Pages:
Author

Topic: If the stocks market will crash again like 2008, what will happen to bitcoin - page 10. (Read 3040 times)

Activity: 102
Merit: 1
If the stocks market will crash again like 2008, what will happen to bitcoin?
I personally think that people will take their money out and will invest it somewhere else.

Do you think that bitcoin will be a good alternative?

Yes, if the opportunities in cryptocurrency are better. They will invest in crypto market, rather than investing in properties which need many obstacles to deal quickly compared to crypto
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024
I personally think that people will take their money out and will invest it somewhere else.

At that time the value of dollar really went down, which means all the important stuff like gold went up, so of course if we ever saw something like that happen ever again the price of bitcoin will definitely go up however the purchasing power bitcoin will not go up accordingly, we will see bitcoin going up but the same amount of bitcoin may end up purchasing the same amount of stuff because of the devaluation of dollar. Which would even double the cost for foreign people because the devaluation dollar combined with lower purchasing power would result in double the cost for the people who do not use dollar as their currency and need to exchange back to their own fiat currency.
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
I don't know if I'm the only one that noticed this year, the stocks market isn't so good as well for this year and the same goes for bitcoin. I'm no tsure if there's a connection to these two markets but I'm sure that they aren't the same and has its own different market.

That's a possibility that investors will look for something better and will look for another home where their money can stay.
copper member
Activity: 16
Merit: 4
There's a very high probability that a stock market crash or correction will positively influence cryptocurrency markets, if the right instruments for large & institutional investors are in place (ETF, anyone?).

Why large investors?
Small & retail investors are the most likely to lose their money during such a crash and they will always take a break before becoming curious again about investing into anything. They will need to recover their losses.
Large & institutional investors will already be out of the markets by then or will time their market exits accordingly. For those, the small size of cryptocurrency markets is extremely attractive to realize extraordinary gains.
Activity: 406
Merit: 36
Maybe and just maybe with the ETF approval, we might see investors rushing into the market in the case where stocks dives into the horrific zone. For now, there may still be a lot of skepticism when it comes to the crypto market and I am sure other physical assets would be the target in that case. I believe in the long run, this would surely be one other well known spot or safe haven for investors but we ain't there yet.
Activity: 1960
Merit: 329
www.Artemis.co
Yes, I think they will invest in Cryptocurrency.
Because I think CryptoCurrency have touched its lowest price, so if there is crash in stock market, that is the times of Cryptocurrency Smiley
You say this about bitcoin touching its lowest price because you have been into crypto for longer than a year now and have monitored it. Those coming fresh to it will not see it that way. The crash will still scare them a lot. You can not blame them when you consider the massive fall. For me I think it will be a great time to buy into cryptocurrencies and not just bitcoin alone, and then also invest a bit into an offline business to keep capital secured.
Activity: 2030
Merit: 578
No God or Kings, only BITCOIN.
If only, bitcoin is a good alternative no doubt about it but if only if it will be accepted by now to many huge firms.
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1206
It depends upon the situation if that time bitcoin will be legalized in all countries then probably investors from stock market diversify their money into crypto if they saw that stock market will be cashing out because once a businessman knows they will earn the know how to many risks even how risky in cryptocurrency.
On other hands, bitcoin now will very popular that having a profitable source so, there's no reason people did not adopt as an alternative way of investment.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000
I think it will have not an effect for crypto market because if we compare between stocks investors to crypto investors then obviously stocks market is more popular and because most people still not considering bitcoin as their main investment form then most of them still concern to see stocks market movement so in my opinion if this is happened then the investors will stick to stocks and we will see no significant increasing investors for bitcoin
Activity: 980
Merit: 261

it is depends to a person for me cryptocurrency investment will really need for a person to take a risk because investment here is much risky rather than investing in stock market, also people should know the market movement here that are the things that they should consider unlike in stock market that they have the assurance on that kind of investment.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

I think that bitcoin would actually respond very positively.

The fact that bitcoin is completely unrelated to the stock market, real estate or any other fiat related investments mean that it is completely independent of the traditional investments which will be the most hard hit out of all in a financial collapse like 2008.

And with a limited supply, its value should hold up well within that stretch of time. When people see widespread panic within the markets they may even look for a safe haven to store their wealth, and theoretically, bitcoin demand could actually be boosted by this as people seek for alternative investments to park their wealth.
Activity: 3094
Merit: 929
The 2008 stock market crash was created by the banks and the lack of good financial regulations.
Now,the US financial system is more regulated,so I don't expect another crash soon.However,if a crash happens,smart people will HODL their assets(stocks or crypto,it doesn't matter) and stupid people will panic sell everything they have and leave the markets with a loss.Bitcoin might be hit as well,but it will recover,for sure.
Activity: 155
Merit: 0
Crypto market can not be compared in the stock market. Hight market volotility repels newbe from stoks markets.
Having experience they understand the risks of this market and do not trust crypto-currency...
legendary
Activity: 3024
Merit: 2148
It will be how much investors view Bitcoin as safe haven vs how much they view it as a risky asset. Bitcoin was many times theorized to be a hedge against traditional markets, and on a local scale it works well like that - see Venezuela, Zimbabwe and other poor countries, but when investors have better access to different markets, they might pick safer options like gold over Bitcoin. Bitcoin shouldn't drop if the stocks will crash, but it also not likely to grow significantly.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1565
The first decentralized crypto betting platform
Yes, people look for wealth reserves when a crisis comes. If another crash happens, bitcoin will be bought as a wealth reserve but I’m not sure to what extent. The most traditional wealth reserve was Gold but bitcoin is an strong competitor. In the next crisis both gold and bitcoin will be wealth reserves, it will be interesting to see how it affects both markets.
Activity: 364
Merit: 105
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
Most people when one investment fails don't immediately look to invest elsewhere. I suspect the opposite effect may be more prevalent where people pull their other investments (such as those in bitcoin) to hedge against their potential losses.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 342
Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly
I do not think they will invest in another cryptocurrency because we all know that bitcoin is not a fraud. It is a valuable and trusted cryptocurrency. So if bitcoin went back to what it was in 2008. I believe investors will keep believing in it and wait for it until it recovers. But if they happened to invest in another coin, I am sure they would withdraw their money and invest in another more trusted coin. But I doubt bitcoin will fall lower than $4k.
Activity: 148
Merit: 0
If that happens then the BTC market will grow rapidly because when they lose confidence in the stock market they will find a new market for them to invest.
Activity: 700
Merit: 300

I think bitcoin and other crypto currency itself would be the best alternative to run from the crashing market. Most of the big investors will do this because in the current times if there is any powerful asset or currency is there then its nothing but the crypto currency itself. They will surely put more money into it and also they will have the opportunity to earn big fortune form it as most of the people around the globe would be focusing crypto and thus in the meantime they will put more money into it and spiking the whole crypto a lot more above than expected price tags.

This is why most of the stock people will be leading their way and their customers way into the crypto currency. Gold and Silver are already too pricy and hiking with less % per year so thats not big shot at all.
Activity: 1834
Merit: 759
It's possible for people to take their money out and not do anything else with it. It would be easy to assume they'd be flocking to alternatives, one of which would be Bitcoin, but there's apparently some correlation between the stock market and Bitcoin:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/bitcoin-has-been-acting-unusually-similar-to-the-stock-market-2018-02-07

And here's a piece as to why Bitcoin may not be a reliable hedge, from a traditional investor:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/why-bitcoin-isnt-a-reliable-hedge-against-stock-market-moves-2017-09-07

All of this could easily change though, of course. I'm not rooting for the stock market to fall, but it would be interesting if Bitcoin acted as a hedge. Bitcoin is still very new, so patterns are still very much unreliable. All we can really do is observe.
Pages:
Jump to: