Author

Topic: If Bitcoin had a stable price, would it still be as popular? - page 150. (Read 171736 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
If bitcoin had a stable price it would be popular. Even if the price is stable or not the popularity of this bitcoin is not too much popular. Because many people dont know what is bitcoin. Many people dont need to use it. Many people dont have care about bitcoin. However it is not too much popular right now in the future i think this is the most popular coin even if the coin is not stable price.
To be honest I do not think that Bitcoin would be as popular because most people use it as an investment first because then they can make money.
If that was not the case and you can only use it as an investment not many people would use it.
Im not sure about if you are right,because you have to remember that most of people are doing anything in the internet,
not really because of getting some fun,but usually to get some profit.
That means they would not let theirself lose a great opportunity to make money,but anyway small btc players get attracted by a price volatility that btc has.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
Short Answer : No

Long Answer: I don’t think it will remain as popular as of now because there is large amount of people who are not investing in bitcoin because of fluctuation in price. In special case if bitcoin price remains the same I think it will attract many enthusiastic people.  So popularity will not decrease or not even remain equal but it will rise (by whatever amount).
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
If bitcoin had a stable price it would be popular. Even if the price is stable or not the popularity of this bitcoin is not too much popular. Because many people dont know what is bitcoin. Many people dont need to use it. Many people dont have care about bitcoin. However it is not too much popular right now in the future i think this is the most popular coin even if the coin is not stable price.
To be honest I do not think that Bitcoin would be as popular because most people use it as an investment first because then they can make money.
If that was not the case and you can only use it as an investment not many people would use it.
I just thought about it but... you're taking the problem the wrong way ^^

In fact, to have a stable price, bitcoin would need to be much more popular!
The only way to stabilise price is to get a mainstream currency Smiley
And I believe we can achieve that, we are growing in numbers and that is what matters now since we are also going up. I should not miss this opportunity to invest for my future cause the moment massive adoption will happen, you know what's next.
i dont think we can achieve good bitcoin price,and pretty stable price without many people getting into it.
We need more funds invested in bitcoins,and more trust to it,then we will get price more stable.
Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?

I don't think so. I would not bother buying it. What's the use?
If I need to send money quickly to another person maybe.
But, if BTC is not popular, probably there is no online wallet that supports it. So it's useless.
Lol what is the relationship between bitcoin unpopular with an online wallet. one could even say today bicoin not so well known but many online wallet scattered.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
https://trueflip.io/

And I believe we can achieve that, we are growing in numbers and that is what matters now since we are also going up. I should not miss this opportunity to invest for my future cause the moment massive adoption will happen, you know what's next.
Activity: 826
Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

Activity: 378
BULL RUN until 2030
Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?

But, if BTC is not popular, probably there is no online wallet that supports it. So it's useless.
Well, if that is the price of stable bitcoin then I would love to use bitcoins for transaction only, we cannot consider bitcoin on that price as we will not make any profit with that small amount.

Activity: 2926
Merit: 636
If Bitcoin had a stable price, it would not be popular among investors. The reason why so much money is being invested into bitcoin is the large price fluctuations, which creates a profit opportunity for speculators. And there are also many people investing in bitcoin because they're expecting that the price will go up significantly, over time.

If its price were stable, bitcoin wouldn't attract investors and speculators, but merchants would start using it more. Because stable price means less risk for businesses.
Pretty sure it would not popular to us by the majority should be serve here, it should be the volume of users who should be satisfied with the stable price as they can have the opportunity to spend their bitcoins due to massive adoption of big businesses.
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
If Bitcoin had a stable price, it would not be popular among investors. The reason why so much money is being invested into bitcoin is the large price fluctuations, which creates a profit opportunity for speculators. And there are also many people investing in bitcoin because they're expecting that the price will go up significantly, over time.

If its price were stable, bitcoin wouldn't attract investors and speculators, but merchants would start using it more. Because stable price means less risk for businesses.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Bitcoin need a more stable price, but it will bear fruit only after the network will grow to a sufficient extent to confirm that the price of Bitcoin is at an equilibrium level. And for this you need to attract more like retailers, and investors are not interested in price swings.
Activity: 644

Bitcoin prices vary because of popularity and not the other way around. And the reality is the nature of bitcoins allows it to be volatile. And people would always try to exploit any currency that's volatile, gold for instance.
So it's not that bitcoin wouldn't have been popular if the prices didn't fluctuate, but in fact the prices fluctuate because bitcoin is so popular and hence easily influenced with pumps and dumps.
Activity: 910
Merit: 505
in my opinion it would have been in same popularity,as it is highly a new concept introduced to virtual currency world.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
Öff course not if the price of the bitcoin was stabel why would it be such attractive as it is for now. Becuase the unstabele price more
people are going to invest into the bitcoin not otherwise.

It wouldn't be such attractive maybe... But it would be useful!
Cause right now nobody can use it correctly ^^

attractive? it depends on what you find attractive. if you are only in bitcoin for a quick profit and only dealing with it as an investment then yes it would be less attractive. but your problem is that you think bitcoin is only investment while it is both a currency and an investment.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000
Öff course not if the price of the bitcoin was stabel why would it be such attractive as it is for now. Becuase the unstabele price more

You have payment processors who provide a short-term lock on the price of bitcoin.
So from merchants' point of view, there is no risk.
Activity: 826
Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

legendary
Activity: 2884
Merit: 1258
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
I don't get it when they say that bitcoin will be less popular when it is stable.  Glad to read some mature insights here.

And more adoption will come because different people are using and different people if where their start.. bitcoin is easy to be popular if let people make a advertisement on tv ever week or daily and i think they can get more user in that way..

What? It should be the other way around. If bitcoin will be stable you will mostly see people getting interested into it and more merchant might accept it as a way of payment. Bitcoin is not just a coin for investment, bitcoin should be use as what it should be a coin that is circulating.

Bitcoin is still in the adoption phase, therefore strong fluctuations in its fiat valuation should be expected. Volatility will decrease with increasing adoption. Purchasing power stability will greatly depend on the extent to which Bitcoin will be used for direct purchases of goods and services - without fiat conversion in between.

I think, when it comes to popularity, one has to distinguish between the adoption phase and the "establishment phase" of Bitcoin. I think for the adoption of Bitcoin a rising value proposition is essential to gain a sufficient user base. Without a sufficient user base, Bitcoins utility is limited. But once Bitcoin has reached widespread usage as a direct medium of purchase its advantages compared to traditional fiat will play out. So I think it's at least partially a transition process from speculative investment to every day usage, when stable (i.e. not rising) prices are not hurting popularity.

ya.ya.yo!

Lots of people here think of bitcoin as only investment.  they think bitcoin life only revolves in investors hand.  They missed the fact that bitcoin has an economy that consist of different kind of people.  from miner to investors, merchant to users and the people behind the technology.
It will be more popular even if the price fluctuates. Bitcoin lovers knows well the truth behind bitcoin and if halving brings positive impact then bitcoin will be still more popular.
You are not right sir,the thing that attracts small investor's to bitcoin,is actually big price fluctuations,
but if we would have it more safe/stable there would be more big whales,im pretty sure about it.
Activity: 994
Merit: 502
It will be more popular even if the price fluctuates. Bitcoin lovers knows well the truth behind bitcoin and if halving brings positive impact then bitcoin will be still more popular.
Jump to: