Pages:
Author

Topic: if you live in the EU, watch your profit. I've already turned off my rigs. - page 4. (Read 3299 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 0
Guys , How it will effect the ETH /fiat  price  on the day  ETH `s PoS day is announced ?  I mean from the day Vitaly announced the exact PoS date and until the PoS happen, those days ? What do u think ?  will it drop / up ? high volatility ?
Activity: 146
Merit: 10
We have room for Eth at 200 and BTC at 3000 with a recovery to 2K -3K per eth and 30K per btc.

You are cleaver.
Grin
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
We have room for Eth at 200 and BTC at 3000 with a recovery to 2K -3K per eth and 30K per btc.

You are cleaver. I believe eth will reach $4k - $8k this year, and yeah btc will not reach much more than $35k this year.
Activity: 131
Merit: 13
In the fray since 2013.
mining is not profitable for most coins.

But once ETH will go PoS all of those cards will have to switch to another place, increasing enormously all those "profitable shitty coins", and hey!! everything will collapse. Unless a coin takes the place of ETH, and i don't see that happening any time soon since i don't think ETC can go that way.

BTW, all of my statements are becoming true, day after day.

But the main reason miners say it's still profitable, it's because most of them invested a big amount of money, and accepting this is gone , would mean it's a fail, and people don't want to accept fails.

now THE BIG QUESTIONS WE SHOULD ANSWER ARE:

- When ETh will go PoS? according to current mining rate in 2-3 months. So at any moment Vitalik can announce the fork.

- Where will all those AMD cards go? Mining Monero means overclocking if you want at least 280 sol/s (my GTX 1060 6gb is doing like 320 sol/s). Considering how efficient are GTX 10 series, AMD cards have a no go here. Nor in performance nor in power consumption.

- Will all those cards go to mine shitty coins? well, that will destroy the actual profitability of any of them (if there is still any). Yes, it's possible that many many people will sell their GPU's and not all of them will enter the pools, but anyway, that's a guess. What it's not a guess but a certain thing to happen is that once ETH goes PoS all shitty coins will turn to not profitable due to difficulty increase.

- Will the market recover from this disaster?? Do you see investors willing to put their money into a business that is broken, falling down, that will face future legislations and regulations, Taxes, and probably the end of anonymity as we know it??? my guess??? NO, this is not gonna end well. I don't see why people would invest in a market that moves like a headless chicken. I wouldn't do it.

This situation, this hard, has never been seen by the community. Don't let them tell you we have seen it before. This has never been seen. The community has never had to deal with loses of 75%.
NEVER.

If they've told you to hold because will this solve anytime soon, well......they've lied to you, because i think this market cannot recover from a 75% loss

My rigs continue OFF, and they will be OFF for a lot of time, i'm afraid. Probably i will sell them because i can still make profit from them (since i bought them way below MSRP)

1. Monero is not Sol/s

2. Mr clever please tell me how much reduction is litecoin from 50 USD to 2 USD.

Some of us are here long time.

Last Fall was 96% for LTC and 85% for BTC.

STOP SPREADING FUD
Activity: 152
If your electricity prices are higher than mining rewards, then don't mine. Buy your coins instead and save money and help drive the prices.

If your electricity prices are lower than mining rewards then mine and don't buy your coins and hold your coins to help drive price.

Simple. Mining 101 Tutorial Completed.

Very good, I wish people could research and see where they stand cause wasting power is never a good thing. You trolls must take in account that right now, buildings any gpu mining is a bad idea, what ryxes said is to people with mining equipment. If you dont have any mining equipment then buy the coin. Also remember that your electricity must not exceed 30% of your gross monthly profit. That is the only way you will get a net profit.

and if you have free electricity   what would you do buy new gpu

imagine  you have free electricity    and you have 5k

what you do right now
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
Also remember that your electricity must not exceed 30% of your gross monthly profit. That is the only way you will get a net profit.

Tell that BS to people that mined several ETH a week with a six card rig in NOV/DEC 2016 when it barley paid for power. Or LTC when it was $3 for years. LOL.
Xtreme Monster
If your electricity prices are higher than mining rewards, then don't mine. Buy your coins instead and save money and help drive the prices.

If your electricity prices are lower than mining rewards then mine and don't buy your coins and hold your coins to help drive price.

Very good, I wish people could research and see where they stand cause wasting power is never a good thing. You trolls must take in account that right now, buildings any gpu mining is a bad idea, what ryxes said is to people with mining equipment. If you dont have any mining equipment then buy the coin. Also remember that your electricity must not exceed 30% of your gross monthly profit. That is the only way you will get a net profit.
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
Merit me or don't.

Xtreme Monster

- Will all those cards go to mine shitty coins? well, that will destroy the actual profitability of any of them (if there is still any). Yes, it's possible that many many people will sell their GPU's and not all of them will enter the pools, but anyway, that's a guess. What it's not a guess but a certain thing to happen is that once ETH goes PoS all shitty coins will turn to not profitable due to difficulty increase.

Be ahead of the herd & don't tell anyone. That's how one wins the difficulty race. And pray sites like whattomine will never cease to exist.

You have the mind of bitmain ceo hehe
Activity: 102
Merit: 1

Be ahead of the herd & don't tell anyone. That's how one wins the difficulty race. And pray sites like whattomine will never cease to exist.
Activity: 924
Merit: 15
mining is not profitable for most coins.

But once ETH will go PoS all of those cards will have to switch to another place, increasing enormously all those "profitable shitty coins", and hey!! everything will collapse. Unless a coin takes the place of ETH, and i don't see that happening any time soon since i don't think ETC can go that way.

BTW, all of my statements are becoming true, day after day.

But the main reason miners say it's still profitable, it's because most of them invested a big amount of money, and accepting this is gone , would mean it's a fail, and people don't want to accept fails.

now THE BIG QUESTIONS WE SHOULD ANSWER ARE:

- When ETh will go PoS? according to current mining rate in 2-3 months. So at any moment Vitalik can announce the fork.

- Where will all those AMD cards go? Mining Monero means overclocking if you want at least 280 sol/s (my GTX 1060 6gb is doing like 320 sol/s). Considering how efficient are GTX 10 series, AMD cards have a no go here. Nor in performance nor in power consumption.

- Will the market recover from this disaster?? Do you see investors willing to put their money into a business that is broken, falling down, that will face future legislations and regulations, Taxes, and probably the end of anonymity as we know it??? my guess??? NO, this is not gonna end well. I don't see why people would invest in a market that moves like a headless chicken. I wouldn't do it.

This situation, this hard, has never been seen by the community. Don't let them tell you we have seen it before. This has never been seen. The community has never had to deal with loses of 75%.
NEVER.

If they've told you to hold because will this solve anytime soon, well......they've lied to you, because i think this market cannot recover from a 75% loss

My rigs continue OFF, and they will be OFF for a lot of time, i'm afraid. Probably i will sell them because i can still make profit from them (since i bought them way below MSRP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 11
Decentralized Digital Billboards
Wow... seems like you all use nicehash. Seriously, mine specific coins and hold them a while, when the bear market is over, im sure you will get your ROI Wink
Most miners use simple strategies.
Your strategy needs mass knoweledge and some luck
Xtreme Monster
It might still be profitable at 0.3/kwh or whatever figure but most people are not comfortable betting on that state lasting in the world of crypto for a year or more to get their investment back.

I guess you did not read what I wrote about pools stealing 30% of your profit, do you think you get what whattomine shows you? Never. Now if you mine solo then yes you get those 30%, only solo mining really gives what whattomine says .
Activity: 70
It might still be profitable at 0.3/kwh or whatever figure but most people are not comfortable betting on that state lasting in the world of crypto for a year or more to get their investment back.
Xtreme Monster
As I showed you by WTM, the facts are ETH is currently profitable at even 0.30/kw, saying otherwise is FUD and false.

https://whattomine.com/coins/151-eth-ethash?utf8=%E2%9C%93&hr=30.0&p=130.0&fee=2.0&cost=0.30&hcost=450&commit=Calculate

Going by your data which is false to think every troll will undervolt as you do or simple think about undervolt, also matter of silicon lottery, the idea here is to show the possible worse outcome as return cause that is how it means to be profitable, if you show all possible worse outcome and yet it show is profitable then it means you are going in the right direction. Anyway, like I said going by your data, If you think $0.02 is profitable per day per rx 580, be my guest, not to mention and mentioning minus 30% pools steal from users, yes I would agree with you if pools did not steal profit, if all cards were equal and more important if the world was flat. There is nothing profitable here at $0.30, $0.20, even at $0.10 kwh is hard to say if is profitable because shit happens, right now is only profitable if you have free electricity which it does not exist cause if the troll does not pay then another troll will pay its bill.

Also I ignored other things like exhaust fans or air conditioners which makes up for the bill, plus other things like cpu, motherboard, ram, ssd, psu and many other things.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Wow... seems like you all use nicehash. Seriously, mine specific coins and hold them a while, when the bear market is over, im sure you will get your ROI Wink

yes, that's the right answer here!
just do the research before start miner. there is quite a difference between coins, there are coins which brings about 100% more profits then ETH right now
so the one who made research still can mine those coins, pay the bills and still have some free money to spend

That wont last long. Eth ASIC RAM based miners are to be released this spring. All the miners with their GPUs will be forced to move out from Eth and find another coins which, in turn, skyrocket the difficulty of actually all coins. More over I presume another wave of dump on the exchanges before we spike, then fall a bit and then be flatting month by month... and only then we would go up. So, guys... my thoughts, better to avoid crypto things now... at least the other half a year.
Having said that, I assume there will be a market growth in may - mid June.  Then we go back again and even lower than that now.
Thanks for your attention.

well, we will see how long it will last, the main thing in post that it possible to do now
maybe two month more, maybe three, who knows we will see..
and also there is a difference, between miners eager to setup the rigs quite often for mining profitable coins and miners who setup one time for ETH and forget about it. I'm not quite sure all of miners who mine ETH will switch for new coins. i thing they will hot nicehash or zec)
Activity: 322
Merit: 101

Interesting.Would you mind sharing such a coin?

One must remember that most coins you have a choice of buying them or mining them. If *today* it's cheaper to buy them than it is to mine them (electricity cost) then I see no good reason to mine them. You're better off paying cash to the coin rather than to the electricity.

So the real incentive is find coins that *today* make substantially more money mining than the electricity cost. I do not know of such coins.

I searched coins on the DAgger Hashimoto, Equihash, NeoScrypt and even Cryptonight algos but most of these are just at break even level.

So if you have an example of a profitable coin *today* I'm all ears. Thanks.

Ravencoin

I heard that is not that profitable anymore.

I am happy to hear people turning off and selling their rigs, more profit for everyone else :p

are you f. kidding?¿? Unless you are a moron, you may know that it will make almost no difference if 10.000gh/s disappear. OMG...what a level here.....

Roll Eyes
Activity: 924
Merit: 15

One must remember that most coins you have a choice of buying them or mining them. If *today* it's cheaper to buy them than it is to mine them (electricity cost) then I see no good reason to mine them. You're better off paying cash to the coin rather than to the electricity.

So the real incentive is find coins that *today* make substantially more money mining than the electricity cost. I do not know of such coins.

I searched coins on the DAgger Hashimoto, Equihash, NeoScrypt and even Cryptonight algos but most of these are just at break even level.

Ravencoin

I am happy to hear people turning off and selling their rigs, more profit for everyone else :p

are you f. kidding?¿? Unless you are a moron, you may know that it will make almost no difference if 10.000gh/s disappear. OMG...what a level here.....
Activity: 131
Merit: 3
I have a low end rx 560 rig, I see it as mostly a hobby too with small chance of making money.
I'm hoarding Musicoin and a stockpile of many low difficulty cryptonight coins  Grin
Activity: 322
Merit: 101

Ravencoin

Pages:
Jump to: