Pages:
Author

Topic: If Bitcoin had a stable price, would it still be as popular? - page 45. (Read 171736 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 268
If bitcoin had a stable price,then retailers would come forward to accept it as payment as they are very much concerned about its price volatility.Certainly,it would increase the demand for bitcoins.More countries would come forward to legalize bitcoin.

On the other hand,traders who make huge profits out of the difference in bitcoin price would not buy bitcoins as their profits would get very less.They would lose their interests in bitcoin,It may reduce the demand for bitcoin.
From the first point regarding more vendors would accepting bitcoin leading countries legalizing bitcoin is bit far fetched. With bitcoin price remaining stable then there would have fewer people in bitcoin market itself. The very traction bitcoin getting is out of its price volatile nature. And people have great amount of faith that bitcoin prices will keep on increasing as they are increasing now.

Traders are will loose interest in anything which has stable price. Traders like the volatile market or asset to earn high profit. The stability is appreciated when there is dump in the market horizon. At that moment a  trader will try to find stable resource to move assets.
Activity: 630
Merit: 250
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?

From my point of view I think it will popular even with stable price but I think it may decrease on due time because the most affected users where on the line of trading. Since trading users maximize their profit on the price fluctuations of bitcoins, it may bring them a great problem if the price would become stable and it would affect greatly their ROI.
Activity: 2856
Merit: 673
100% I'm sure if bitcoin is stable then bitcoin transaction will be very small and can not develop like this, of course people will not be interested in deposit or put money into bitcoin because there is no profit opportunity.
Maybe this will not happen, only if it's centralized as one can control the transactions but it's decentralized and it gives us full
freedom to do whatever we want with our bitcoins. There are investors who create panic so the price will dump and they buy and some will
create hype so they can sell, it's just like that and I think it will never change.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 106
100% I'm sure if bitcoin is stable then bitcoin transaction will be very small and can not develop like this, of course people will not be interested in deposit or put money into bitcoin because there is no profit opportunity.
Activity: 294
Merit: 105
In my opinion, if bitcoin had a stable price it will not be popular. The investors will not be willing to invest into bitcoin. You will just waste your time to buy and sell bitcoin, just to make a profit. Some miner will stop mining bitcoin, because it’s hard to mine and the amount of money they earn is to deficit.
legendary
Activity: 2884
Merit: 1258
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?
I don't think so, when bitcoin have a stable price theres nothing to look forward to, just like what we used to do. Checking the price of bitcoin, etc. For investors or traders they will not be benefited by this kind situation because there will be no profit. Bitcoin is popular despite its disadvantages.
if bitcoin had stable price then it depend on what price status it is have,. so if happen that its price is always at high then i think the popularity of BTC will make a big noise around the world, many traders will never wait for the perfect timing of when to trade for BTC because we know that a strategic traders always looks out the fluctuation value of bitcoin, maintaining the high value of bitcoin can comes out a conclusion of how strong it is, but if the  fix value is low then i think the bitcoin will never be as popular for all we know that there are lot of coins next in line of bitcoin.

Stable or not Bitcoin will be popular because there will be a different set of users that will get in during those phase.  With the price going  up and wild volatility, traders and speculative investors will take interest and jump in to the communityand once it become stable, merchants  with their customer will then enter the scene.  I think if there will be issue in scalability, bitcoin will be more popular when it become stable.
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
I don't think so, when bitcoin have a stable price theres nothing to look forward to, just like what we used to do. Checking the price of bitcoin, etc. For investors or traders they will not be benefited by this kind situation because there will be no profit. Bitcoin is popular despite its disadvantages.
If bitcoin had stable price then it depend on what price status it has, so if happen that its price is always at high then I think the popularity of BTC will make a big noise around the world. More traders will never wait for the perfect timing of when to trade for BTC because we know that a strategic traders always looks out the fluctuation value of bitcoin, maintaining the high value of bitcoin can comes out a conclusion of how strong it is. But if the  fix value is low then i think the bitcoin will never be as popular for all we know that there are lot of coins next in line of bitcoin.
Activity: 980
Merit: 506
No. I don’t think that if bitcoin had stable price then it would have been this popular and users. This is because then there was no difference between banks and bitcoins. The matter of fact that people go for bitcoin over banks is its instability because of which its price fluctuate and have a high chance of increasing resulting in increase in your invested money. So bitcoins biggest weakness is its biggest strength which is it being not stable and not regulated by any government. Which has lead to its increased popularity and users.
The only reason everyone is here is because they want to make money, it’s only fools that will tell you they came for something different, maybe to ride a space ship. Bitcoin is a big investment, and we are lucky it’s in our time that this amazing opportunity was brought forth, so let’s not squander it and make proper use of it.

This is an opportunity that will help everyone that is serious to get rich in life, everyone that wants to make a change, an opportunity for those THAT WANTS TO CHANGE THEIR Life. And yes, no one will ever be interested if it becomes stable in price, but that I know it will never be.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 642
Bitcoin can still be popular because of its efficiency. People can easily pay bills and go shopping online with the use of bitcoin. You can also earn buy joining different kinds po campaign and get paid through bitcoin.

Yes. Combining it with the necessities of the people is the best idea it could have but that is unseen until now. Only countries which accepted it can really do it.
Merchants will have a hard time telling if there will be profit or none. It is a big risk that is why most of the services just created their own coin to avoid much fluctuations.
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
Bitcoin can still be popular because of its efficiency. People can easily pay bills and go shopping online with the use of bitcoin. You can also earn buy joining different kinds po campaign and get paid through bitcoin.
Activity: 126
Merit: 11
One of a kind
Clearly, bitcoin would not be as popular if it is not that stable. If we look at the status of bitcoin now a days, it shows a progressive trend which attracts more people to be part in bitcoin. In line with this people are becoming more aware of cryptocurrency as a matter of fact here in my country philippines it is now beginning to be well known through social medias and broadcasting companies.
Activity: 317
Merit: 250
I think it will be still used by people because bitcoin is not only an investment but also as a crypto currency. Infact the idea with which bitcoin was introduced in market was cryptocurreny nit an asset.  And it get popular because of its benefits it offer its users nit because it's fluctuates price value.  Bitcoin value increase with time it is a bonus.  But we can not forget that bitcoin is first a crypto currency, it get famous because It gives so much benefits. Bitcoin has several advantages.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037

I think no, because bitcoin become popular because of its value was changed every hours. If it is stable it is regular salary like the other job, so its not unique. Being unstable of it is their asset.
The main reason behind seeing this much increase in the number of investors who are investing in bitcoin is none other than the increasing price of bitcoin and that too on daily basis. I think this will be really hard for bitcoin to maintain its reputation when the market price of bitcoin will get stable. This will bring really a bad name to bitcoin and it will soon lose its popularity then.

Activity: 40
If BTC stable at Fixed range long time and up slowly will be better but now it only suitable for Short exchange
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029
I think if Bitcoin was a stable price bitcoin would be dead right now. Because people invest in bitcoin because the value is not stable. They make money because of this and that is what people want. That is why everyone is here right now.
I won't be surprised cause someone with your mentality apparently does not even understand the value of bitcoin and only see bitcoin as a get rich quick scheme. There is a difference between being less popular and being dead. Did you even hear yourself ?

There are so many things bitcoin is capable of helping one achieve and those values is what makes the demand to soar high, except for some of you who think about their pocket anyway. Decentralization, mode of payment, and so on and so forth is what is making bitcoin relevant today.
Activity: 419
Merit: 100
If bitcoin would have a stable price, then that means the benefits of using bitcoin would only be its low transaction fee and safety. Of course this is not an exhaustive list. But I suppose that bitcoin would not be as famous after all.
Definitely. There is a statement related to it, “Too much familiarity breeds contempt”. When there is shortage of bitcoins in the market then prices are getting higher and more people are getting in to make profits. Same is the case when you talk about stability. When it became stable, there will be no charm as of the gold now. So I second your sentence of it being popular.
Activity: 742
Merit: 329
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

I don't think so. The thing that makes bitcoin so popular is because of it's incredible great value. So, if it's value were to be lowered down, then there's no difference between it and a regular credit card. The only difference is you can earn it online.
Activity: 28

Well i think it would be popular for scammers and hackers. They want to hide their money so bitcoin is a option for them. They can just send their stolen money to bitcoin.

It will be safe their because the government can´t take them away and its locked only the owner can access it. If they don´t get hacked though.
Activity: 15
No because people would not be able to make profit from it and i think that is why bitcoin is growing right now because people see potential in bitcoin and they know they can make a lot out of it and that is why they all invest in it.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 500
A stable exchange price helps regarding the trust in that currency. Regarding the popularity i'd say that probably bitcoin wouldn't as popular as now but for sure there would be people who would use bitcoin. I mean, for example you can right down a post while you wait for your transportation so either if you make 5 or 30 dollars, it still is an income, it's like you get a beer for waiting the taxi...cool right? The beer amd the perspective.
Pages:
Jump to: