Pages:
Author

Topic: If Bitcoin had a stable price, would it still be as popular? - page 43. (Read 171736 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 250
Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?
For me probably no, btc becoming popular nowadays because investors expecting they will profit if they will buy bitcoin and hold it at least a month that why it is popular
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?

For me yes it is, but I think due to the fact that this is a very accessible system which will make usq profitable in short period of time I think all of the forum users will demand for the increase of its value since it will soon store a huge numbers of user in which may help to increase the value of each bitcoin.
Activity: 392
ADABsSsSsSsSSSsS
If bitcoin popular, this means bitcoin has been adopted by financial system wherever we are. Thus, bitcoins are actually easier to use and can act like fiat.

Bitcoin is popular because of its value and you can earn bitcoins through building a mining rig but if you want to start without any capital then just work on bounty campaigns here in this forum to earn coins.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 642
I don't think so. It is one of the main features that attracts many investors. As the value changes, the more the chances to earn larger amount of money. Bitcoin has been made popular because the value is rising and if the volatility will be removed the people will stop investing on bitcoin.

Not all wants that. If you are a businessman it iwill be a big problem.
Let us say that your items are selling good thru bitvoin payment then suddenly the price falls for a large scale. It will be a large loss too with your profits even if you are doing good with your business. It relies to the value of bitcoin and if suddenly it dives down then you will have to live with that. That is the risk the merchants are taking, that is why I love their courage.
Activity: 2856
Merit: 667
If bitcoin prices are stable like fiat, it will be difficult to get popular because the same services like Payza, paypal, skrill, ok pay and others, bitcoin will not make people buy more because stock is unlimited and nothing special if the price is stable.
What makes bitcoin popular is its volatility, people love to trade this coins because they can have more action.
The price moves a lot and if you are good in predicting you can maximize your earning as you will find a lot of opportunity to buy and sell.
Activity: 406
Merit: 101
it really is unattainable to have a secure price, not even euro or greenback have steady price, there is often swing right here and ther,e that is regular, probably bitcoin ought to not be influenced so significantly by negative news this ought to be true
Yes they can’t really be that stable, all currencies and even stocks are always volatile and can’t obtain a stable rate. The price of Gold is always unstable, and same thing applies to Bitcoin (it is more volatile than every other)
Activity: 357
Merit: 12
I don't think so. It is one of the main features that attracts many investors. As the value changes, the more the chances to earn larger amount of money. Bitcoin has been made popular because the value is rising and if the volatility will be removed the people will stop investing on bitcoin.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 163
I think yes. People would put their money in Bitcoin with no fear of losing so it would make Bitcoin more popular. Alot of stores would accept Bitcoin as payment because of stability and the government might have an interest in it.
Activity: 504
Merit: 252
If bitcoin prices are stable like fiat, it will be difficult to get popular because the same services like Payza, paypal, skrill, ok pay and others, bitcoin will not make people buy more because stock is unlimited and nothing special if the price is stable.
Activity: 140
The Future Of Work
Yes it will still be popular.It will be as good as dollar which has its stable value.If bitcoin is going to be stable in the near future then it will still be as popular as dollar per se.
Activity: 438
Merit: 104
One of the things that make bitcoin popular is the fluctuating price that makes people interested to make it as an investment, but on the other side there is a risk that could make investors lose because the price slumped, but that's what makes bitcoin popular, if the price is stable then the number of devotees will be reduced.
Some people here are pretending they’re not here cause the price of Bitcoin keeps on fluctuating, some even said they will prefer a stable price. Quite funny, cause these are the type of people I call deceiver. They will even be the first to make a withdrawal if such happens.
Activity: 812
Merit: 108
Yes suppose bitcoin has stable price 6000 USD, it has obvious that bitcoin still popular. But people would not able to trade because there would not have any benifit of trading.
People would only concern about signature campaign and gambling. There would no holding for long term .
Activity: 420
Merit: 266
I think that the instability of bitcoin is one of the reasons for it's popularity. People buy Bitcoin when the price drops a bit to get a good income when the price will rise again.  I think that if Bitcoin were stable it would not be so popular.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 503
One of the things that make bitcoin popular is the fluctuating price that makes people interested to make it as an investment, but on the other side there is a risk that could make investors lose because the price slumped, but that's what makes bitcoin popular, if the price is stable then the number of devotees will be reduced.

Because investors are more attracted to things that grows value in a certain amount of time, BTC became their best investment nowadays. I dont think bitcoin will be as popular as it is now if for example the price became stable for at least 1000 dollars per one BTC. Because these days are just the development age of cryptocurrency and development age of BTC, the price will likely to go up (not stable) and this is a big factor in attracting more people to be in the cryptocurrency and consider BTC as one of their good investment. It will be popular but not as much as it is now if it have a stable price because even me wont buy something that dont grow value through time.
- You speak very accurately and I totally agree with you, the price of Bitcoin is unstable, this is an attractive factor all investors, why? Because if we want to make more money and more profit, we need strong and unstable volatility, we will be able to accumulate, buy low, sell high continuously to optimize profits. And I can assert if the price of the bitcoin is stable, it will no longer be popular, even it will eventually be eliminated, because our desire when we invest is to profit, if we invest in a place where there is no profit or low profit, we should look for a new place to invest, should not continue to waste time in vain
Activity: 648
Merit: 502

Because investors are more attracted to things that grows value in a certain amount of time, BTC became their best investment nowadays. I dont think bitcoin will be as popular as it is now if for example the price became stable for at least 1000 dollars per one BTC. Because these days are just the development age of cryptocurrency and development age of BTC, the price will likely to go up (not stable) and this is a big factor in attracting more people to be in the cryptocurrency and consider BTC as one of their good investment. It will be popular but not as much as it is now if it have a stable price because even me wont buy something that dont grow value through time.
Activity: 756
Merit: 501
There is two situations if bitcoin were more stable lets say traded at 300-400 dollars maybe more merchants and big companies would already accept it as payment option, we wouldnt be with soo many big companies investing soo deeply into the mine since the reward would remain stable till last bitcoin block. The other side is the fact it being soo volatil has bringed big players inside and allowed small players to have decent profit as well change a lot lifes, merchants already accepting bitcoin, even being a few those has already started.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
If I think bitcoin has a stable value surely people will pull it. no one will invest in bitcoin But maybe people will use it as a only transaction or just as a display. Due to the increasing value of bitcoin, people always hunt them and want to invest their money in bitcoin
You are right! No one would have actually considered bitcoin as an investment and probably we could have just been spending it and making use of it daily for payment. However, a time will still always come when people will still end up getting to know there is an easy means of transacting and then cause the increase in demand for the coin, which obviously would still make it valuable.

It has been designed that way. People make use of paypal daily to make payment, did they stop because they were not gaining anything from it? No!
Activity: 952
Merit: 500
If bitcoin had a stable price,then retailers would come forward to accept it as payment as they are very much concerned about its price volatility.Certainly,it would increase the demand for bitcoins.More countries would come forward to legalize bitcoin.

On the other hand,traders who make huge profits out of the difference in bitcoin price would not buy bitcoins as their profits would get very less.They would lose their interests in bitcoin,It may reduce the demand for bitcoin.
Activity: 560
Merit: 286
I don't think so, when bitcoin have a stable price theres nothing to look forward to, just like what we used to do. Checking the price of bitcoin, etc. For investors or traders they will not be benefited by this kind situation because there will be no profit. Bitcoin is popular despite its disadvantages.
if bitcoin had stable price then it depend on what price status it is have,. so if happen that its price is always at high then i think the popularity of BTC will make a big noise around the world, many traders will never wait for the perfect timing of when to trade for BTC because we know that a strategic traders always looks out the fluctuation value of bitcoin, maintaining the high value of bitcoin can comes out a conclusion of how strong it is, but if the  fix value is low then i think the bitcoin will never be as popular for all we know that there are lot of coins next in line of bitcoin.

Stable or not Bitcoin will be popular because there will be a different set of users that will get in during those phase.  With the price going  up and wild volatility, traders and speculative investors will take interest and jump in to the communityand once it become stable, merchants  with their customer will then enter the scene.  I think if there will be issue in scalability, bitcoin will be more popular when it become stable.
Everyone has his own point of view but I think otherwise. The main reason which is helping bitcoin earn this much of fame and popularity is none other than the tremendous increase in the market price of bitcoin. It will be really difficult for bitcoin to maintain its reputation at the time when the market price of bitcoin will get stable. People will look for some other investment at that time.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

From my point of view I think it will popular even with stable price but I think it may decrease on due time because the most affected users where on the line of trading. Since trading users maximize their profit on the price fluctuations of bitcoins, it may bring them a great problem if the price would become stable and it would affect greatly their ROI.

But it will be a huge adoption you got there, and of course traders will slowly get their gains here but they still can. And it will become just usual trading market without great fluctuation. When people start to adopt it then it is the time to get your increasing profit here. But when there is still no adoption, then its price will just stay the same
Pages:
Jump to: