Pages:
Author

Topic: If someone buys Bitcoin today, they'll be lucky to see a 300%+ ROI. - page 2. (Read 17741 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 504
Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks
If I want to buy something online I will only pay in Bitcoin unless it's not available with a merchant who accepts Bitcoin.

I buy on Coinbase and then use those Bitcoins to pay for my order. I think there's a large enough community where if more did this it would greatly affect the Bitcoin economy.

Honestly I think Bitcoin can easily hit $125,000 per coin in a few years. Considering the sheer size of the mining infrastructure, the scope of the new innovations on the horizon, the ones that we know about...

I think the exchange price is irrelevant right now; it doesn't reflect any weakness or limit it's potential growth.

I guess we'll see how it turns out. I wish I had the opportunity to get in when you did. I hadn't even heard about Bitcoin until November 2013...

Paying for stuff with BTC does NOT help at all. Because the retailer or merchant simply dump that BTC into the market and covert it back into fiat. The only way BTC will go up is when the people who you pay with BTC, once again use it to pay others and a proper cycle is formed. Tipping with BTC helps since there is a chance that that person will once again rotate BTC to someone else.

The day we see people getting PAID in BTC as salaries is when it becomes a real currency. But then again, the price of BTC will not be so low like as well. So now is a good time to buy BTC!

This. The only salary you can make with BTC now are laughable, like sig campaings and what not, waste of time unless you are in a 3rd world country or something. You can make more flipping burgers in any developed country.

OP has been spot on. The only way Bitcoin can take off now is it simply gets trendy as fuck with correct marketing and so on, if it becomes a "cool" thing to own/use, because for the common folk it's pretty pointless, unless it's cool.

or unless they make money with it.....
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
If I want to buy something online I will only pay in Bitcoin unless it's not available with a merchant who accepts Bitcoin.

I buy on Coinbase and then use those Bitcoins to pay for my order. I think there's a large enough community where if more did this it would greatly affect the Bitcoin economy.

Honestly I think Bitcoin can easily hit $125,000 per coin in a few years. Considering the sheer size of the mining infrastructure, the scope of the new innovations on the horizon, the ones that we know about...

I think the exchange price is irrelevant right now; it doesn't reflect any weakness or limit it's potential growth.

I guess we'll see how it turns out. I wish I had the opportunity to get in when you did. I hadn't even heard about Bitcoin until November 2013...

Paying for stuff with BTC does NOT help at all. Because the retailer or merchant simply dump that BTC into the market and covert it back into fiat. The only way BTC will go up is when the people who you pay with BTC, once again use it to pay others and a proper cycle is formed. Tipping with BTC helps since there is a chance that that person will once again rotate BTC to someone else.

The day we see people getting PAID in BTC as salaries is when it becomes a real currency. But then again, the price of BTC will not be so low like as well. So now is a good time to buy BTC!

This. The only salary you can make with BTC now are laughable, like sig campaings and what not, waste of time unless you are in a 3rd world country or something. You can make more flipping burgers in any developed country.

OP has been spot on. The only way Bitcoin can take off now is it simply gets trendy as fuck with correct marketing and so on, if it becomes a "cool" thing to own/use, because for the common folk it's pretty pointless, unless it's cool.

I make good money programing computers and I'm paid in BTC.
Activity: 153
Merit: 100

Activity: 530
Merit: 250

Activity: 153
Merit: 100
Author of this thread is pretty accurate on his analysis and what is happening to bitcoin now.
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
Stories about Bit coin and other digital currencies are all more than the media these days.
Coin pursuit is site explains a lot more about Bit coins. The heart of Coin Pursuit is information. The internet site includes a glossary of terms unique to the crypto currency field, and thoroughly-researched articles in plain English which discuss trends and concerns affecting investors. In the spirit of maintaining the internet site dynamic and up-to-date, both the glossary and write-up sections will be updated on a regular basis. There is also a forum where members can share experiences and exchange trading guidelines with their fellow investors.
To check out Visit: - www.coinpursuit.com

Anyone who calls it Bit coin knows nothing about Bitcoin.
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
It is going down, who knows for how long.
legendary
Activity: 1762
Merit: 1011
I do not plan to take financial advice from someone who sells at the bottom.

lol. I'm still holding, but if I'd sold when this guy did, I'd have more money to invest now at half the price.

just read the article on your blog - you totally have valid points yet.. i personally keep alot of BTC, i wouldnt sell all at this point. it may go agai nto 1k$. 10k? nah i dont believe that.

Gday, you have some interesting points, but you timing to sell btc, is as bad as your choice in altcoins Smiley

You guys do know that this was written back in the first week of March, and he finished selling when the price was in the $600 range?
Activity: 644
Merit: 504
Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks
Bitcoin only has 500K-2M users, has all this venture capitalist money, wink & nods from tech celebrities and a lot of newspaper coverage.   Why has the userbase expansion slowed down to nothing?  

Because the price is going down.

And by all measures it is indeed still too complex for mainstream adopters. But we are getting there and as you have mentioned this goes for any crypto.

It cannot grow the way of the Internet because joining the Internet did not necessitate consumers to divest their financial holdings from the system that has managed them their whole life.

Converting USD to BTC is not as simple as stopping writing letters and using email.

The challenges for a completely nascent money technology to be adopted are considerably more difficult than what any other technology has to face.

Whatever mainstream Bitcoin FUD you can think of, it needs to be the one to succeed  because if it fails, the public's trust for EVERY other cryptocurrencies goes down with it.

This success will require education of the masses, a lot of greed, and a little bit of luck. Meanwhile technologists are actively building the infrastructure to support this network of people until the next rally brings aboard a whole new fleet of adopters.

Activity: 433
Merit: 250
Gday, you have some interesting points, but you timing to sell btc, is as bad as your choice in altcoins Smiley
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
http://fuk.io - check it out!
just read the article on your blog - you totally have valid points yet.. i personally keep alot of BTC, i wouldnt sell all at this point. it may go agai nto 1k$. 10k? nah i dont believe that.
legendary
Activity: 1615
Merit: 1000
IPCoinz: In brief, it's possible for a second, secret blockchain to exist. It would, however, be a separate chain, just another altcoin. There's no way afaik to create secret coins, sine the definition of a valid unit of Bitcoin is that it is acknowledged by the public blockchain, traceable to the first block the coins in question were created in. Creating an alternate chain won't help no matter how much processing power you throw at it, since coins originating from such a chain would be rejected by honest nodes who have a copy of the proper blockchain.
Activity: 63
Activity: 869
Merit: 585
Quote from: IPCoinz link=topic=496365.msg7332155#msg7332155 [/quote

point me to the right threads

Take the U of Nicosia Bitcoin mooc:
http://mooc.universityofnicosia-online.com/pages/login.php
Since you're still reading this, I gotta ask...

Do you plan to get back in when you spot the next bottom? Also, I noticed your call of $2 was actually off by a month. You posted that in October 2011 but Bitcoin didn't hit $2 till mid-November.

Bitcoin seems, to me, to be traded like a commodity. We know exactly how many Bitcoin there are, so selling out of everything and trying to call the bottom with certainty is a fool's errand. Granted you've done it before, and I see you noticed this as well, but don't you potentially see that happening again? Someone with millions or perhaps billions wanting to stockpile such an easily-manipulated currency?

Theoretically, yes, we know how many bitcoin there are supposed to be.  But I challenge you to prove to me that there is not, or cannot be, a shadow blockchain where a hidden cahce of bitcoin exist that can be shuttled on and off the "real" blockchain.  Doesnt MT Gox expose the prevalence of bots manipulating BTC price and volume with shadow/imaginary USD already?  Just a thought. 

Satoshi Nakamoto was not a lone gunman, he is a front for the leading edge of cryptography, which is a science funded by government intelligence agencies.  If youre in crypto, your job is paid by government grants, thats a fact.  Whoever started this whole thing was not independent of the NSA and the other usual suspects. 

They tricked us with the internet (though we almost won it away from them - until the United States Agency of Google stole it back), and they are duping us with this ridiculous meme that some Japanese hermit spontaneously birthed the blockchain, and nobody knew about its significance until the early adopters magically got rich.  Since the genesis block, the network is being carefully nurtured (and diligently pruned) by hidden hands, and those hidden hands know that whoever controls hashing power controls bitcoin, and therefore it has to be under the purview of the NSA. 

Conspiracy theories aside, I am highly skeptical that fake BTC do not exist somewhere in an underground shadow network with 100x the processing power of the rest of the world combined, processing power paid for by USD being printed faster now than even scamcoins are proliferating.

wow. Wasn't expecting to read this kind of stuff in 2014.
You have some reading to do mate.

admittedly... point me to the right threads
Activity: 490
Merit: 500

Do you plan to get back in when you spot the next bottom? Also, I noticed your call of $2 was actually off by a month. You posted that in October 2011 but Bitcoin didn't hit $2 till mid-November.

Bitcoin seems, to me, to be traded like a commodity. We know exactly how many Bitcoin there are, so selling out of everything and trying to call the bottom with certainty is a fool's errand. Granted you've done it before, and I see you noticed this as well, but don't you potentially see that happening again? Someone with millions or perhaps billions wanting to stockpile such an easily-manipulated currency?

Theoretically, yes, we know how many bitcoin there are supposed to be.  But I challenge you to prove to me that there is not, or cannot be, a shadow blockchain where a hidden cahce of bitcoin exist that can be shuttled on and off the "real" blockchain.  Doesnt MT Gox expose the prevalence of bots manipulating BTC price and volume with shadow/imaginary USD already?  Just a thought. 

Satoshi Nakamoto was not a lone gunman, he is a front for the leading edge of cryptography, which is a science funded by government intelligence agencies.  If youre in crypto, your job is paid by government grants, thats a fact.  Whoever started this whole thing was not independent of the NSA and the other usual suspects. 

They tricked us with the internet (though we almost won it away from them - until the United States Agency of Google stole it back), and they are duping us with this ridiculous meme that some Japanese hermit spontaneously birthed the blockchain, and nobody knew about its significance until the early adopters magically got rich.  Since the genesis block, the network is being carefully nurtured (and diligently pruned) by hidden hands, and those hidden hands know that whoever controls hashing power controls bitcoin, and therefore it has to be under the purview of the NSA. 

Conspiracy theories aside, I am highly skeptical that fake BTC do not exist somewhere in an underground shadow network with 100x the processing power of the rest of the world combined, processing power paid for by USD being printed faster now than even scamcoins are proliferating.

wow. Wasn't expecting to read this kind of stuff in 2014.
You have some reading to do mate.
legendary
Activity: 1178
Merit: 1014
Hodling since 2011.®
legendary
Activity: 1473
Merit: 1086

what?..
Activity: 869
Merit: 585

Pages:
Jump to: