Pages:
Author

Topic: If btc -> moon and you no longer need to work, what will you do with your time? - page 5. (Read 4925 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
I'd do anything I want. Skydiving, rolling around in a Tesla, smoking a lot of kush... Basically what I'm doing now (minus the tesla) without any financial responsibilities... That's the life! Unfortunately I'd need a lot more bitcoin to ever accomplish that, even if btc would hit the moon.
Activity: 392
i too would concentrate my efforts/money toward life extension/quasi-immortality. alzheimer's too. and traveling.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

I am reminded of a quote..

“Compared to the breadth of knowledge yet to be known, what does your life actually matter?"
Depends on the frame of reference. To you, nothing. To other people, nothing. To me, everything.

To be clear I wasn't referring to your grandfather. Instead finding the posts describing using the money for advancing science to be noble.
Activity: 322

“Compared to the breadth of knowledge yet to be known, what does your life actually matter?"
Depends on the frame of reference. To you, nothing. To other people, nothing. To me, everything.
Activity: 242
Establish a private space company.
legendary
I just read that Australians have developed this cure for Alzheimer's with ultrasound that worked on 75% of lab rats. They're planning to do further experiments on bunnies or something, and possibly human clinical trials in 2017.

IF bitcoin takes off then, and I have accumulated a good amount of it such that I will have a significant net worth, and IF this cure seems promising then, I'm willing to spend all of it to have my grandfather cured, if he is still curable at that time.  Cry

If not, especially if bitcoin takes off soon after, and my grandfather misses this cure by a short amount of time, I bet I'd feel guilty for the rest of my life. That said, if that happens, or if bitcoin takes off much later, or if it doesn't cost that much, I'd spend the rest of the money buying some property around the world and become a perpetual traveler, while trying out the top restaurants in the world one by one.

Other than that, I agree with a guy above, I'd like to do some investments/donations to human life extension and other tech research. I strongly believe that donations to create technological abundance is more useful than donations to charity that gives food and clothes to homeless people, for example. It's like giving a man a fish vs teaching a man to fish.

Activity: 322
I just read that Australians have developed this cure for Alzheimer's with ultrasound that worked on 75% of lab rats. They're planning to do further experiments on bunnies or something, and possibly human clinical trials in 2017.

IF bitcoin takes off then, and I have accumulated a good amount of it such that I will have a significant net worth, and IF this cure seems promising then, I'm willing to spend all of it to have my grandfather cured, if he is still curable at that time.  Cry

If not, especially if bitcoin takes off soon after, and my grandfather misses this cure by a short amount of time, I bet I'd feel guilty for the rest of my life. That said, if that happens, or if bitcoin takes off much later, or if it doesn't cost that much, I'd spend the rest of the money buying some property around the world and become a perpetual traveler, while trying out the top restaurants in the world one by one.

Other than that, I agree with a guy above, I'd like to do some investments/donations to human life extension and other tech research. I strongly believe that donations to create technological abundance is more useful than donations to charity that gives food and clothes to homeless people, for example. It's like giving a man a fish vs teaching a man to fish.
Activity: 364
"to be or not to be, that is the bitcoin"
Continue to work, as I do now...
I own my own business and it's as close to guaranteed income as one can get. There is no guarantee I will ever get all of my money out of Bitcoin if I wanted to. Besides, Bitcoin is just a nice bonus to my retirement account as long as it doesn't die.

same. you also highlighted potentially the biggest obstacle... "There is no guarantee I will ever get all of my money out of Bitcoin"

there are countless potential problems with a bitcoin moon scenario. i don't think its as easy as retiring to a yacht without a care in the world.

call me misguided but I have this vision of moon-bitcoin days in the future when I just have a bitcoin debit card that I live off... or bitcoin is a sufficiently recognised medium of exchange I can just pay for things straight with it, and so on.

sgbett care to share some of the possible problems with a massive increase in btc value?

to be honest I have no idea what I would do apart from live life as normal and just be a bit more relaxed about the future.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087
I own my own business and it's as close to guaranteed income as one can get. There is no guarantee I will ever get all of my money out of Bitcoin if I wanted to. Besides, Bitcoin is just a nice bonus to my retirement account as long as it doesn't die.

same. you also highlighted potentially the biggest obstacle... "There is no guarantee I will ever get all of my money out of Bitcoin"

there are countless potential problems with a bitcoin moon scenario. i don't think its as easy as retiring to a yacht without a care in the world.
legendary
I would continue to work as i love my profession.

Another house and a 50 foot yacht wouldn't hurt Smiley
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
Even if I don't need to work, then I will continue with what I was doing.

Perhaps starting a new business as extra, or buying myself into a few tech startups.

My life won't be much different at this point. What's important for me is that when I retire I have plenty of funds to live from. That's my goal.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World
i dont know something similar like in star trek they dont have money only lithium or what was is name but this is interesting subject.
really what to do with the time
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009
Legen -wait for it- dary
Activity: 146
Merit: 100
I've always thought it would feel reeeeeeealy good to stock up on a pile of $100bills, then walk through a city handing one out to each homeless person you see. I realise that this won't help them as much as giving to a homeless shelter, but it will make me feel better!
Activity: 164
Merit: 100
Research on bio technologies to cure diseases, try to improve quality of life, help spreading knowledge, making earth a better place, research on how to extend human lives.
Activity: 854
Merit: 503
Legendary trader
Help people with problems. Not blatantly spoiling them with money but rather by coaching and assisting so they learn to manage their own.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1013
Sleeping a lot, building a personal fallout shelter, making video games.
Pages:
Jump to: