Pages:
Author

Topic: If you hold 1 BTC you are a pioneer - page 4. (Read 9103 times)

Activity: 332
Merit: 250
June 13, 2016, 02:20:46 PM
The adrenaline rush from this bull run is tiring me.
I truly believe that somebody with 10 BTC will be part of an elite group.
This might be recognized as early as 2017-18, the way the current bull run seems to be headed.

10 bitcoin will be a lot of money in a few years. I reckon the price of bitcoin could be $5000 in 2018.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000
June 12, 2016, 07:26:03 AM
If you hold 10 or more you are part of an elite.

This is my conclusion after the years I have been involved here. Absolutely no one in real life knows what the hell Bitcoin is, and even your most geeky friends may probably never heard about Bitcoin. Now if you take into account the people that has heard about it... what percentage own 1 BTC? Exactly.. you know almost no one.
And what percentage own 10 BTC? I personally know no one (people from this forum don't count obviously).

This simple observation shows you only need 1 BTC to be a pioneer on Bitcoin in 2016.

In my opinion anybody who holds any amount of bitcoin is a pioneer. While anyone who owns above 1 BTC should be the part of an elite. If you look at the bitcoin distribution chart there aren't that many addresses containing 1+ BTC.

But you know, bitcoin has a long way to go and it's always good to invest more into it.

Having dust transactions in your wallet won't make you a pioneer.
This is true irrespective of how high Bitcoin rises.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
June 12, 2016, 04:10:21 AM
If you hold 10 or more you are part of an elite.

This is my conclusion after the years I have been involved here. Absolutely no one in real life knows what the hell Bitcoin is, and even your most geeky friends may probably never heard about Bitcoin. Now if you take into account the people that has heard about it... what percentage own 1 BTC? Exactly.. you know almost no one.
And what percentage own 10 BTC? I personally know no one (people from this forum don't count obviously).

This simple observation shows you only need 1 BTC to be a pioneer on Bitcoin in 2016.

In my opinion anybody who holds any amount of bitcoin is a pioneer. While anyone who owns above 1 BTC should be the part of an elite. If you look at the bitcoin distribution chart there aren't that many addresses containing 1+ BTC.

But you know, bitcoin has a long way to go and it's always good to invest more into it.
legendary
Activity: 1246
June 12, 2016, 03:55:47 AM
The adrenaline rush from this bull run is tiring me.
I truly believe that somebody with 10 BTC will be part of an elite group.
This might be recognized as early as 2017-18, the way the current bull run seems to be headed.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 564
June 12, 2016, 01:24:55 AM
For me what ever amount you have and you're in bitcoin industry i think your still a pioneer what ever amount you are holding even small or even big as long as you're part of the community youre a pioneer.Thats my opinion
Activity: 420
June 12, 2016, 12:47:19 AM
It doesn't really matter how many Bitcoins you have, you are still a pioneer. But I am glad to see that I am part of the elite. Smiley Buying any amount of Bitcoin helps the economy.
bitcoin yeah whatever you've got. you included pioneer. anyone that if they user their bitcoin is the pioneer of bitcoin
pioneer is not judged by how bitcoin they had
legendary
Activity: 938
June 11, 2016, 11:07:28 PM
You can be only named as pioneer if you hold 500btc.. these are  the people who beleive in bitcoin in the first place,  they are the ones who bought btc in a low price.

It is all relative. 5 years ago, you have to hold 10,000 to be a pioneer. Now you need 10 to be. In 10 years, you just need 0.1.

Your words make sense. In the event that BTC remains in effect during that time.
Activity: 294
June 11, 2016, 08:37:39 PM
1 BTC seems somewhat arbitrary to be classed a "pioneer", does it not?

Bitcoin, as a deflationary currency, and as with gold, essentially rewards early adopters; that will continue (albeit the advantage for later adopters will decline significantly) right up until the last remaining fiat is exchanged. I consider myself to be an adopter without that full amount.

If you hold 100 bitcoin, you will be a pioneer in 10 years. At that time, the average coin owned by per person will be less than 1.

Yeah definitely. In a few years the average coin owned by the average bitcoiner will drop dramatically. I doubt it'll even be 0.01 BTC because there will be at least a few billion people using BTC.

So yeah, definitely a pioneer if you hold any amount of BTC now.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
June 11, 2016, 08:35:02 PM
Well I wish that I have known bitcoin when it still was next to nothing. I have only known that bitcoin exist for only a few months and not even a year. If I have knew it way back 2009, I should have started doin faucet that time and probably im rich now if I have known bitcoin way back that time. But Ill still trust bitcoin and hold 1 BTC.  Grin
Activity: 1022
Merit: 538
June 11, 2016, 03:00:16 AM
It doesn't really matter how many Bitcoins you have, you are still a pioneer. But I am glad to see that I am part of the elite. Smiley Buying any amount of Bitcoin helps the economy.
June 11, 2016, 02:56:56 AM

Bitcoin, as a deflationary currency, and as with gold, essentially rewards early adopters; that will continue (albeit the advantage for later adopters will decline significantly) right up until the last remaining fiat is exchanged. I consider myself to be an adopter without that full amount.

If you hold 100 bitcoin, you will be a pioneer in 10 years. At that time, the average coin owned by per person will be less than 1.
Activity: 162
June 09, 2016, 09:08:49 AM

legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010
BTC to the moon is inevitable...
June 09, 2016, 09:06:10 AM
i totally agree with this subject. i also always tell my friends that even if you don't like bitcoin or don't want to use it or invest big in it, you should at least buy some bitcoin now that the price is low and keep it. and investing small means you don't lose anything big but you will be involved with bitcoin and will not miss out on anything.
Activity: 401
Merit: 280
June 09, 2016, 08:58:05 AM
I.think that the biggest problem with Bitcoin is that its' amount is limited. That would probably be also the biggest obstacle for more massive use.

Sigh....

Something with practical utility (like, bread/roman denarius) but limited (scarce) is THE DEFINITION of value sought after by the masses as time passes.
Honestly, are you trolling? This is economics 101.
legendary
Activity: 896
June 09, 2016, 08:04:52 AM
You can be only named as pioneer if you hold 500btc.. these are  the people who beleive in bitcoin in the first place,  they are the ones who bought btc in a low price.

It is all relative. 5 years ago, you have to hold 10,000 to be a pioneer. Now you need 10 to be. In 10 years, you just need 0.1.

that's correct. people that had 10,000 coins back in the days when a bitcoin was worth next to nothing, they nearly all have sold their coins. and now these people are just holding around 10 to 20 coins, which is still a more than decent amount. after 5 years if the price keeps going up significantly, they will have just a few coins left. the thing basically is: the higher the price is, the lower the amounts that people will hold.
June 09, 2016, 07:45:31 AM
You can be only named as pioneer if you hold 500btc.. these are  the people who beleive in bitcoin in the first place,  they are the ones who bought btc in a low price.

Activity: 126
June 08, 2016, 01:15:46 PM
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028
June 08, 2016, 01:10:32 PM
1 btc will never make you pioneer as it is very minimal amount to hold, if you have 100 or 200 btc in your wallet then you are pioneer for sure.

No more than 21 million people in the world can hold more than 1 bitcoin. There are 7000 million in the world.

This, but you are not even taking into account the fact that if you don't count lost coins which are lost forever, it's way less than 21 million, and we are FAAAR from being anywhere near mainstream.

1 BTC = pioneer for sure.
June 08, 2016, 12:47:09 PM
The most people with Bitcoin are now holding and that is nice because they know that they can earn some more money with Bitcoin and the price has already rising so that is nice.
The halving is also coming so that is why people are happy with it because they cant do anything in the past.

Yes. Holding can make most the profit. I have been holding since early 2013. But I also use small amount.
Activity: 364
June 07, 2016, 04:03:38 AM
The most people with Bitcoin are now holding and that is nice because they know that they can earn some more money with Bitcoin and the price has already rising so that is nice.
The halving is also coming so that is why people are happy with it because they cant do anything in the past.
Pages:
Jump to: