Pages:
Author

Topic: If BTC goes to $1000 or more, what would you do? - page 15. (Read 38410 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
'Slow and steady wins the race'
If btc goes to 1000, many here can retire or use it to fund or build more bitcoin businesses.

This is the key and along the lines of what I have planned, I would sell at least half of my coins and then start up a business that is well over due in the crypto scene. So yeh OP we go to $1000 I sell a nice chunk but that is not me out the game, I would be back to make more within a month.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 531
Metaverse 👾 Cyberweapons
I would sell some in order to make some cash I could use for different purposes but I would keep most of my BTC until I need to sell some again. From the remaining part I would continue supporting my current BTC projects and I would have the chance to realise projects that are sleeping as plans now awaiting for THE time.
Activity: 700
Merit: 501
Maybe cashout. I don't think I want to go through another crash like it was last year. Too much to lose.

It would only intelligent enough to cash out only if you are 100% certain that you are holding on a bubble thats about to burst. Next time that we hit 1k, we'll know a fact: Bitcoin can recover from a mega crash and hit ATH twice. Once you sell, there will be most likely a small correction back to 700's territory, then continue towards unseen higher prices. It's a big risk to abandon ship at the next 1K peak.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Maybe cashout. I don't think I want to go through another crash like it was last year. Too much to lose.
I think that will not repeat again. Btc is just to rise up higher and higher in long term.I will always keep 1 or 2 btc save who knows as someone wrote up may be price hit 100k$ and then ? I will see that 1 btc will cover all and everything if this happens.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

you can also sell a part of your coins to get back your initial investment and keep the profit in btc. which means you will not face any risk.
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 1514
Activity: 213
Merit: 100
If btc goes to 1000, many here can retire or use it to fund or build more bitcoin businesses.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1005
Bitcoin price will rise next years. IMHO next ATH will be 3000$. Mass adoption coming. Bitcoin is the best investment. If price will reach 5000$ I will sell my 50% of coins. Later I will be waiting for next ATH Smiley
$1000 would be a tough barrier to break through. It it hit $1000, I'd definately sell. It might go higher, but I doubt that it would go much higher.

The same tough barrier that was in November / December 2013?

The same was also said when bitcoin was about to reach dollar parity. (1 bitcoin = $1).

You never know what the future holds or what will happen in bitcoinland.
These both texts combined tell they whole story. Bitcoin is surprise and its price will give surprise to many people. If we can everyday adoption of Bitcoin and its total supply then the answer is future,not next month,in future price can touch even 50k$ per Bitcoin. I will sell my bitcoin in portion from 1000$ to 50k$.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!

lets see 52 BTC .... would be 52K usd

i have 1700 LTC lets say that is linked to btc and goes up to say 5 bucks from todays price so around say   8.5K

or about 60k ..yeah ......i'd walk around with a btc woodie for  week at least!

not sure if that qualifies as what would i do..but still likely true!

Activity: 252
if the price reaches $ 1,000 bitcoin I would invest a large scale by buying more shares in the company in the world, should you join me to buy it  Grin Grin
Activity: 462
I wouldn't do anything when the price hits $1,000. I do have a plan for what I'd do with my coins if the price ever reaches stratospheric levels but they involve amounts much larger than a couple of grand. Other posters have mentioned that many people by now have probably become disillusioned with Bitcoin because of the continuing fall in prices and perhaps some of those people might have lost faith in it but that doesn't change the fact that Bitcoin is an exciting and revolutionary technology. The potential upside is huge and because of this, I don't think I'd want to risk selling even 1/2 of my coins even if it means that I might miss out on the opportunity to scoop them back up for a cheaper price later on.

My ultimate plan is to sell 1/3 of my stash once BTC is enough to buy me a decent house ($50,000-$100,000 should do it). The other 1/3 will only be sold once the BTC price is worth ~$500,000-$1,000,000 which should be enough for me to retire on. The last remaining 1/3 will be hodled forever.

(I also have a small amount of BTC kept separately from the rest of my savings which I might use for occasional purchases, etc. but the bulk of my stash is kept as savings.)

I will sell all of my bitcoins and wait till when the prices again goes down may be around $100 or $200 so i can get back into business again. But if it hits $1000 would sell it off and enjoy the profit by investing some where else where less investment is required.

Why would the price drop down to $100-200 after rising to over $1,000? I mean, sure it happened once in the past but that's no guarantee that the exact same thing will happen again if Bitcoin decides to spike. When the price spiked from $13 to $265 in early 2013, it never once again reached the low double digits. Someone who sold all their coins during the peak and waited for the price to go back down to $13 would have had no bitcoins by the time the price jumped up to $1,200 in November.
Activity: 631
Merit: 500
I will sell all of my bitcoins and wait till when the prices again goes down may be around $100 or $200 so i can get back into business again. But if it hits $1000 would sell it off and enjoy the profit by investing some where else where less investment is required.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008
$1000 would be a tough barrier to break through. It it hit $1000, I'd definately sell. It might go higher, but I doubt that it would go much higher.

The same was also said when bitcoin was about to reach dollar parity. (1 bitcoin = $1).

But for now the trend is going up so it has a chance to go higher because of that and that 1bitcoin = $1 is a very long time ago I dont think it will go back, if later if they go back I think there must be high wall against it
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin price will rise next years. IMHO next ATH will be 3000$. Mass adoption coming. Bitcoin is the best investment. If price will reach 5000$ I will sell my 50% of coins. Later I will be waiting for next ATH Smiley
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

Activity: 322
Hmm, I don't see that about the Winklevii selling any coin anywhere especially the Press section:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=77.0

I did a quick Google News search as well and came up empty.  I think you misread an article or are mistaken.

Check this:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11169779

I am not sure about this. The news link says that "At one time they owned 1% of all mined bitcoin". It can be interpreted in different ways.
You mean like, when there were 10,000,000 bitcoins, they owned 1%, which is 100,000 coins, but eventually there are 14-15 million coins, so they no longer have 1% right?
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
Hmm, I don't see that about the Winklevii selling any coin anywhere especially the Press section:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=77.0

I did a quick Google News search as well and came up empty.  I think you misread an article or are mistaken.

Check this:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11169779

I am not sure about this. The news link says that "At one time they owned 1% of all mined bitcoin". It can be interpreted in different ways.
Activity: 552
Merit: 255
I am waiting for the same to take profit for my investment in bitcoins. I will sell 60% of my coins and hold remaining coins.
M95
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Sell 50% off my coins and keep the other 50% for if it ever skyrockets in worth.
Activity: 322
I bet the Winklewii won't sell even a single bitcoin at $1000.

According to a news article posted in the Press section here, they have already offloaded most of their coins. I was very disappointed when I heard the news. They bought their coins in 2012, when the exchange rate was like $5 per coin. They should have shown a bit more patience. But I can't blame them either. A lot of people are giving up... And I am about to offload some 45% of my coins very soon.  Angry
This is good news, if it's true, I think. Big investors would be hesitant to invest in something that is controlled by a few people that isn't themselves.
Pages:
Jump to: