Pages:
Author

Topic: If btc -> moon and you no longer need to work, what will you do with your time? - page 4. (Read 4925 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Obviously this is a fantasy thread. I'm not suggesting this will happen.
invite family for a vacation, because we never vacationed together before. then I want to be happy that his adoptive families poor enough Sad
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087
Continue to work, as I do now...
I own my own business and it's as close to guaranteed income as one can get. There is no guarantee I will ever get all of my money out of Bitcoin if I wanted to. Besides, Bitcoin is just a nice bonus to my retirement account as long as it doesn't die.

same. you also highlighted potentially the biggest obstacle... "There is no guarantee I will ever get all of my money out of Bitcoin"

there are countless potential problems with a bitcoin moon scenario. i don't think its as easy as retiring to a yacht without a care in the world.

call me misguided but I have this vision of moon-bitcoin days in the future when I just have a bitcoin debit card that I live off... or bitcoin is a sufficiently recognised medium of exchange I can just pay for things straight with it, and so on.

sgbett care to share some of the possible problems with a massive increase in btc value?

to be honest I have no idea what I would do apart from live life as normal and just be a bit more relaxed about the future.

I'm imagining , say, a bitcoin moon scenario bring one where it becomes global money. The 21m xbt = $xxx trillions

I don't think the people with billions of dollars and very little Bitcoin will just allow massive wealth redistribution without *some* kind of interference.

It's all about timing, they won't do anything until it's apparant BTC is a problem in that regard, but they need to not leave it too late in case they can't stop it.

Activity: 364
"to be or not to be, that is the bitcoin"
... I might enjoy a few all night dance parties here and there.  The brain can't really grow optimally without some decompression. 

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a217/armedsvt/gurn7az.jpg

trust me, the brain can grow optimally without those all night dance parties   Cheesy

I would create, irritate and explore. I do that anyway but I'd just intensify my efforts.

What examples do we have of people who've already made bank?

they buy RE, cars and yachts by the dozen, LOL
Could not sleep yesterday and watched the "filthy rich guide" on CNBC last night...bizarro.

One guy had a house of two football field size with 100 rooms and 39 bathrooms, but needed more bathrooms.
larry Ellison (Oracle) bought 12 houses on the same malibu beach
Some asian dude had the 600 car garage, another built a 400 feet yacht, etc, etc.

most of them do not exlore much anymore. It looks like they run out of ideas what to do with all this largesse (there are exceptions, of course, such as Bill Gates, Richard Branson, etc.)

those people got it wrong at the beginning when they started the journey to riches... now their brains are so shrunken in perspective that they cannot comprehend how they might create for themselves fulfilling lives without actually spending money...  there is a threshold of wealth that doesn't = more happiness, and these fucks just keep wasting all that dough on random empty shit
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031
If I had all the free time in the world I'd probably spend it studying math and computer science.  I feel like my brain is always growing and developing so I wouldn't want to waste that.  And well... I might enjoy a few all night dance parties here and there.  The brain can't really grow optimally without some decompression. 
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 3848
I would create, irritate and explore. I do that anyway but I'd just intensify my efforts.

they buy RE, cars and yachts by the dozen, LOL
Could not sleep yesterday and watched the "filthy rich guide" on CNBC last night...bizarro.

One guy had a house of two football field size with 100 rooms and 39 bathrooms, but needed more bathrooms.
larry Ellison (Oracle) bought 12 houses on the same malibu beach
Some asian dude had the 600 car garage, another built a 400 feet yacht, etc, etc.

most of them do not exlore much anymore. It looks like they run out of ideas what to do with all this largesse (there are exceptions, of course, such as Bill Gates, Richard Branson, etc.)
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht

Activity: 521
Merit: 500
To be honest I never really thought about it as I do not see it happening. But if it does happen I will pick up projects to my liking and work on them, instead of being forced to do what I am given. Maybe I will open my own company too.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

I will travel around the world until my body supports it.

You see something new out there in the world and that changes your view of the things and your attitude towards life.
Imagine doing this every day and what value this could bring to your life!

For as long as your body supports it, you mean, I think? I agree, though. We are children of the world, we should be able to go whereever we want, whenever we want. Shame that the current world economy doesn't like that very much.

That is a shame those with the lack of funds are prisoners in the country they reside, i mean some can't even afford a passport even if they wanted to leave. I would work for myself setting up many businesses i don't think there is a better way than to keep working just on your own terms to your own schedule. If it went crazily to the moon like 10,000 i would take a trip to space in the next few years, i would buy land maybe in Thailand and live out my life by the shore with no financial care Smiley
legendary
Bitcoin already reached "the moon" in 2013, with fake fiat provided by Willy.
Going there again or beyond requires bitcoin to survive long enough for the block reward halving.
In the absence of a new "killer app" for bitcoin, market movements should resemble those of 2012.
A lot of new speculative fiat would only enter exchanges after reaching 1000+$ again,
with the speculative plan to dump at 3-4-5000$ for a quick profit. I doubt the market can reach
above 1000$ without the block reward halving or a new "killer app".

If bitcoin will reach 3-4000$ in 2016, I will be busy the next 18 - 24 months shorting the hell out of it. Grin

I have no idea where bitcoin will be in the next 2-3 years, but i know that GBTC will have 'just' ~1 mil shares initially.
Without COIN trading as well, this seems to look like a bottleneck for institutional investment as they (mutual funds, etc) cannot invest in bitcoin directly.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074
Bitcoin already reached "the moon" in 2013, with fake fiat provided by Willy.
Going there again or beyond requires bitcoin to survive long enough for the block reward halving.
In the absence of a new "killer app" for bitcoin, market movements should resemble those of 2012.
A lot of new speculative fiat would only enter exchanges after reaching 1000+$ again,
with the speculative plan to dump at 3-4-5000$ for a quick profit. I doubt the market can reach
above 1000$ without the block reward halving or a new "killer app".

If bitcoin will reach 3-4000$ in 2016, I will be busy the next 18 - 24 months shorting the hell out of it. Grin
legendary
i too would concentrate my efforts/money toward life extension/quasi-immortality. alzheimer's too. and traveling.

that would be cool.
something in between "Immortalists" and "Schild's Ladder" (although it is quite distant future)
Activity: 252

You see something new out there in the world and that changes your view of the things and your attitude towards life.

For as long as your body supports it, you mean, I think? I agree, though. We are children of the world, we should be able to go whereever we want, whenever we want. Shame that the current world economy doesn't like that very much.
sgk
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
!! HODL !!

Activity: 322
Thing to consider is you might be able to hold the secret, but how about your wife? Or your child? It's not so easy. People aren't blind, and people have this want to show off, i think. Adults might have self control, children might not have as much (obviously not always true).

Also, if I get significantly rich, say $50M+ in PV of USD, I would avoid anything vaguely dangerous. Diving deep lakes, sky diving, climbing mt. everest... stuff like that I would AVOID.

After defying all odds and obtaining enough money for an awesome worry-free life, why in the world would you want to risk that for just a little bit of temporary pleasure? Oh, which reminds me, I'd drive my lambourghini at no more than 60km/h. I don't care if you honk at me. Cheesy
Activity: 239
Merit: 100
Build a nice, big house preferably somewhere far up north, cold and remote. Invest my capital in something with practically guaranteed consistent, long-term positive return/growth to make sure I maintain enough wealth for relative economic freedom until I'm dead. Spend the rest of my days fapping, doing drugs and reading up on random information on the internet.

Also I've always wanted to buy a gladius.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin
I would start living my life with full lungs, travel around the world and on all seas and oceans, would climb mountains, dive deepest lakes, shore sites and caves.
Would likely also try skydiving, surfing, driving a plane and much more.

It would be interesting to see life from shoes of a person that doesn't look at prices or judge by them.
But one thing i wouldn't do is to share information of my wealth, not even to most family members, it would be just me, my wife, and kids, and the whole new world ahead of us.
It sure does sound sweet  ..

cheers
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010
Borsche
I'll just continue trolling on bitcointalk from an ocean yacht. If you think about it long enough, there is no "bigger" meaning in life, so pick any occupation which is completely pointless and irrelevant on a grand scale of things and enjoy it.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035
I will look into investing strategies and binary trading to expand, and go to gym daily.

I would also probably stroll around in the city enjoying my free time while others are busy and have to work Cool Grin Maybe buy a motorbike/motocross too. Would come up with shit to do on the fly most likely too, do some traveling and adventuring etc.
Activity: 252
i would directly stop with working and buy myself a new house in a nice sunny country.
that would be amazing. but unfortunately it is only fantasy.

It's only fantasy for now, buddy. There are loads and loads of opportunities in this very young economy. True, most of us are more experienced with money than people would've been in the early days of fiat, but it's something!
legendary
Activity: 896
i would directly stop with working and buy myself a new house in a nice sunny country.
that would be amazing. but unfortunately it is only fantasy.
Pages:
Jump to: