Pages:
Author

Topic: If Bitcoin had a stable price, would it still be as popular? - page 42. (Read 171736 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 100
Yes, if bitcoin had a stable price, it would still be as popular as it's today now. People would see a better currency than fiat with alot more benefits and if its stable theres nothing to lose.
Activity: 119
Merit: 13
0x88628bf14F2391707bA9d1767f83c694Efd2a8B9
Yes it would definately be popular

pherphaps even more popular as we could focus more on the underlying blockchain technology and less on the volatility of the price
Activity: 1236
Merit: 252
Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?

For me yes it is, but I think due to the fact that this is a very accessible system which will make usq profitable in short period of time I think all of the forum users will demand for the increase of its value since it will soon store a huge numbers of user in which may help to increase the value of each bitcoin.
Well first of all its not possible for bitcoin to stay remain on one place because bitcoin is going to accepted by countries and still other countries are trying to accept bitcoin and some them are trying to make it legal in their countries so bitcoin is related with market trade and there is no chance of it that price can remain on one position.
Activity: 574
Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?

I think yes, although the amount of investor would not be as many as today the stability will still prove as a good market value for trading and currency. Which I think will also lead to what bitcoin is today anyway bitcoin's value is not the reason why it has taken the spotlight in todays market and investment options but the main reason is the block chain, its security features and being decentralized.
Activity: 1305
Merit: 511
For me probably no, btc becoming popular nowadays because investors expecting they will profit if they will buy bitcoin and hold it at least a month that why it is popular

That is right, without the volatility, I don't think that bitcoin will be as popular. I mean people are continuing to buy and hold this digital currency because they believe that bitcoin will be pumping it's price in the future so they are keep buying. If they knew this will not pump they will not buy, less demand, less price.
Unlike Gold, Bitcoin can not be the jewelry for beauty, therefore, if the best interesting point of Bitcoin disappear, I think its value will fall. No demand, no investor helps the price of Bitcoin increases. Of course, if someone still uses Bitcoin for online payment, I think it still has good value, but it will not high as the current price.

What are you talking?? Bitcoin may not be a Jewelry for beauty, with the profit from bitcoin itself you can brought any quantity of jewellery to wear.After the Philippines accept the bitcoin. Many new investors start to inverse in bitcoin now. Since the price raising for long periods, it will attain stable value soon.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
No it would not because it is very hard to understand that bitcoin cannot be stable and also the fact that people would not invest in bitcoin if it had a stable price and it would be unknown it would be something like water you pay the same price for it every month.
Activity: 476
Merit: 103
When bitcoin had a stable price then from my point of view yes bitcoin would still be as popular as on todays time because bitcoin is a first virtual currency and i think this is enough to make bitcoin popular. Where on other side bitcoin is very expensive and this is the second reason why people are taking interest on it.
Activity: 552
Merit: 500
For me probably no, btc becoming popular nowadays because investors expecting they will profit if they will buy bitcoin and hold it at least a month that why it is popular

That is right, without the volatility, I don't think that bitcoin will be as popular. I mean people are continuing to buy and hold this digital currency because they believe that bitcoin will be pumping it's price in the future so they are keep buying. If they knew this will not pump they will not buy, less demand, less price.
Unlike Gold, Bitcoin can not be the jewelry for beauty, therefore, if the best interesting point of Bitcoin disappear, I think its value will fall. No demand, no investor helps the price of Bitcoin increases. Of course, if someone still uses Bitcoin for online payment, I think it still has good value, but it will not high as the current price.
Activity: 200
Merit: 11

I think bitcoin had already established it's name because it had gone through a lot of things and issues, so I guess it would still be popular if it's price became stable.
Activity: 460
Merit: 254
Even the bitcoin price is not stable, still it is not that popular, but still improving to become popular. So if the price of bitcoin wil becoming stable, i think it would become popular also, but it is depend upon the price of it. If the stable price is higher, i think it will become popular, but if not maybe it will not become popular.
Yes the popularity of the bitcoin can never get down so the bitcoin is the best thing and the bitcoin will buy the various things to be the value and the importance for the bright and the secure profit. Bitcoin is increasing in the bright future of the people even if the value is not increasing , the value of the bitcoin is increasing more and more so be the bitcoin user and wait till the price of the bitcoin will get high more and more.
Activity: 625
Merit: 501

That is ideal, without the unpredictability, I don't surmise that bitcoin will be as well known. I mean individuals are proceeding to purchase and hold this advanced cash since they trust that bitcoin will draw it's cost later on so they are continue purchasing
Simple, the people have invested and bought Bitcoin knew the risk of this currency, but they believe this currency will have a good future and its value will be high after get legitimation. I also trusted the future of Bitcoin, with its nature, it can changes the world's economy system.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048
There is two situations if bitcoin were more stable lets say traded at 300-400 dollars maybe more merchants and big companies would already accept it as payment option, we wouldnt be with soo many big companies investing soo deeply into the mine since the reward would remain stable till last bitcoin block. The other side is the fact it being soo volatil has bringed big players inside and allowed small players to have decent profit as well change a lot lifes, merchants already accepting bitcoin, even being a few those has already started.
In my opinion, this is really a difficult thing for bitcoin to maintain its reputation if bitcoin is having stable price. We all know this fact very well that the most important thing which is helping bitcoin earn this much of fame and reputation is none other than this much significant increase in the market price of bitcoin and that too in such a short span of time. Bitcoin will lose its value at that time.
people will only consider the market are on stuck instead think it has a stable price .

also it is impossible to stabilize bitcoin at certain price due its decentralized , the price created by us , people who use bitcoin around the world , and we won't feel happy with stable price as some people make money from its volatility.
Activity: 642
Merit: 500

For me yes it is, but I think due to the fact that this is a very accessible system which will make usq profitable in short period of time I think all of the forum users will demand for the increase of its value since it will soon store a huge numbers of user in which may help to increase the value of each bitcoin.
Not only bitcoin specifically i think any crypto can never be stable for long or for lifetime. For me bitcoin is a good cryptocurrency and because of its not stable market price many investors are loving the way it is. So, if bitcoin is going to have a stable price it is not going to be popular as of today. Bitcoin's price is very stable at all but it is going to increase more in the future and I believe that it is possible. Investors are always in the hope to rise its price which is the hope for them to make money.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 267
For me I dont want the bifcoin rpice become stable price or not increase or decrease. Because increasing and decreasing price is good to earn more money. And if the price increasing it will become more popular because many people share this opportunity.
Activity: 1722
Merit: 309
There is two situations if bitcoin were more stable lets say traded at 300-400 dollars maybe more merchants and big companies would already accept it as payment option, we wouldnt be with soo many big companies investing soo deeply into the mine since the reward would remain stable till last bitcoin block. The other side is the fact it being soo volatil has bringed big players inside and allowed small players to have decent profit as well change a lot lifes, merchants already accepting bitcoin, even being a few those has already started.
In my opinion, this is really a difficult thing for bitcoin to maintain its reputation if bitcoin is having stable price. We all know this fact very well that the most important thing which is helping bitcoin earn this much of fame and reputation is none other than this much significant increase in the market price of bitcoin and that too in such a short span of time. Bitcoin will lose its value at that time.
Bitcoin will not become popular than what is it right now because the volatile price is a huge advantage to all of the people in the world of bitcoin no matter if they are trader or investor they will all get benefit of the volatility so i think that bitcoin will be the same if the price of it is stable because it will become a very boring currency.
Activity: 126
Merit: 10

That is ideal, without the unpredictability, I don't surmise that bitcoin will be as well known. I mean individuals are proceeding to purchase and hold this advanced cash since they trust that bitcoin will draw it's cost later on so they are continue purchasing
Activity: 854
Merit: 501
Activity: 518
Merit: 103
If bitcoin had a stable price, i think it would still be popular, there is a reason why bitcoin's price went up, but having the idea of you, taking care of your finances rather banks, having anonymous transactions, having a much more secured wallet than banks, i think that is also one of the reasons, why bitcoin became popular, then the law of supply and demand just followed, giving more value to bitcoin.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
I don't think that if bitcoin had a stable price it would be popular because then the people would't be able to make much money out of it. Everyone is investing in bitcoin because they want to earn money out of it.
Activity: 241

Pages:
Jump to: