Pages:
Author

Topic: If the bitcoin holder dies - page 5. (Read 856 times)

Activity: 86
Merit: 10
December 22, 2017, 08:13:19 AM
If the holder didn't explain their family or loved ones how to deal with Bitcoins, they will be forgotten.

Here there is a good article with simple tips to be sure that this is not going to happen, better to make a bit effort and be sure Bitcoins don't get lost in the space with no one knowing about their existence: https://bravenewcoin.com/news/inheritance-planning-for-cryptocurrencies-3-steps-in-3-minutes/
Activity: 798
Merit: 255
December 22, 2017, 08:07:57 AM
He will take them to the afterlife and be rich there.
Lol. You're worst than what you think. We all know that its all useless when people died even how rich he is. No one pass this life with some piece of gold in his hands. All was useless. So, use it for worth things.
Activity: 3024
Merit: 680
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
December 22, 2017, 08:06:18 AM
Worrying about your death well you need to teach anyone from your family about bitcoin and it's basic technicality. While you are alive make a tutorial and it's good if it will be written and has instructions on it so whenever you died it can be given to them through your attorney.
Activity: 126
December 22, 2017, 08:04:27 AM
Dear team

I need to know that if a bitcoin holder dies with 100btc. Then what happended to btc ? Useless
If family member knows no problem. What if not

I am assuming the BTC price will increase as there will be less BTC in circualation, therefor the value of the BTC existing on the market will increase.
Activity: 168
December 22, 2017, 08:03:35 AM
Unlike banks, you can't set someone as nominee for your account. but if a person has 100 BTC that is around 2 million USD, obviously he will generate keys and secure that somewhere, you don't have to worry about that  Cheesy
Activity: 157
Merit: 100
December 22, 2017, 07:58:41 AM
Give your private keys to a solicitor who will hold  it in trust until your estate is opened up and your will read.You may also need to grant instructins on how to actully access and send the BTC
Activity: 574
Merit: 503
December 22, 2017, 07:53:47 AM
I think everything will be useless, so if you're married, then you should share your account with your partner, I've never thought of that before. But now maybe we should not hold it alone, we divide because if it is gone, your child and your partner can not enjoy it. Thanks for the question btw.
Activity: 798
Merit: 17
2023 would most likely be as bearish as 2022
December 22, 2017, 07:47:46 AM
Yes i have given the private key to my parents. So they can get it
Activity: 924
Merit: 501
December 22, 2017, 05:55:20 AM
This was spoken about before in a large thread, I am not sure where it has gone since though.

You need to keep your privatekeys with a family member at their house. This is good for security because you have a backup position incase your house burns down or whatever the case is. If you die a family member can simply use your private key and get the bitcoin back.
Activity: 143
December 21, 2017, 07:36:49 PM
Dear team

I need to know that if a bitcoin holder dies with 100btc. Then what happended to btc ? Useless
if they know private key or 12 words they can restore bitcoin, wallet password easy.

when you loss bitcoin all network will lost your bitcoin

Activity: 24
Merit: 0
December 21, 2017, 04:20:44 PM
I agree that it would be nice to see some forward-thinking services that could help manage crypto inheritance. 
Activity: 2842
Merit: 625
December 21, 2017, 04:17:03 PM
If you died with 100 bitcoin on your wallet and you haven't told it with your last testament / will then it will be gone forever. Not really it will be gone forever, it will remain on your wallet without someone knows how to claim it.

But if you'll give information, private keys, login details & password if it was stored on a web wallet then he might gain access and use it for their own good.

Otherwise if you died in an accident without letting them know those details that will be likely to be called burned bitcoin
Activity: 350
December 21, 2017, 04:10:35 PM
Dear team

Haha very interesting. That bitcoin is completely gone for good since nobody knows about the private key and password. It would be prudent however to at least entrust such details to trusted person before the unexpected happens
Activity: 406
Merit: 101
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
December 21, 2017, 04:02:33 PM
If someone or somebody died already his/her btc will be donation already or if you know his/her private keys that's the time you can access his/her wallet.
Activity: 235
Merit: 16
I-CHAIN - The Revolution of Digital Advertising
December 21, 2017, 03:44:10 PM
No one can have access to his account unless the person who died has given the password or whatsoever to the person he trust. Because everything he have is his property
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
December 21, 2017, 03:39:25 PM
Dear team

well that bitcoin holders is totally idiot if the family members didn't know all information about the wallet . But i think if bitcoin holders has 100btc i think he will never let the 100btc staying in any online wallets maybe he will convert it into fiat and put it on bank to ensure that the 100btc will never be useless after bitcoin holders die.  And also after the owner die perhaps the bank company will let the wife or the families manage the account .And for sure the family knows about the money of the deceased so i think they will supervise the papers immediatly to transfer the name to the spouse or children
That is not important that a person will sell all their bitcoins but i think that it is too much important that a person should share his account information with their family member so that after his death his family can get access to his wallet and can get the inherit. In fact no one ever expect that he will die and that is the reason that he never take it serious to share its account information with anyone of his family member.
Activity: 74
December 21, 2017, 03:31:49 PM
It could no longer be accessed unless they shared their wallet credentials to someone they know so sharing it with trusted individuals such as trusted family members would be a good idea.
Activity: 212
Merit: 104
December 21, 2017, 02:58:01 PM
If the bitcoin holder dies, it should be replaced by its next generation. So, the bitcoin authority should provide this option.

What do you mean? The next generation? Do you know of what are you talking about? Or you are just writing in here with non-sense?

If the holder dies, then the wallet will be there forever, the balance that you have is never going to know if you died or not.

And if the children from the holder doesn't know the private key, there not going to be able to access to those funds.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
December 21, 2017, 02:56:41 PM
If the bitcoin holder dies, it should be replaced by its next generation. So, the bitcoin authority should provide this option.
Activity: 331
December 21, 2017, 12:34:28 PM
Dear team

indeed death comes no one knows. the questions above are good, it gives us all the vigilance to anticipate those things happening to us. if no one knows about Bitcoin then the bitcoin he has no meaning anymore.
Pages:
Jump to: