Pages:
Author

Topic: If you could move to any country, which would you choose? - page 7. (Read 10823 times)

Activity: 1582
Merit: 759
Austria. Seriously. It is just awesome from every aspect. Maybe missing some costal areas, but still!

Actually wouldn't mind moving there either. My grandmother originated from there and the tech industry isn't doing bad either (AFAIK).

Yes, with siemens and infineon trying hard to expand, and multiple web-tech firms moving to vienna, it is really not bad environment for skilled people.

Well just googling "silicon valley vienna" (Silicon valley is the easiest way to find "tech startup" references) comes up with multiple blog posts and news articles on how people are trying to promote the tech sector in Vienna; trying to make their own silicon valley.

I've seen it happen in many cities. I'd have to admit, when I read this at first I couldn't believe it was happening to Vienna so I'm quite impressed.

Also, with 5 times in a row winning "Best city in the world" , vienna isn't doing to shady as a city either Wink
http://www.citymayors.com/features/quality_survey.html
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/02/19/us-quality-survey-idUSBREA1I1L920140219

(Haha I come of as a paid shill for austria )

Lol I probably come off as a paid shill for many other cities as well.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001
CEO Bitpanda.com
Austria. Seriously. It is just awesome from every aspect. Maybe missing some costal areas, but still!

Actually wouldn't mind moving there either. My grandmother originated from there and the tech industry isn't doing bad either (AFAIK).

Yes, with siemens and infineon trying hard to expand, and multiple web-tech firms moving to vienna, it is really not bad environment for skilled people.

Well just googling "silicon valley vienna" (Silicon valley is the easiest way to find "tech startup" references) comes up with multiple blog posts and news articles on how people are trying to promote the tech sector in Vienna; trying to make their own silicon valley.

I've seen it happen in many cities. I'd have to admit, when I read this at first I couldn't believe it was happening to Vienna so I'm quite impressed.

Also, with 5 times in a row winning "Best city in the world" , vienna isn't doing to shady as a city either Wink
http://www.citymayors.com/features/quality_survey.html
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/02/19/us-quality-survey-idUSBREA1I1L920140219

(Haha I come of as a paid shill for austria )

legendary
CEO Bitpanda.com

legendary
CEO Bitpanda.com
So many people are saying Canada.

I think we need to start a new thread called "Where in Canada would you move?"
Activity: 295
Merit: 250
Suisse or Canada  Cry
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
Australia probably. They even have schools for Estonains, and people don't complain that much about economy.
Nice weather too!
Activity: 476
Merit: 501
I like to move to Canada or Australia.
legendary
Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013
K-ing®
Activity: 54
I would like move to Switzerland or one of Nordic Country.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028
My post before really waste my bandwidth  Angry

I wish i could move into Australia,
Because that country has stable economic and less of unemployment.
Beside that i love it's climate,panorama,and vacation place  Cheesy
Activity: 291
Canada or Mauritius Wink
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
Iceland, they are neutral, with small population and outside the route of intercontinental ballistic missiles if things goes all wrong in the earth
Activity: 434
France,

Country of love.
Activity: 39
I would choose Spain or Italy. love hot weather and people Grin
Activity: 312
I live in the USA, not super impressed. Grin From what I've seen, I'd love to live in Germany or the Netherlands. Language could be a bit of an issue, though. Smiley
Activity: 54
I will chose Italy, i love the architectural space the country has & their traditions too, it catches my attention suddenly whenever i look at any sort of building structures.
Pages:
Jump to: