Pages:
Author

Topic: If btc -> moon and you no longer need to work, what will you do with your time? - page 3. (Read 4925 times)

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014
retire to thailand or somewhere like that
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
In my opinion, all these scenarios will not happen, unfortunately, for the vast majority of bitcoiners.
It is impossible for most of us to NOT sell out with 1000% gains (measly 3000/coin or 5000 for those with higher average).
I know (from stock experience) that i can't resist selling once i hit a ten-bagger on a particular stock.
Others will sell with even lower % gains, but 10 bagger is my personal line which i was never able to cross, and am not expecting to resist selling again.

This arena attracts a particular breed. You still have to be a little bit off it to get into it at this stage. I can't see many feeling loyal towards a stock, BTC is pretty unique and will always have its die hards who'll sit it out wherever it's going. There's a lot of emotion, ideology and bloody mindedness invested.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 3848
In my opinion, all these scenarios will not happen, unfortunately, for the vast majority of bitcoiners.
It is impossible for most of us to NOT sell out with 1000% gains (measly 3000/coin or 5000 for those with higher average).
I know (from stock experience) that i can't resist selling once i hit a ten-bagger on a particular stock.
Others will sell with even lower % gains, but 10 bagger is my personal line which i was never able to cross, and am not expecting to resist selling again.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Obviously this is a fantasy thread. I'm not suggesting this will happen.
Leissure time: Art, music, women.
Activity: 521
Merit: 500
fap till death

Spend the rest of my days fapping

You realize that if BTC goes to the moon you will not need to engage in that. You can throw money at it and enjoy Grin
Activity: 748
I will try to change the world for some time (the microworld around me of course  Grin ) to the better place....then when retire =) playing video games or whatever name it will have in the future and spend some quality time with friends and family on one of mine 15 yachts  Grin
Activity: 86
Merit: 16
fap till death

Spend the rest of my days fapping

Shame that so many Bitcoiners are bedroom-dwelling teenage losers. I hope those kind of people never get rich, what a waste.
Activity: 490
I think I would spend a lot of time in Hospital ER's etc. "Oh, you cant afford your operation?" YES you can! Smiley

That's an awesome idea!! Cheesy

I'd probably keep working on my field, but I'd able to only take the projects I believe in, and not accept them just for the money.
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 7490
Crypto Swap Exchange
I will make a charity organization / make a huge game developer company Smiley
And i'll traveling around the world

OR i just playing video games all the day Roll Eyes
Activity: 244
Merit: 250
I think I would spend a lot of time in Hospital ER's etc. "Oh, you cant afford your operation?" YES you can! Smiley
Activity: 350
Honest 80s business!
I'd just continue working, I think it's not very smart to just let your life drift by... You start to become crazy if there's no goal. Well if you're pursuing some interesting hobby that keeps you alive, maybe you can retire, yeah...
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007
I'll just continue trolling on bitcointalk from an ocean yacht. If you think about it long enough, there is no "bigger" meaning in life, so pick any occupation which is completely pointless and irrelevant on a grand scale of things and enjoy it.

What he said. Same emptiness of it all, but now with 200% more caviar.*

* I don't really believe in the common "moon" scenarios. I think there's a solid chance price will crack $1000 again, but I'm not convinced it'll ever get near $10,000, let alone $100,000.
Activity: 322
There are thousands of things in my mind but the first thing which I'll hop on to will be to travel around the world and carry with me my stash of bitcoin for spending. I just want to interact with people around the world, meeting fellow bitcoiners and have a first hand look on how they use the coins for their daily spending.
well, if bitcoin reaches the moon, it has reached mainstream and thus there would be no more bitcoiners; just people with money
Q7
Activity: 448
There are thousands of things in my mind but the first thing which I'll hop on to will be to travel around the world and carry with me my stash of bitcoin for spending. I just want to interact with people around the world, meeting fellow bitcoiners and have a first hand look on how they use the coins for their daily spending.
Activity: 481
Quit my job and play online games all day long. Be highest level on MMORPG and pawn boss...
pa
Activity: 528
Merit: 501
I'll continue working but transition to part time. I'll write a book or two.
sgk
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
!! HODL !!
Obviously this is a fantasy thread. I'm not suggesting this will happen.

I will travel around the world until my body supports it.

You see something new out there in the world and that changes your view of the things and your attitude towards life.
Imagine doing this every day and what value this could bring to your life!

For as long as your body supports it, you mean, I think? I agree, though. We are children of the world, we should be able to go whereever we want, whenever we want. Shame that the current world economy doesn't like that very much.

That is a shame those with the lack of funds are prisoners in the country they reside, i mean some can't even afford a passport even if they wanted to leave. I would work for myself setting up many businesses i don't think there is a better way than to keep working just on your own terms to your own schedule. If it went crazily to the moon like 10,000 i would take a trip to space in the next few years, i would buy land maybe in Thailand and live out my life by the shore with no financial care Smiley

Yes, I wanted to say "as long as my body supports it".

I always wanted to travel more and more from the day I was a kid. I mean what's the point in living your entire life in a particular region? Thanks to the internet, we now have a way to at least know about what's happening in the world outside of our locality. When you see something you have never seen before, you realize what you didn't know and that changes your whole attitude towards life (and death).

If Bitcoin reaches $10,000 or more, I'm dedicating my life to traveling.
Activity: 322

I'm imagining , say, a bitcoin moon scenario bring one where it becomes global money. The 21m xbt = $xxx trillions

I don't think the people with billions of dollars and very little Bitcoin will just allow massive wealth redistribution without *some* kind of interference.

It's all about timing, they won't do anything until it's apparant BTC is a problem in that regard, but they need to not leave it too late in case they can't stop it.

It's not necessarily a wealth redistribution, at least not unless bitcoin reaches say 1-2M. I'm pretty sure most of us won't be too upset to settle for say 100,000-200,000 in 5 years.

At that point, it's really just new technology minting new elites, just as computers have done, the internet has done, mobile has done...
WW3
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
Invest in someone to research this and find a way to make it happen for real in todays world.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 3848
Continue to work, as I do now...
I own my own business and it's as close to guaranteed income as one can get. There is no guarantee I will ever get all of my money out of Bitcoin if I wanted to. Besides, Bitcoin is just a nice bonus to my retirement account as long as it doesn't die.

same. you also highlighted potentially the biggest obstacle... "There is no guarantee I will ever get all of my money out of Bitcoin"

there are countless potential problems with a bitcoin moon scenario. i don't think its as easy as retiring to a yacht without a care in the world.

call me misguided but I have this vision of moon-bitcoin days in the future when I just have a bitcoin debit card that I live off... or bitcoin is a sufficiently recognised medium of exchange I can just pay for things straight with it, and so on.

sgbett care to share some of the possible problems with a massive increase in btc value?

to be honest I have no idea what I would do apart from live life as normal and just be a bit more relaxed about the future.

I'm imagining , say, a bitcoin moon scenario bring one where it becomes global money. The 21m xbt = $xxx trillions

I don't think the people with billions of dollars and very little Bitcoin will just allow massive wealth redistribution without *some* kind of interference.

It's all about timing, they won't do anything until it's apparant BTC is a problem in that regard, but they need to not leave it too late in case they can't stop it.

it would not be a problem if bitcoin develops very slowly....they will have many decades to adapt and redistribute.
gold is typically 1-5% in super rich portfolios...so they may replace some part of their gold allocation with btc for starters.
Pages:
Jump to: