Pages:
Author

Topic: If you had $50,000 to invest into mining, or coins... - page 4. (Read 2404 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 105
I dont like mining.I would just buy coins I need.
Mining requires too much care and investments IMO
Ctn
Activity: 644
Merit: 259
I'm not that much attracted to the mining stuff and I think it's not profitable in long run. The technology keeps changing and they a,ways bring up the new models or machines for mining and your old one gets obsolete. That's why I will not waste my time in buying these kinda stuff.

$50K is lot of money and I think I will just keep the money in the form of bitcoin and few selected altcoins for longer time. As the amount is more hence the interest that I will get on this money would be larger. Even if the bitcoin price moves by 100 dollars or so then I have chance to gain 5K right away. I could just reinvest those 5K and keep increasing my stakes. I think that is what I will do if I had that much money.

Activity: 1162
Merit: 260
If you had $50,000 to invest into mining, or coins...

Would you GPU Mine, or buy Asics?
What percentage would you put into altcoins?

I'm curious to see how others would spread their money.

For me, I would probably start with half GPU mining, half Asics.  I'm new though so I'm not sure what is best if I had that type of money.

I don't want to put all the money in a single place. I would like to separate them and like to invest 30% of it in mining , 30% in altcoin trading and invested remaining money in a good betting website.   
Activity: 958
Merit: 265
It depends on the people's skill if what they will choose if you don't have skill to be a trader or you really can't understand the strategies on trading even you're always watching videos on youtube and research on how to be a good trader better to choose mining but on mining you need a little bit knowledge on how to setup a mining rig and you need to have a extra room to place your mining place because it's too noisy if you put only on your own room and it needs to put on the cool place because mining rigs are getting heat when running in the long time.
Activity: 504
Merit: 100

For me, I would probably start with half GPU mining, half Asics.  I'm new though so I'm not sure what is best if I had that type of money.

Mining is good to set-up if you have a good place to do it. However, if you're countries electricity cost is too expensive, it's not ideal to set-up computers for mining. If I were to invest that much money into coins, I'll make sure to diversify the coins that I will invest because it's safer that way.
Activity: 812
Merit: 256
If I have $50,000, I will invest in trading coins. As much as I want to try mining as a hobby, I know it will not be profitable for me since my electricity cost is not low enough to profit from mining. And considering the space I need for the equipments, it will take a long time for me to break even.
Activity: 336
i don't have $50,000 to invest, but its nice to see how others would spread their risk.  it gives me a good idea on how i would like to spread my risk too. it seems mining is not that popular compared to investing in different coins
Activity: 299
Merit: 250
I not have money! But if i had $50.000, i will buy minning device!  And hold all my coin i can minning!
Activity: 85
Merit: 10
Dutch CORION Provider
I don't have any knowledge of mining so I will not take a risk of investing money in mining and instead I will buy bitcoins and hold as $50k is huge amount which may be doubled in quick time depending on the price of bitcoins.
HODL is good, but I would spread the $50.000 into Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin and invest in a price-stable coin like Tether or CORION and maybe mine some profitable coin. Spreading is always saver and the top market volume coins are more save then some high fluctuating coins.
I don't have any knowledge of mining so I will not take a risk of investing money in mining and instead I will buy bitcoins and hold as $50k is huge amount which may be doubled in quick time depending on the price of bitcoins.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

What to do depends entirely on what $50,000 means to you personally. If you're a millionaire dipping a toe into crypto, then put some in BTC, some in top alts, some in more speculative lower cap alts. On the other hand if $50,000 is your life savings or a remortgage, then don't put that much in... or if you must then just go for BTC and maybe ETH and XRP.

Either way I would forget mining altogether. I don't think it's so relevant nowadays.
Activity: 407
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
I think, with investing $50K a huge potential profit that can be achieved from trading. Because, i am less interested in mining. Trading more practical and fun looking to people who panic selling.
Activity: 224
first of all I would invest inmyself-trading courses with cost few thousends,then put in  btc(half of my budget,other money in alt coins such-nem,bancor,lite,eos,ethereum,ripple,decred,neo,net)
Your opinion is good
Investing in education, for the mind, learning is always a profitable investment
I admire him
I also thank you for the good coin list, your long term investment,
I can add to that list Mothena, Kyber network, Coss, Ambrosus, ... What do you think?
Activity: 76

Right now 60% to mining 40% to coins/ Nice time to invest
If i had 50,000 to invest i would have choos to diversify my portfolio as follows :

40% On good Altcoins
40% On Bitcoin
20% Stocks

Oh, that's interesting
Split your funds into different portfolios
But can you explain to me how altcoin is good as altcoin how not
Oh, although I do not have such a big number, $ 50,000
But if I am sure I will invest in digging, exploiting digital coins like ZEC, ETH ...
Gambling 5 wins and 5 loses
Investing digs up 70% of electronic money
Activity: 126
If i had 50,000 to invest i would have choos to diversify my portfolio as follows :

40% On good Altcoins
40% On Bitcoin
20% Stocks
Activity: 1470
Merit: 655
for a couple of months i am actually interested in mining although i don't have nearly as much as OP has but this topic was helpful a lot. from my research my plan is to build a mining rig with at least 6 GPUs and start mining some of the GPU mining altcoins.

my only concern is the electricity bill. the cost is extremely low in my country but the issue is that it will increase if you use more. it is like a cumulative thing. to some level of kWh you get extremely cheap price per kwh and then it increases for the next step and goes up each step.
for now i am trying to figure out which step of this i am going to fall into so that i can calculate how much it will cost me. if it were good for 6 GPUs then i will get right on it.
first of all I would invest inmyself-trading courses with cost few thousends,then put in  btc(half of my budget,other money in alt coins such-nem,bancor,lite,eos,ethereum,ripple,decred,neo,net)
Activity: 266
Merit: 114
Surely I will invest in the potential altcoin, in the future the market will be larger than the present and the cost for mining is very high.
Pages:
Jump to: