Pages:
Author

Topic: If you hold 1 BTC you are a pioneer - page 7. (Read 9103 times)

Activity: 332
Merit: 250
May 12, 2016, 03:11:32 PM
Yes exactly, only 21 million people can have 1 Bitcoin.
And if some people have more then 1, even less people will be elite Wink

And this is also my goal just to have 1 bitcoin so my grandchildren will be rich as fuck Tongue

You don't know how right you are.

I was relatively late to the bitcoin game, but I managed to catch BTC on the rise to 1.2k. I made about 3 bitcoin from that. I knew a drop was imminent, so I backed off for a year. And here I am, 5 BTC in a cold wallet.

Another 5 are 7 feet under with my crashed hard drive.

Do you mean you lost 5 bitcoin due to the problem in the hard driver?
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1030
give me your cryptos
May 11, 2016, 07:43:00 AM
Yes exactly, only 21 million people can have 1 Bitcoin.
And if some people have more then 1, even less people will be elite Wink

And this is also my goal just to have 1 bitcoin so my grandchildren will be rich as fuck Tongue

You don't know how right you are.

I was relatively late to the bitcoin game, but I managed to catch BTC on the rise to 1.2k. I made about 3 bitcoin from that. I knew a drop was imminent, so I backed off for a year. And here I am, 5 BTC in a cold wallet.

Another 5 are 7 feet under with my crashed hard drive.
Activity: 294
May 11, 2016, 01:48:33 AM
If you hold 10 or more you are part of an elite.

This is my conclusion after the years I have been involved here. Absolutely no one in real life knows what the hell Bitcoin is, and even your most geeky friends may probably never heard about Bitcoin. Now if you take into account the people that has heard about it... what percentage own 1 BTC? Exactly.. you know almost no one.
And what percentage own 10 BTC? I personally know no one (people from this forum don't count obviously).

This simple observation shows you only need 1 BTC to be a pioneer on Bitcoin in 2016.

I totally agree with you. 1 BTC is quite a small amount of fiat at this time, but it's actually pretty hard to get if you decide to work for it.

10 BTC is even harder to get... As you mentioned, only a small part of the elite own more than 10 BTC.

I think bitcoin has a lot of potential. That's why i am involved in it.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 516
May 11, 2016, 01:26:56 AM
I think its not quite like that, i think you need more than that to be called as an elite, its all depend on how they spend their bitcoin and how they contribute to bitcoin society
legendary
Activity: 3444
Merit: 10558
May 11, 2016, 12:43:12 AM
how much bitcoin you are holding is just dependent on you and how much money you want to invest in bitcoin. if you have at least 1 bitcoin you can be considered a pioneer, or an early adopter who looks back to these days of cheap bitcoin and says i had bought bitcoin when it was cheap.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002
May 10, 2016, 06:26:02 PM
I think you need a minimum of 50 btc to get somewhere.

Any value though, you need a certain more of a quantity basis then hoping for value increase.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1101
May 10, 2016, 06:18:35 PM
It is hard to be sure about this completely but I believe even if you can hold around 5 bitcoins your children will have so much better life.
I have 5 BTC but my ordinary life not too rich and not too poor. I still find it difficult to shop for my money is still small ?
maybe if bitcoin prices rose more than $ 10k. certainly it will be a different story
holds 5 bitcoin maybe already have a comfortable life ?

I think you are already a rich guy, 5 btc is really good amount to hold at a moment, as I only have 0.8 with me now which I will sell when I see higher price.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
May 10, 2016, 05:44:20 PM
It is hard to be sure about this completely but I believe even if you can hold around 5 bitcoins your children will have so much better life.
I have 5 BTC but my ordinary life not too rich and not too poor. I still find it difficult to shop for my money is still small ?
maybe if bitcoin prices rose more than $ 10k. certainly it will be a different story
holds 5 bitcoin maybe already have a comfortable life ?
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
May 10, 2016, 05:23:13 PM
I definitely wouldn't consider someone that owns one bitcoin a pioneer. A pioneer would be someone who invested in bitcoin when it first came out.
probably the first person to use bitcoin as a user and bought more than 100 BTC or more.
maybe it could be pionerr. if the thought has 1 BTC is a pionner? then there is a lot of pioneers
Well, considering that there can only be at most 21 million people who can hold 1BTC each, we can be considered pioneers. But the fact is that there can never be 21 million people that holds 1 bitcoin each because some large groups are holding on to large amounts of bitcoins.

Yeah and I think majority of users on this forum would be holding less then 1 btc, there will be very few users who holds more and those are ones who are actively participating in trading.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054
May 10, 2016, 01:45:58 PM
I definitely wouldn't consider someone that owns one bitcoin a pioneer. A pioneer would be someone who invested in bitcoin when it first came out.
probably the first person to use bitcoin as a user and bought more than 100 BTC or more.
maybe it could be pionerr. if the thought has 1 BTC is a pionner? then there is a lot of pioneers
Well, considering that there can only be at most 21 million people who can hold 1BTC each, we can be considered pioneers. But the fact is that there can never be 21 million people that holds 1 bitcoin each because some large groups are holding on to large amounts of bitcoins.
Activity: 476
May 09, 2016, 06:47:01 PM
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
May 09, 2016, 06:34:43 PM
I.think that the biggest problem with Bitcoin is that its' amount is limited. That would probably be also the biggest obstacle for more massive use.

No.. that is the biggest feature.... It is the near perfect gold...
Not sure of that. Gold's finite quality isn't actually locked down. As conventional deposits are getting mined, more sources are being explored. However, we KNOW that there is a LOCKED limit for bitcoin. Gold's value is partially tied to the ease, or lack thereof, of obtaining it. If a new gold mine is discovered, the price would plummet. If a new sieve system is invented for harvesting from Alaskan waters, the price will reduce. If sanctions are imposed on gold producing nations, the price will increase.

In this way, Bitcoin is almost more robust than gold. However, it also means that there is an absolute endgame, wherein the trade of bitcoin is a zero-sum game. At that point, it will have a value determined by global consensus. A major controlling stake in the global supply would be needed to seriously change the perceived value relative to usable commodities/services.
Activity: 560
May 09, 2016, 06:25:53 PM

Well i agree with the vision about being pioneers,should be the first members to hold and trade bitcoin not a rank system to qualify the ammount they hold ,and well holding just 1 btc is very easy ,soo i believe those ranks are for holders with atleast 20 bitcoins those are maybe pioneers.
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
May 09, 2016, 05:42:38 PM

Yeah and 1 btc is not a huge amount to hold unless its value is in millions and that seems to be impossible, I think if you hold 50 btc or more then  surely you are an pioneer.
Activity: 700
May 09, 2016, 05:21:45 PM
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1358
May 09, 2016, 05:04:07 PM
Activity: 364
Merit: 254
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
May 09, 2016, 04:51:53 PM
If bitcoin became mainstream, then 1 bitcoin will mean something.  We just don't know if it will ever become widely used or not.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1485
Rollbit.com Crypto Futures
May 09, 2016, 04:42:41 PM
If you hold 10 or more you are part of an elite.

This simple observation shows you only need 1 BTC to be a pioneer on Bitcoin in 2016.

Not right now but maybe 3 or 5 years later. You can buy 10 BTC for only 4600$ right now, that's not a hard thing to do. Everybody can have 10 BTC. When the price hits more than 5k $ then your point will be valid though.
Activity: 392
May 09, 2016, 04:35:34 PM
Is it a shame to be a pioneer when i am in bitcoin more than year? I really want to multiply my goods so i am waiting for halving and all my hopes on free profit.

Halving can take the price of bitcoin to a higher level and holding till then is  the best thing to do, as it is predicted that we will see all time high at halving.

I will hold my bitcoin until at least after the halving. If there is no big pump, I will hold it for much longer.

Yeah if you want to make huge profits then you need to wait longer as the price will not reach to the moon overnight but holding 1 btc will always  be good in long run.
Activity: 332
May 09, 2016, 04:11:54 PM
Is it a shame to be a pioneer when i am in bitcoin more than year? I really want to multiply my goods so i am waiting for halving and all my hopes on free profit.

Halving can take the price of bitcoin to a higher level and holding till then is  the best thing to do, as it is predicted that we will see all time high at halving.

I will hold my bitcoin until at least after the halving. If there is no big pump, I will hold it for much longer.
Pages:
Jump to: