Pages:
Author

Topic: I'm really leaving the U.S. for a 3rd world country because of politics - page 2. (Read 15939 times)

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
I have talked about leaving here and there, as well. But I haven't done it, yet. Does this make me only a B-leaver?

Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276
If the US will have problems, the rest of the world will have "problems squared".  North America will always be the mecca to go to, in good times and in bad times.

'Always' is a long time.  I'm sure that the people of Babel and the people of Sodom thought the same thing.  I myself drank the Koolaid for most of my life and believed about as you describe more-or-less.  I'm currently of the opinion that A) it's 'more fun' to live in a place with is improving than one which is disintegrating even if the curves have yet to meet, and B) a population which has grown up living closer to the edge will be much more capable of coping with hard times.  Some might not even notice!

People who bitch about the US don't have any idea what they are bitching about.  The US has the best universities, the best hospitals, best high-tech companies, the best financial system, it is the place where the smartest people on the planet want to go to live and study.

I think I have an idea of what I'm bitching about since I've lived in both and I currently live surprisingly happily in The Philippines.  My level of enjoyment and contentment have so far vastly exceeded my expectations.  Ceasing my participation in the decadence and debauchery of the United States is like having a great stone that I only vaguely realized was there lifted from my chest.

I would highly encourage anyone who can to go to the U.S. to milk it.  For instance, if one can get a medical degree, by all means go to the U.S..  Something (cough...vaccines...cough...) has made it so a vast majority of 'mericans are sick with chronic illnesses so as a doctor one doesn't even need to 'cure' them.  They've been conditioned to not even expect it!  Just hand out some meds and make millions.  Even if a particular peep doesn't have the money to pay you 50x what you could get in most countries, the health care system so socialized that someone else will pay the bill.

That's just one way of many to get rich.  I suggest that a person keeps their foot in the door and be ready to bail at a moments notice though.  When the U.S. falls it's going to be 'biblical' so to speak.

legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468

I chose the Philippines for 2 reasons, mainly: cost of living was low and I like the women.

I chose The Philippines because I met a woman who I thought could help me with some things I wanted to do.  I didn't know initially that she was Filipino because she was working elsewhere.  Only when I found out did I start to study the place and decided that it had a lot of positives for me.

I'm not sure why I didn't consider The Philippines more strongly earlier.  I think that there is a dedicated effort world-wide to shit-talk The Philippines and I was partially a victim of it.  It is especially strong in the country itself.  I suspect that the reason for this is related to the 'demoralization' that Yuri Bezmenov talks about as one phase in destabilizing and overthrowing a country.  Unfortunately it has worked pretty well.  Lots of Filipinos consider their country hopeless.  I'm more and more convinced that it is not.  Obviously it's got some problems, but so does every country.

My hope is that Duterte and future presidents increase the concept of nationalism among the people and address some of the main problems that the nation has.  I'm quite convinced that many of the problems are artificially inserted, and the drug problems specifically.  Probably the communist problems and the radical Islamic issues as well.

The wealth gap is unfathomable. People complain about it in America, but its like 5x wider here. The middle class are about 100x richer than the poor. I can't understand how some people can make 180 pesos a day (approx. $3.60) and some make 5,000 per day. That's the width of the middle class. Millions make even less than 180 per day. All I can do is be thankful that I was born where I was born - which allowed me to have the privileges that I do - and try to be humble about it. The last thing I would ever do is be a douche nozzle to the locals because of it.

I left the U.S. in part because I wanted to try to make a positive contribution and wanted my money to NOT go toward causing worldwide misery and death.  These things and general depravity are, in my opinion, about the only exports that the U.S. does any more.  In a place like The Philippines where there is so much need one can make a tiny positive contribution in peoples lives about a dozen times per day just being alive.  I like the feeling of living this way.

Another reason I set up for a '2nd option' is that I do think there is a certain well-more-than-zero percent chance of some real problems in the U.S. of the type that few people can really imagine, and it could realistically happen within my lifetime.  I think that my country has sunk so low because our leadership has been captured by some real scumbags.  Worse, I don't think that these people have any more care for the U.S. than they have for any of the other nations which we are in the process of imploding.  We are just a useful tool for now.  When our usefulness is over it will be our turn in the barrel, and we may get it even worse than, say, Libya because that will be the most useful and 'safest' outcome for our tormentors.  'Controlled Demolition', bitches.

If the US will have problems, the rest of the world will have "problems squared".  North America will always be the mecca to go to, in good times and in bad times.

People who bitch about the US don't have any idea what they are bitching about.  The US has the best universities, the best hospitals, best high-tech companies, the best financial system, it is the place where the smartest people on the planet want to go to live and study.
legendary

I chose the Philippines for 2 reasons, mainly: cost of living was low and I like the women.

I chose The Philippines because I met a woman who I thought could help me with some things I wanted to do.  I didn't know initially that she was Filipino because she was working elsewhere.  Only when I found out did I start to study the place and decided that it had a lot of positives for me.

I'm not sure why I didn't consider The Philippines more strongly earlier.  I think that there is a dedicated effort world-wide to shit-talk The Philippines and I was partially a victim of it.  It is especially strong in the country itself.  I suspect that the reason for this is related to the 'demoralization' that Yuri Bezmenov talks about as one phase in destabilizing and overthrowing a country.  Unfortunately it has worked pretty well.  Lots of Filipinos consider their country hopeless.  I'm more and more convinced that it is not.  Obviously it's got some problems, but so does every country.

My hope is that Duterte and future presidents increase the concept of nationalism among the people and address some of the main problems that the nation has.  I'm quite convinced that many of the problems are artificially inserted, and the drug problems specifically.  Probably the communist problems and the radical Islamic issues as well.

The wealth gap is unfathomable. People complain about it in America, but its like 5x wider here. The middle class are about 100x richer than the poor. I can't understand how some people can make 180 pesos a day (approx. $3.60) and some make 5,000 per day. That's the width of the middle class. Millions make even less than 180 per day. All I can do is be thankful that I was born where I was born - which allowed me to have the privileges that I do - and try to be humble about it. The last thing I would ever do is be a douche nozzle to the locals because of it.

I left the U.S. in part because I wanted to try to make a positive contribution and wanted my money to NOT go toward causing worldwide misery and death.  These things and general depravity are, in my opinion, about the only exports that the U.S. does any more.  In a place like The Philippines where there is so much need one can make a tiny positive contribution in peoples lives about a dozen times per day just being alive.  I like the feeling of living this way.

Another reason I set up for a '2nd option' is that I do think there is a certain well-more-than-zero percent chance of some real problems in the U.S. of the type that few people can really imagine, and it could realistically happen within my lifetime.  I think that my country has sunk so low because our leadership has been captured by some real scumbags.  Worse, I don't think that these people have any more care for the U.S. than they have for any of the other nations which we are in the process of imploding.  We are just a useful tool for now.  When our usefulness is over it will be our turn in the barrel, and we may get it even worse than, say, Libya because that will be the most useful and 'safest' outcome for our tormentors.  'Controlled Demolition', bitches.

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
I didn't quite get this part... How do you live in a place like that if it's so dangerous? The US passport can provide access almost to any country, why did you choose this? But I think that's a great experience anyway.

Well, parts of anywhere, especially the U.S., can be pretty dangerous. The same situation could have happened if I was living in a bad part of a hundred different cities in America.

I chose the Philippines for 2 reasons, mainly: cost of living was low and I like the women. After the first time I really experienced Angeles City, woow, I was hooked! There's absolutely nothing like that in America. Here's a video if you want to get an idea of what I'm talking about (I didn't really watch it but it will give you the basic idea of what's up):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXEn9fkA7gg

Then after I lived there for almost a year, I was just like, ehh... I'm over it. So I moved on. Basically, just don't be an ass and you'll be fine. You have to really be open to changing your attitude about things as well. Its good to be a "go with the flow" kind of person and not expect to have your way all the time, or you'll be extremely disappointed.

The discussion is getting funny at the same time serious in here.

It is kind of romantic when someone from a much well-off country (which I suppose you are from) speaks of canned sardines and carinderias in a positive way. The sad thing, however, is that ₱60 may be cheap to you but not to many of the ordinary citizens here. If one ordinary worker spends ₱60 per meal here, he'll be spending ₱180/day for meals alone. That could mean one is eating up more than half of his daily wage. That cannot be. There won't be anything left for the family if that's the case.

The worse thing here is that the government does not make anything better. I suppose the government where you are coming from is looking after the welfare of its people. The government here can only offer lip service.  

Yes, the gap between the layers of society is a real scourge of people. But how to deal with it? Some countries seem to have dealt with this, but I do not understand enough how they dealt with it.
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 8114
legendary

As for peep outflows, increased individual monitoring ('real-ID' to cross state lines and such) will stop-loss for the medical/industrial complex.  I predict that you will be welcome to go to Mexico for treatment as long as you reimburse the U.S. healthcare system for their losses through taxes and surcharges and the like, and as long as the Mexican treatment regimes are as disastrous for your health as the U.S. one is.  Probably it will have to be overseen by the same (((group of planners))) ultimately.

Until a few hearty Americans take the Real-ID perpetrators to court, man-to-man, for right to travel infringement.

Cool
legendary

I read a news article the other day that talked about a woman in the States who needed a knee replacement. She, her doctor, and Social Security all agreed on performing the operation in Mexico, at a medically approve facility. The cost was less than half of what it would have cost her in the States, and that included transportation costs for both, herself and her doctor.

Only a 50% savings?  I'd say the woman is getting totally screwed.  Seems like medical cost 1/10th U.S. prices in The Philippines, and often much less than that.

Anyway, fixing this bug seems like the only purpose for Trump's 'wall' between the U.S. and Mexico.  I've said all along that the 'wall' is mostly a 'virtual' thing involving trade and political agreements.

When it comes to moving peeps back and forth I have no reason to believe other than that peep inflows will progress as (((certain people))) consider necessary for their goals.  Indigent low skilled people who will go on welfare are more than welcome.  Read Clowerd-Piven.

As for peep outflows, increased individual monitoring ('real-ID' to cross state lines and such) will stop-loss for the medical/industrial complex.  I predict that you will be welcome to go to Mexico for treatment as long as you reimburse the U.S. healthcare system for their losses through taxes and surcharges and the like, and as long as the Mexican treatment regimes are as disastrous for your health as the U.S. one is.  Probably it will have to be overseen by the same (((group of planners))) ultimately.

To paraphrase the Trix commercial from my generation:

Silly pleb; labor spreads are for the wealthy globalists!

legendary
I read a news article the other day that talked about a woman in the States who needed a knee replacement. She, her doctor, and Social Security all agreed on performing the operation in Mexico, at a medically approve facility. The cost was less than half of what it would have cost her in the States, and that included transportation costs for both, herself and her doctor.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1860
Canned sardines with egg, Canned Sardines with soy sauce and vinegar, Cheap vegetables that you can ask for a cheaper price, Noodles etc. There also a lot of carienderias everywhere which you can have a decent food, with rice free soup and unlimited water (lol)  for only Php 60.00 = $1.5 +- , For dresses there are also thrift shops everwhere, cheap but decent dresses. Ask her to cook you some "dilis" or "tuyo", I think you would love it.

Robbery or Akyat Bahay, is an inevitable "entity" specially in crowded places or squatter areas.

I mean, That is what Philippines can offer,decent job means decent life but what it makes difficult to live here is the Shitty Government, and that's the reality, this Government is Anti-Poor and that's part of living here, taking all the shit and also i forgot to add the Traffic, Inconvenience in Commuting, Guess you experienced the hell of commuting.

The discussion is getting funny at the same time serious in here.

It is kind of romantic when someone from a much well-off country (which I suppose you are from) speaks of canned sardines and carinderias in a positive way. The sad thing, however, is that ₱60 may be cheap to you but not to many of the ordinary citizens here. If one ordinary worker spends ₱60 per meal here, he'll be spending ₱180/day for meals alone. That could mean one is eating up more than half of his daily wage. That cannot be. There won't be anything left for the family if that's the case.

The worse thing here is that the government does not make anything better. I suppose the government where you are coming from is looking after the welfare of its people. The government here can only offer lip service.   
Activity: 112
Merit: 0
We did rent for about 7 months, and yes it was a lot cheaper, however I never got around to buying an aircon or a decent bed, and after a while, everyone knows where you live and just shows up at your door randomly... I didn't like that part, and prefer to be on the move.

One night the Barangay Tanod told me I should move because there was a known robber who would come visit my next door neighbors. Apparently he was a real bad apple, and they actually feared for my and my girlfriend's safety. They told me, "some day we're gonna have to kill him." So, when the police tell you you should move, its time to move.

Since then I've been living in a combination of cheap hotels and AirBnBs.

I didn't quite get this part... How do you live in a place like that if it's so dangerous? The US passport can provide access almost to any country, why did you choose this? But I think that's a great experience anyway.
Activity: 322
Merit: 252
I only read the first post, My Take: Philippines is a good choice for living, if you have a work with a work from home set up , you can live $50 daily for a food.

$50? That would be terrific! I actually have become accustomed to living on somewhere between $10 and $30 a day for food. Some days 300 pesos lasts the whole day, mainly because my girlfriend is a great cook. She makes a mean pork adobo. One other thing I never had before that I found out is quite delicious is flayed eggplant battered with egg.

Electricity Rate and Both Water Rate is not that expensive tho yearly they have an outage problem. If your girlfriend is a Philippine Citizen, you can also have to apply for a rent to own house which is i think have an easy paying scheme.

We did rent for about 7 months, and yes it was a lot cheaper, however I never got around to buying an aircon or a decent bed, and after a while, everyone knows where you live and just shows up at your door randomly... I didn't like that part, and prefer to be on the move.

One night the Barangay Tanod told me I should move because there was a known robber who would come visit my next door neighbors. Apparently he was a real bad apple, and they actually feared for my and my girlfriend's safety. They told me, "some day we're gonna have to kill him." So, when the police tell you you should move, its time to move.

Having a decent job with a decent pay you can really survive here in the Philippines. One Major Problem here is the Government, They continue to lick Chinese Government Asses, Duterte's Government is not only "extra judicial killings", Senators, Mayors, Much of them are stupid ass-lickers of Duterte, While Duterte is a stupid ass licker of China. News for this Government's stupidity is not only happening once, it happens everyday and I'm sick of it, Much of the Filipinos are poor, uneducated and uninformed who uses free facebook (a place where idiots shares fake news and continue to support this hellish Government) which made them a fan and a supporter of this Shitty Government.

LOL. Your comment started off so positive. I stay out of politics. I was here in 2016 during the presidential debates, and I remember watching on TV when Rody said they should bring him out to the Spratly Islands on a speedboat, and he will plant the Philippines flag there, and let the Chinese to do him "what they wish." He's pretty much done a 180 degree turnaround on his stance toward China since then, which just goes to show he's also just another politician, to a certain degree.
Canned sardines with egg, Canned Sardines with soy sauce and vinegar, Cheap vegetables that you can ask for a cheaper price, Noodles etc. There also a lot of carienderias everywhere which you can have a decent food, with rice free soup and unlimited water (lol)  for only Php 60.00 = $1.5 +- , For dresses there are also thrift shops everwhere, cheap but decent dresses. Ask her to cook you some "dilis" or "tuyo", I think you would love it.

Robbery or Akyat Bahay, is an inevitable "entity" specially in crowded places or squatter areas.

I mean, That is what Philippines can offer,decent job means decent life but what it makes difficult to live here is the Shitty Government, and that's the reality, this Government is Anti-Poor and that's part of living here, taking all the shit and also i forgot to add the Traffic, Inconvenience in Commuting, Guess you experienced the hell of commuting.
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 8114
I only read the first post, My Take: Philippines is a good choice for living, if you have a work with a work from home set up , you can live $50 daily for a food.

$50? That would be terrific! I actually have become accustomed to living on somewhere between $10 and $30 a day for food. Some days 300 pesos lasts the whole day, mainly because my girlfriend is a great cook. She makes a mean pork adobo. One other thing I never had before that I found out is quite delicious is flayed eggplant battered with egg.

Electricity Rate and Both Water Rate is not that expensive tho yearly they have an outage problem. If your girlfriend is a Philippine Citizen, you can also have to apply for a rent to own house which is i think have an easy paying scheme.

Having a decent job with a decent pay you can really survive here in the Philippines. One Major Problem here is the Government, They continue to lick Chinese Government Asses, Duterte's Government is not only "extra judicial killings", Senators, Mayors, Much of them are stupid ass-lickers of Duterte, While Duterte is a stupid ass licker of China. News for this Government's stupidity is not only happening once, it happens everyday and I'm sick of it, Much of the Filipinos are poor, uneducated and uninformed who uses free facebook (a place where idiots shares fake news and continue to support this hellish Government) which made them a fan and a supporter of this Shitty Government.

LOL. Your comment started off so positive. I stay out of politics. I was here in 2016 during the presidential debates, and I remember watching on TV when Rody said they should bring him out to the Spratly Islands on a speedboat, and he will plant the Philippines flag there, and let the Chinese to do him "what they wish." He's pretty much done a 180 degree turnaround on his stance toward China since then, which just goes to show he's also just another politician, to a certain degree.
Activity: 322
Merit: 252
I only read the first post, My Take: Philippines is a good choice for living, if you have a work with a work from home set up , you can live $50 daily for a food. Electricity Rate and Both Water Rate is not that expensive tho yearly they have an outage problem. If your girlfriend is a Philippine Citizen, you can also have to apply for a rent to own house which is i think have an easy paying scheme.

Having a decent job with a decent pay you can really survive here in the Philippines. One Major Problem here is the Government, They continue to lick Chinese Government Asses, Duterte's Government is not only "extra judicial killings", Senators, Mayors, Much of them are stupid ass-lickers of Duterte, While Duterte is a stupid ass licker of China. News for this Government's stupidity is not only happening once, it happens everyday and I'm sick of it, Much of the Filipinos are poor, uneducated and uninformed who uses free facebook (a place where idiots shares fake news and continue to support this hellish Government) which made them a fan and a supporter of this Shitty Government. Anyway, Good Luck, I hope you find a comfort and peace living here in the Philippines with your Girlfriend.

legendary
Now, you have moved to a country where politics does not exist?

Simply say you wants to explore new environments and try new cultures. Never blame your relocation on politics because politics is everywhere. And even worse in some of those countries in Asia. It's just a matter of time before you begin to miss America.

Good luck in your quests for happiness!

I already miss America.  All of my family and friends are there.  I've got a ton of property and a lifetime build up of toys that I left behind (buildings, excavators, rare motorcycles, etc, etc.)  I could easily run out the clock there in perfect contentment...for as long as things remain more-or-less as they are now at least.  Indeed I very much hope to be able to come back.

I'm not seeking 'happiness'.  In fact it is said that being stupid is a key to being happy.  "ignorant, stupid people can deny the HORRIBLE TRUTH of this terrible world of suffering and live happily."  There are not very many happy 'truthers' and being one is probably at least 50% a hard-wired thing.  But you play the hand that you were dealt.

Activity: 45
Merit: 28
Now, you have moved to a country where politics does not exist?

Simply say you wants to explore new environments and try new cultures. Never blame your relocation on politics because politics is everywhere. And even worse in some of those countries in Asia. It's just a matter of time before you begin to miss America.

Good luck in your quests for happiness!
Activity: 1246
Merit: 588

You are full of shit.

The people in Mindanao want 'martial law'.  The government would rather be done with it because it's expensive and a lot of the military is tied up in Mindanao (and thus less able to deal with the communist insurgency which is all over the country.)

The people who are bitching are the so-called 'liberals' who are, in my opinion, largely funded and animated by the NWO crowd (that is, the global corporatists) and in favor all all the standard NWO methods (trans-gender fagotry, fake-ass 'environmental' issues, etc, etc.)  They largely _don't_ live in Mindanao.  Unsurprisingly what passes for 'liberals' tend to be unusually corrupt and they lost the last election big-time in part for this reason.  That is my analysis anyway.

I've spent significant time in Mindanao over the last year and even more time studying the security situation.  I have been through checkpoints numerous times.  The soldiers running them are professional and respectful.  At least to me.  This isn't (American puppet) Marco's 'martial law' where you stop at a checkpoint and they rape your wife.

That is actually true, the only threat you might want to consider being in the Mindanao area is if you will encounter some terrorist groups. It is actually a lot safer being watched by Army (most of them are actually more loyal,respectful and polite officials) rather than being in the urban places of the Philippines where there are more "Police" Officials who are abusing their powers which are called "police scalawag".
legendary

Another philosophical reason I had for voting with my feet:  I consider that anything I add economical to the United States goes directly to the creation of misery and death _all around the world_.  Morally we are plumbing the depths of depravity on a political level.  

I used to work in the health insurance industry so I know exactly what you're talking about, even if it only applies 100% domestically. I used to combat insurance fraud via high-volume data analysis, but the system was so fouled by people who had been taking such hardcore advantage of it for so long, eventually it drove me nuts, and I got fired. I forgot what the exact reason was, but something along the lines of refusing to close a case tangentially involving one of our medical directors. It was an ophthalmologist who would issue botox injections for other doctors, covering it under the insurance as treatment for "blepharospasm" (which has an incidence rate of 1 in 10,000 where botox can be effective in alleviating it).

That and the marking up of lifesaving drugs of thousands of percent, passing the full charge on to poor people when their medicaid had expired, writing collections letters to them for hundreds of thousands of dollars... It was disgusting. Fuck that.

I had limited experience with the American health care system, thank God, but even the tiny bit I did shocked the hell out of me.  Your description of fraud and theft is something that everyone who is involved sees even if most people keep their mouths shut and let it ride...or often enough themselves step up to the trough.

If it were just internal corruption that might be something to stay home and fight.  It's vastly more than that though.  Running mercenary forces with names like ISIS to destroy and ethno-religiously cleanse entire regions (Libya, Syria, Iraq, etc) is a whole step down the ladder.  Same with testing out new weapons on civilians.  It may well be that 'we' do it (or tolerate it) in our capacity as a Talmudic golem, but that's no excuse and even more reason to worry for the future.

Looks to me like we U.S. citizens as people are being wrung out financially before being rendered into sausage.  The medical system is just one of the ways in which this is happening, but one of the bigger ones to be sure.  The thing is that if our 'leaders' will tolerate the kinds of internal corruption that harms so many Americans, and external evil that we see all around if we open our eyes, there is simply no reason to hope that they would not be willing participants in a controlled demolition of the U.S. as a nation state.  I'm expecting that the U.S. will be parted out and handed over in payment for debts already incurred.  Pretty similar in some ways to what happened to the Soviet Union.  And, interestingly, some of the beneficiaries (the so-called 'Russian' Oligarchs) will likely be some of the very same people.

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1123
Thank you for sharing your story, thoughts, plans and day-to-day. I'm reading along, inspired, hopeful and conflicted.
Good luck on your journey, I wish I was able to support you with more than just words.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1354
~....
The people who are bitching are the so-called 'liberals' who are, in my opinion, largely funded and animated by the NWO crowd (that is, the global corporatists) and in favor all all the standard NWO methods (trans-gender fagotry, fake-ass 'environmental' issues, etc, etc.)  They largely _don't_ live in Mindanao.
~...
That's what I want to say, those people who are not from Mindanao are those people who got the balls to protest and do some shitty rally in the Luzon area, which US are easily enjoying our daily lives, even me which I grew up in the south south south of Mindanao and even some random riffle shots at nights became normal on us.

The martial law now are like 'normal' for us, we don't even complain about it. (It also depends on different area here in Mindanao, I visited some cities here which have curfew at 11pm)
Maybe those protesting in Luzon areas about Martial Law in Mindanao are comparing it to the Martial Law before Marcos time (which I don't even experience it).
Pages:
Jump to: