitcoin had a stable price, yes bitcoin will be more popular and many people will invest on bitcoin for long term investment. Because the stable price will be good for investment.
Activity: 224
I believe the bitcoin will still be popular even if the price is stable. I know right now its volatility in price is providing numerous opportunities for trading but that is not the only reason that is making it popular. People have started using bitcoin in their transactions due its nature - it is very easy to use and sometimes faster than the normal banking transfers.It is also anonymous in nature attracting people to use it.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422
Bitcoin is not popular as it should really be, yet. It's a matter of time: when it becomes increasingly user-friendly even for the average person well then we will see what it means to have a popular app in our hands.
BitConnect coin
the reason it become popular to my place its of anonimity it can give. u can transact legit with personal info.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
I think if the bitcoin is getting a stable price i do not think there are allot of people will be interested into the bitcoin because they can not invest into the bitcoin anymore because of the stable value they cant get profit so they stop investing off course.

bitcoin is two things: a currency and an investment. if the price becomes more stable then people would use it more as a currency so that would be another way of being more popular in a way. and that is something which is happening the volatility is reducing over time as bitcoin becomes more popular and being used more.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
I think if the bitcoin is getting a stable price i do not think there are allot of people will be interested into the bitcoin because they can not invest into the bitcoin anymore because of the stable value they cant get profit so they stop investing off course.
Jump to: