Pages:
Author

Topic: if you live in the EU, watch your profit. I've already turned off my rigs. - page 5. (Read 3299 times)

Activity: 718
Merit: 500
Wow... seems like you all use nicehash. Seriously, mine specific coins and hold them a while, when the bear market is over, im sure you will get your ROI Wink

Interesting.Would you mind sharing such a coin?

One must remember that most coins you have a choice of buying them or mining them. If *today* it's cheaper to buy them than it is to mine them (electricity cost) then I see no good reason to mine them. You're better off paying cash to the coin rather than to the electricity.

So the real incentive is find coins that *today* make substantially more money mining than the electricity cost. I do not know of such coins.

I searched coins on the DAgger Hashimoto, Equihash, NeoScrypt and even Cryptonight algos but most of these are just at break even level.

So if you have an example of a profitable coin *today* I'm all ears. Thanks.

Ravencoin
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
RX 570/580 dosen't use 180W even dual mining. At the current profitability, 0.30/kw is break even for an undervolted RX 570/580 solo mining ETH.

http://whattomine.com/coins/151-eth-ethash?utf8=%E2%9C%93&hr=29.0&p=130.0&fee=3.0&cost=0.30&hcost=0.0&commit=Calculate

rx 580 undervolted to 800mv, normal uses 145w and dual mining almost 200w and that is not counting summer which uses at least 30% more power for cooling and other things, so the 180 watts is the normal for summer cause 800mv might work on winter but not on summer, you have to increase that to make it stable and increasing it means needing more energy.

Also, do you think your fancy exhaust don't use electricity at all when you need to turn on on summer? or most people use air conditioner and ac uses a lot of power, so get your facts straight. That 180 watts per rx 580 was conservative to say the least cause there are people running rx 580 and using 250 - 300 watts and they have no idea they are at loss mining eth right now because of trolls like you that say that mining is profitable.

Only in your delusional mind mining solo ETH uses 145W for a RX 580. Undervolted it's ~130W for a RX 580 and ~120 W for a RX 570. As I showed you by WTM, the facts are ETH is currently profitable at even 0.30/kw, saying otherwise is FUD and false. The Summer is also 3 months away and the current profitability is irrelevant to what it will be then. Last year at this time ETH was $50 and by summer it was $330. In Nov/Dec 2016 ETH profitability was 1/3 of what it currently is and those that kept mining and held were able to sell at 30X+ the profit.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 131
Wow... seems like you all use nicehash. Seriously, mine specific coins and hold them a while, when the bear market is over, im sure you will get your ROI Wink

yes, that's the right answer here!
just do the research before start miner. there is quite a difference between coins, there are coins which brings about 100% more profits then ETH right now
so the one who made research still can mine those coins, pay the bills and still have some free money to spend

That wont last long. Eth ASIC RAM based miners are to be released this spring. All the miners with their GPUs will be forced to move out from Eth and find another coins which, in turn, skyrocket the difficulty of actually all coins. More over I presume another wave of dump on the exchanges before we spike, then fall a bit and then be flatting month by month... and only then we would go up. So, guys... my thoughts, better to avoid crypto things now... at least the other half a year.
Having said that, I assume there will be a market growth in may - mid June.  Then we go back again and even lower than that now.
Thanks for your attention.

What is that ? An ASIC is basically an "algo in silicium" with NO possibility to change. Change the code of the algo, you kill the ASIC. That's why MONERO is hardforking and will do regularly to kill ASICs on their cryptonight algo.
Should ETASH change the algo, the "ASIC" would become as uselfull as a brick. At the opposite, a FPGA can be reprogrammed.
Activity: 123
Merit: 0

just do the research before start miner. there is quite a difference between coins, there are coins which brings about 100% more profits then ETH right now
so the one who made research still can mine those coins, pay the bills and still have some free money to spend

That wont last long. Eth ASIC RAM based miners are to be released this spring. All the miners with their GPUs will be forced to move out from Eth and find another coins which, in turn, skyrocket the difficulty of actually all coins. More over I presume another wave of dump on the exchanges before we spike, then fall a bit and then be flatting month by month... and only then we would go up. So, guys... my thoughts, better to avoid crypto things now... at least the other half a year.
Having said that, I assume there will be a market growth in may - mid June.  Then we go back again and even lower than that now.
Thanks for your attention.
Activity: 159
Merit: 5

Interesting.Would you mind sharing such a coin?

One must remember that most coins you have a choice of buying them or mining them. If *today* it's cheaper to buy them than it is to mine them (electricity cost) then I see no good reason to mine them. You're better off paying cash to the coin rather than to the electricity.

So the real incentive is find coins that *today* make substantially more money mining than the electricity cost. I do not know of such coins.

I searched coins on the DAgger Hashimoto, Equihash, NeoScrypt and even Cryptonight algos but most of these are just at break even level.

So if you have an example of a profitable coin *today* I'm all ears. Thanks.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
if you are in here for some time you will know for sure that everytime prices went down and mining diff went up you will see a lot of topics about how gpu mining is dead and isn't profitable anymore but that's of course if you are a short term miner and you are cashing your mining profits on a daily or a monthly basis but if you are in for the long term then it won't matter at all that for sure applies for the people who has a cheap cost for their mining not everyone is paying very much for electricity

sorry but if you are a miner just to hold, that's nonsense. In that case (holding) it's better to buy directly the coins , save your money on hardware and on electricity costs and win as much as possible when it goes up (if it ever does) with no bills to pay.

a miner, a mainstream miner, is the one who cashes out everymonth to pay the bill and enjoy the profit. i can accept that as prices are too low, you can consider mining to hold , paying the bill out of your pocket and wait for better times.

But that IMPLIES THAT YOU THINK IT WILL EVENTUALLY GO UP. So at this very moment i ask you to tell me a reason, argument, data, technical analysis or whatever you consider to believe in that. (i do not accept your faith or your beliefs or thoughts as an argument, that's bullshit)
okay i like your argument except the last part when you said "bullshit" but its okay  Smiley  i know lots of miners entered  in this industry just to make a decent income on a monthly bases but we all  know that (crypto market is new and anything that is new takes time to get adopted) and once it does you will see the change,  and about if iam basing my hunches on feelings that's totally wrong what i can tell you if i started mining some project  and if i look at their  roadmap and found something like an atm intergation of the specific project will be let say in 2019 and i trust the development team because i see they haven't lied about  any of their claims so far so i know that this i know that this coin will go up when the roadmap is complete or a part of it anyway, that's how everything in life works buddy
Activity: 420
Merit: 250

Activity: 420
Merit: 105
German Translator - Hire me on Bitcointalk!
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
RX 570/580 dosen't use 180W even dual mining. At the current profitability, 0.30/kw is break even for an undervolted RX 570/580 solo mining ETH.

http://whattomine.com/coins/151-eth-ethash?utf8=%E2%9C%93&hr=29.0&p=130.0&fee=3.0&cost=0.30&hcost=0.0&commit=Calculate

rx 580 undervolted to 800mv, normal uses 145w and dual mining almost 200w and that is not counting summer which uses at least 30% more power for cooling and other things, so the 180 watts is the normal for summer cause 800mv might work on winter but not on summer, you have to increase that to make it stable and increasing it means needing more energy.

Also, do you think your fancy exhaust don't use electricity at all when you need to turn on on summer? or most people use air conditioner and ac uses a lot of power, so get your facts straight. That 180 watts per rx 580 was conservative to say the least cause there are people running rx 580 and using 250 - 300 watts and they have no idea they are at loss mining eth right now because of trolls like you that say that mining is profitable.
Activity: 924
Merit: 15
Pure FUD.

Break even is about $0.30 / kwh

Most people pay $0.10 / kwh

Most people in the world pay $0.20 per kwh and the average might be a little higher $0.25 in the world. Germany for example pay $0.33 per kwh.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/263492/electricity-prices-in-selected-countries/

So if you pay $0.24 per kwh then you are negative, is a loss, you can't mine anything.

https://whattomine.com/coins/151-eth-ethash?utf8=%E2%9C%93&hr=30.0&p=180.0&fee=2.0&cost=0.24&hcost=450.0&commit=Calculate

RX 570/580 dosen't use 180W even dual mining. At the current profitability, 0.30/kw is break even for an RX 570/580 solo mining ETH.

so, according to your opinion it's worth mining because you break even at current prices. so 30 days mining for nothing right?? and have you considered that you may want to ROI at some point? or even enjoy the money the machines get, right?

To break even at current prices with no profit at all (just for the electricity company), i shut them down, because everymonth you use them mining, you reduce their re-sell value and you are overheating your house.

I can't think of a reason to mine , sell the coin and break even. I can't. and i'm doing my best to try.  
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
Pure FUD.

Most people in the world pay $0.20 per kwh and the average might be a little higher $0.25 in the world. Germany for example pay $0.33 per kwh.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/263492/electricity-prices-in-selected-countries/

So if you pay $0.24 per kwh then you are negative, is a loss, you can't mine anything.

https://whattomine.com/coins/151-eth-ethash?utf8=%E2%9C%93&hr=30.0&p=180.0&fee=2.0&cost=0.24&hcost=450.0&commit=Calculate

Pure FUD.

this statement is FALSE, SO IT'S BULLSHIT.

DO NOT LIE TO PEOPLE.  Angry Angry

Probably he is uneducated concerning electricity price, he just sees his ass on the line.

what worries me is that this people are always here to mislead others with false statements and lies.

Xtreme Monster
Pure FUD.

this statement is FALSE, SO IT'S BULLSHIT.

Probably he is uneducated concerning electricity price, he just sees his ass on the line.
Pure FUD.

this statement is FALSE, SO IT'S BULLSHIT. For example, most people in Spain pay 0.24$ /Kwh. Italy is like 0,26$/kwh and Germany more about 0,27-0,28$/Kwh.

if you are in here for some time you will know for sure that everytime prices went down and mining diff went up you will see a lot of topics about how gpu mining is dead and isn't profitable anymore but that's of course if you are a short term miner and you are cashing your mining profits on a daily or a monthly basis but if you are in for the long term then it won't matter at all that for sure applies for the people who has a cheap cost for their mining not everyone is paying very much for electricity

sorry but if you are a miner just to hold, that's nonsense. In that case (holding) it's better to buy directly the coins , save your money on hardware and on electricity costs and win as much as possible when it goes up (if it ever does) with no bills to pay.

a miner, a mainstream miner, is the one who cashes out everymonth to pay the bill and enjoy the profit. i can accept that as prices are too low, you can consider mining to hold , paying the bill out of your pocket and wait for better times.

But that IMPLIES THAT YOU THINK IT WILL EVENTUALLY GO UP. So at this very moment i ask you to tell me a reason, argument, data, technical analysis or whatever you consider to believe in that. (i do not accept your faith or your beliefs or thoughts as an argument, that's bullshit)
Xtreme Monster
Pure FUD.

Activity: 434
Merit: 251
Pure FUD.

Activity: 1
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Activity: 2
god bless solar power  Grin Definitely i`m buying more gpus when everybody sell for sure, happy times for me Grin
Pages:
Jump to: