Pages:
Author

Topic: I'm a bear and proud - page 5. (Read 5151 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
April 23, 2013, 10:46:25 AM
----
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
April 23, 2013, 10:41:22 AM
"I'm a bear and proud(hon)."

Anyways, my sig is waiting for you.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
April 23, 2013, 10:32:29 AM
$12 was just this past december too Genius.

I know. But I bet u and ur friend didn't think about other $12 (2 years ago), otherwise u wouldn't LOLed.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
April 23, 2013, 10:28:27 AM
I was an early adopter of bitcoin, i've been following the bitcoin market for a year, however only recently have i decided to sell my stash ? why ? well lets put some factors for your consideration
Bitcoin confirmation is too slow for any normal transaction fiat can provide, litecoins only take a few minutes, bitcoin took 45 minutes last time - massive flaw - bitcoin will eventually become that n64 console type crypto currency which will be over taken by something faster e.g litecoins/ something better, it will only get longer ( unless I'm wrong)

The bitcoin is not influenced by the press media coverage, t or by other facors at the moment,   it is controlled my individuals with mega bucks causing price manipulation,( and the mega bucks aren't that mega, in the bigger scheme of things) toying peoples bull emotions and bear emotions through massive cyclical pump and dump schemes, bitcoin is more of a gamble as to when these individuals will enforce their next pump and next dump, toying with speculator emotions like a puppet. its so obvious by observing the market,it just ignorant to disagree with this

Furthermore the bitcoin will never reach $1000, bulls stop pipe dreaming, why would individuals risk $1000 of their hard earned fiat cash, for something that isn't backed by gold/ silver or a commodity, one way to get seriously burned, but the rationale of a group

Bitcoin is now A classic get rich scheme for new users, the last crash hasn't shaken the weak hands, however have created new and more weak hands, e.g. non bitcoin believers whome wlill opt out the moment they believe the market will crash as they were only in it for the quick dough

Fed up of everyone talking about bitcoin in a bubble stated mind in this forum
these are the critical facts,
embrace it or get your wallet burnt

Bear

Bought at 12$ and you call your self early adopter? Just one word... LLLLOOOOLLLL!!!!!!!!

Sorry but your post is pure FAIL and nonsense... please, close the door behind you and take care.

An early adopter... lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllll!

This ^

OP is an idiot. I've been around bitcoin longer than him and I really don't consider myself an early adopter. The prices I got were in the range of $4.80 to $13.40.

OP is another junior member who fails lol  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

12$ was 2 years ago. Voktar and smoothie, u r so dumb, LOL.
(http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109686/, u got it Wink )

LOL so i'm dumb because I proved OP to be an idiot on his call of being an early adopter?

It's all in perspective lol.

$12 was just this past december too Genius.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
April 23, 2013, 10:28:02 AM
Let me tell you a little story. When my mommy was just a wee, bitty little girl, she could walk down to the corner store and buy an ice cream treat for 5 cents. That's right... just 5 cents!

Nowadays, if she drove her huge gas guzzling vehicle 5 miles to the ice cream stand she'd pay about 500 cents.

*GASP,* you say, 5 HUNDRED  whole cents? That's preposterous!

Now, I can see the reactions (these are fake quotes, obviously, but based on these folks' behavior, they totally would say this Wink):
Quote from: nkspace
People just aren't willing to put 500 of their hard-earned cents into ice cream. If I can save at least one person from getting burned, this was worth it. I am an early adopter. I bought in during the 1990s at 300 cents.
Quote from: ElectricMucus
It is an ice cream bubble, and it is going to pop. The current price level is unsustainable. We can't start talking about Ice Cream in dollars, because that would mean it is a cargo cult. You're all so greedy and you don't care about Ice Cream.
Quote from: proudhon
Ice cream treats are going to single digits, mark my words! Actually, I'm thinking about turning bull - we might go up to 650 cents.
Quote from: lucif
My TA shows that this is a bubble and we have a bearish wedge formation that will drive us down to the support of 480-483 cents, followed by massive panic sells all the way to Ice Cream's TRUE VALUE, which I estimate to be somewhere in the range of 8-12 cents.

Now, we just say "It costs 5 dollars." It makes people happier. Just move a couple decimal places.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
April 23, 2013, 10:22:00 AM
I was an early adopter of bitcoin, i've been following the bitcoin market for a year, however only recently have i decided to sell my stash ? why ? well lets put some factors for your consideration
Bitcoin confirmation is too slow for any normal transaction fiat can provide, litecoins only take a few minutes, bitcoin took 45 minutes last time - massive flaw - bitcoin will eventually become that n64 console type crypto currency which will be over taken by something faster e.g litecoins/ something better, it will only get longer ( unless I'm wrong)

The bitcoin is not influenced by the press media coverage, t or by other facors at the moment,   it is controlled my individuals with mega bucks causing price manipulation,( and the mega bucks aren't that mega, in the bigger scheme of things) toying peoples bull emotions and bear emotions through massive cyclical pump and dump schemes, bitcoin is more of a gamble as to when these individuals will enforce their next pump and next dump, toying with speculator emotions like a puppet. its so obvious by observing the market,it just ignorant to disagree with this

Furthermore the bitcoin will never reach $1000, bulls stop pipe dreaming, why would individuals risk $1000 of their hard earned fiat cash, for something that isn't backed by gold/ silver or a commodity, one way to get seriously burned, but the rationale of a group

Bitcoin is now A classic get rich scheme for new users, the last crash hasn't shaken the weak hands, however have created new and more weak hands, e.g. non bitcoin believers whome wlill opt out the moment they believe the market will crash as they were only in it for the quick dough

Bear

Bought at 12$ and you call your self early adopter? Just one word... LLLLOOOOLLLL!!!!!!!!

Sorry but your post is pure FAIL and nonsense... please, close the door behind you and take care.

This ^

OP is an idiot. I've been around bitcoin longer than him and I really don't consider myself an early adopter. The prices I got were in the range of $4.80 to $13.40.

12$ was 2 years ago. Voktar and smoothie, u r so dumb, LOL.
(http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109686/, u got it Wink )
Activity: 392
April 23, 2013, 10:16:09 AM
So, you don't think there are more than 21 million people out there willing to put $100 of their money into bitcoin long term? Because that's all that is needed to sustain the current price. Nevermind the big money speculators ontop of that.

And the fact there wont be 21 million Bitcoins mined in this century. Or the fact there is probably huge amount of coins lost forever and there will be some much more lost coins when non-tech-savy people come into Bitcoin. Total number of Bitcoins in circulation might be suprisingly little.
legendary
April 23, 2013, 10:15:38 AM
oh i love the flock of bulls charging

I love how every day there is another JUNIOR member claiming prices to fall to $5X.XX or lower or that they sold and the price and sky will fall because they think this or that.  Tongue
legendary
April 23, 2013, 10:14:32 AM

The bitcoin is not influenced by the press media coverage, t or by other facors at the moment,   it is controlled my individuals with mega bucks causing price manipulation,( and the mega bucks aren't that mega, in the bigger scheme of things) toying peoples bull emotions and bear emotions through massive cyclical pump and dump schemes, bitcoin is more of a gamble as to when these individuals will enforce their next pump and next dump, toying with speculator emotions like a puppet. its so obvious by observing the market,it just ignorant to disagree with this

Bear

This ^

Activity: 110
Merit: 10
April 23, 2013, 10:13:37 AM
So, you don't think there are more than 21 million people out there willing to put $100 of their money into bitcoin long term? Because that's all that is needed to sustain the current price. Nevermind the big money speculators ontop of that.
Activity: 224
April 23, 2013, 10:12:43 AM

Although I agree with the general sentiment in your post, I would definitely argue that anyone invested in Bitcoin at this time is an early adopter. In a few years anyone who got in below $1k/BTC will be looked at in awe.
Activity: 231
April 23, 2013, 10:12:34 AM

Honestly you are making yourself look foolish.  Your bear posts are nothing but a joke.

You've got nothing on electricmucus, proudhon, lucif and the rest.  those are real bears.
April 23, 2013, 10:12:24 AM
the difference with that , is that the bitcoin price fluctuates!, by the time you recieved the bitcoins, the coins have either gone up or down by 10 dollars or something, however with fiat, if you did wait 6 months, the value of the fiat will remain relatively the same, so yes  one hour confirmations is a big deal

So not only are you not an early adopter, you're also unable to read charts. If you wait 6 months, the price of bitcoin increases. There is one notable DCA range where you could have bought in (during the $32 bubble) and still suffered a significant loss 6 months later. You could argue that the $260 ATH will not be reached so people who bought in then will have suffered a loss in 6 months. But the number of people with DCAs in that range is so small, it hardly supports your stated case.

Furthermore, you suffer from not only "tunnel vision," but also "America Syndrome." We see in many cases countries where hyperinflation happens overnight. In Argentina, even with the fluctuation in bitcoin prices, at least there's a solid chance of retaining value compared to the Peso, which is depreciating at 10-35% per year depending on whose figures you trust. And of course we have multiple countries introducing legislation to provide for legal confiscation of uninsured electronic fiat. But in America, it's always "Lol, that would never happen here. I'm an American, in America that would never happen" In America you don't buy gold, silver, or bitcoins because those are silly whackjob volatile investments that could never compete with the stability of FIAT currency.
If your point is -
In the short term, fiat is a much safer investment than P2P cryptocurrencies, gold, or silver -
Then I agree. Absolutely no doubt.
But the following -
In the long term, fiat is a much safer investment than P2P cryptocurrencies, gold, or silver
 -That's up in the air, considering current monetary policy environment.

It's always nice to have a hedge. Hedges aren't always safe when what you're hedging against appears to be safe; that's the nature of the beast. Don't sell ALL your coins. Keep a few. The rest, sell to me on the cheap Wink
Activity: 110
Merit: 10
April 23, 2013, 10:11:50 AM

That's right, everyone is disagreeing with you because you are right... Roll Eyes
April 23, 2013, 10:08:29 AM
April 23, 2013, 10:07:26 AM
however, i knew that, however bitcoin works jsut aswell being 10 dollars as 1000 dollars, due to 10 to the power of 7 creating alot of dough in bitcoin yet the inflation of price would ust be speculative, so yes 1000 dollars would get you burnt as it could operate at 100 dollars just aswell
Activity: 125
April 23, 2013, 10:05:51 AM
Out of all the reasons to be bearish on bitcoin, your reasoning stems from your lack of understanding of the currency. Shame really.
April 23, 2013, 10:03:34 AM

100% proof that this Junior Profile "early adopter" has no idea what he's talking about. This is a classic example of the psychological barrier of a price of "1 whole bitcoin." It doesn't matter whether you buy 1 whole bitcoin or a piece of a bitcoin or 2 and 3/17ths of a bitcoin. The fact that OP is hung up on the "whole bitcoin = $$X" issue is a dead giveaway that he doesn't really understand bitcoin.

Individuals don't have to risk $1000 of their hard earned cash because "one whole bitcoin" doesn't matter. They can risk $200 or $5 or $5,000,000.

$1000 per One Whole Bitcoin is "unreachable," so what IS reachable? $1000 CAD for 3 bitcoins? 10000 JPY for one millibitcoin? $175 for 0.75 bitcoins? 3,000,000 pesos for a kilobitcoin? 14 remnibi for one satoshi? Take a discrete math class, for god's sake, this is all psychological.

In the code, bitcoin values do not even have a decimal place. They are just a big long string of integers. The decimal place is put in where it is for easy readability, and obviously in its infancy, one bitcoin being worth 50 cents or 1.75 was not psychologically outrageous. In the same way that some large companies split stocks to avoid the psychological barrier of a large stock value, using mBTC or smaller values solves the same problem. The whole number before the decimal DOES NOT MATTER! It is purely psychological. The fact that you do not understand this shows how likely it is that you are really an "early adopter," as the true early adopters tend to have done their research on the concept before buying in. 

Did you say you bought at $12?
buoght at 12 dollars,

So you're not really an "early adopter." You bought in a few months ago and are calling yourself an "early adopter." Lol.

April 23, 2013, 10:02:45 AM
i rest my case
April 23, 2013, 10:02:11 AM
the difference with that , is that the bitcoin price fluctuates!, by the time you recieved the bitcoins, the coins have either gone up or down by 10 dollars or something, however with fiat, if you did wait 6 months, the value of the fiat will remain relatively the same, so yes  one hour confirmations is a big deal
Pages:
Jump to: