Pages:
Author

Topic: If the bitcoin holder dies - page 2. (Read 856 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
December 26, 2017, 02:15:11 PM
Its of course the case where Bitcoin can be lost forever.
if your inheritors do not know those keys, there is almost no way they can get your bitcoin.
Activity: 446
Merit: 13
December 26, 2017, 01:45:06 PM
Dear team

I need to know that if a bitcoin holder dies with 100btc. Then what happended to btc ? Useless
If family member knows no problem. What if not

Hi there udayantha11! You got a point in there. If a man with a bank account dies and no one withdraw his money in the bank until to the point the bank close his account, the money will go directly to the bank. In the case of bitcoin, when the bitcoin is stored in an online wallet and the wallet provider notice that the bitcoin is never been touch or no activity from the user for about so many year. I think the wallet company will acquire the bitcoins. And for the lesson, be sure that one of your family or relatives knew that you have bitcoins.  Wink
Activity: 381
Merit: 101
December 25, 2017, 02:21:55 AM
Dear team

I need to know that if a bitcoin holder dies with 100btc. Then what happended to btc ? Useless
useless yes, if no one know your wallet, that's why we must anticipate this, we dont know when we die right!
for me, i have brother, i will tell him anything about bitcoin, wallet, private key and etc. also all my important email
I already think about this over and over for now. i have wrote all thing on a piece of paper in case something happen to me. i told my wife that all my account on that paper. yeah. everything i write it down on a piece of paper. in hope it can help them someday if something happen to me.
Activity: 798
Merit: 17
2023 would most likely be as bearish as 2022
December 25, 2017, 01:55:17 AM
Dear team

if it really happens then the bitcoin that he has will be lost and make the supply decreases. so to avoid that we should give our personal wallet's key to the person we trust or write it in the will.

yes in our life we have trust at least one person in our life. in these cases we have to give our private keys and other necessary details. I got lot of information from this.

Activity: 322
Merit: 100
December 25, 2017, 01:42:51 AM
Dear team

if it really happens then the bitcoin that he has will be lost and make the supply decreases. so to avoid that we should give our personal wallet's key to the person we trust or write it in the will.
Activity: 336
WINSTARS - We are changing the face of gambling
December 24, 2017, 08:21:38 PM
If you do not have a private key, you will not get access to the wallet. For this reason, smart people, I think, duplicate their secret keys and store them in bank cells.
Activity: 70
Merit: 6
December 24, 2017, 08:18:25 PM
He will take them to the afterlife and be rich there.
I laughed so hard at this  Grin
Activity: 266
December 24, 2017, 08:12:12 PM
It's better to tell or teach our loved ones about bitcoin before anything bad happened to us. This will ensure that they will benefit from our hard earned money.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
December 24, 2017, 07:57:58 PM
They will be lost permanently unless the holder wrote down his wallet's private key and kept it with someone he trusted so he can then access the fortune after the holder dies. It's kinda risky to give away your private key but thats the only way for people get your bitcoins after you're gone.
Activity: 882
Merit: 258
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
December 24, 2017, 07:26:16 PM
Dear team

Yes it will be useless as no one knows anything about it even its password or key to his/her wallet. Thats the reason why we should keep it as a secret to someone who is close to us so that our money will have value and be worthy. If someone know your private keys then there is someone who can used it whenever you die.
Activity: 252
Merit: 105
Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!
December 24, 2017, 07:23:00 PM
If a person owns 100 BTC holders that unfortunately passed away without leaving any information, then I think all of BTC which will forever not be traded anymore. If in case the owner of the BTC to the entire information about the e-wallet and stored somewhere, it can members of the family may own, even if they do not disclose the information to anyone, then no one can use that number BTC.
Activity: 378
Merit: 12
December 24, 2017, 07:03:11 PM
Then his money will be locked in blockchain forever. Technology just appeared, nowadays everything if hard, just wait for ten years
Activity: 218
Merit: 14
December 24, 2017, 06:53:05 PM
They will be lost in the BLockchain forever. I think that happens a lot with early Bitcoin Users. And that will happen in the Future too. SO if the family members dont know his passwort and cant find the private keys, the coins are lost.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
December 24, 2017, 06:49:08 PM
It is why all should be sure to be sensible and make copies of private keys and leave them either in secure places or with family members they can trust.

Family can be your worst enemy in some cases. Everything that involves a lot money changes people from good to bad instantly in certain situations. If you need the money badly, and see that you have access to x number of coins, for a lot people that will be an easy choice and option. If you want your family to at least have something, set up a fiat fund, or one that you can include a fair number of coins in. This all will get released once you're gone, and investigation has turned out that you have died naturally, and not poisoned or whatever by greedy family members. It's quite complicated, but every person will deal with it on its own way.
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
December 24, 2017, 06:38:29 PM
Gone with the wind  Cheesy Cheesy
Activity: 112
December 24, 2017, 05:32:00 PM
Bitcoin holders should put it in there will it's like an asset
Activity: 1344
Merit: 261
December 24, 2017, 05:27:25 PM
Dear team

If the person has a 100 bitcoin and he died the bitcoin is useless you can't claim and convert it into a local currency because maybe the wallet has a password or need a private key to access it unless if your family know your password or private they can use it to buy things that they want or to use it of emergency and if the day has come and you know to yourself that you're dying tell to your family  ypu private key as soon as possible
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
December 24, 2017, 05:23:30 PM
He will take them to the afterlife and be rich there.
lol
Activity: 182
Merit: 101
X-Block.io
December 24, 2017, 05:21:08 PM
Dear team

If no one has access to their funds via private key etc then the funds are lost forever. That is one of the benefits and also one of the downsides of bitcoin. It is why all should be sure to be sensible and make copies of private keys and leave them either in secure places or with family members they can trust.
Activity: 168
December 24, 2017, 05:12:36 PM
i think his or her parents can do if they know that that holder has a large amount of bitcoin. i think if if i am the holder i tell to one or more closest people tell my password or leave a letter to access my bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: