Pages:
Author

Topic: Imagine a cashless society - page 15. (Read 1764 times)

Activity: 980
Merit: 502
April 15, 2018, 10:19:00 AM
Just by using your phone, you could purchase almost anything. No need to withdraw on an atm. No more heavy coins on your pocket. Paying bills, and purchasing tickets without standing on a line. Very convenient and less time consuming. I know we're already using credit cards right now, but using a single currency like bitcoin world wide could really help on transaction, having less error than the normal and faster transfer and of course the security. Do you guys think this could happen in the future of bitcoin?
Yes it’s true that cashless society is gaining a lot of popularity among the new generations throughout the world and it has also gained a lot of success and most of the users are now giving a positive support to words having a cashless society. But still it comes with many negatives such as cashless society requires electricity to run and still there are many countries in the world where electricity is not there. Then cashless society also requires a stable internet connection and still there are many places where it is not available.
Activity: 444
Merit: 250
April 15, 2018, 10:04:22 AM
Sweden is the closest thing we have to a cashless society and they are starting to worry about the consequences:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43645676

Sweden is winning the race towards becoming the world's first completely cashless society, but there are growing concerns it's causing problems for the elderly and other vulnerable groups.

It's got to the stage there were most bank branches refuse to let you withdraw cash. I think that's scary.
I think it is good and bad as well because cashless means that all your money has taken by some body and you have only a card or a digital wallet which is totally in the controls of some other hands. But on the other side there are lots of benefits of cashless society easy use and no fear of losing and looting is the main.

Activity: 2212
Merit: 786
April 15, 2018, 09:57:05 AM
Just by using your phone, you could purchase almost anything. No need to withdraw on an atm. No more heavy coins on your pocket. Paying bills, and purchasing tickets without standing on a line. Very convenient and less time consuming. I know we're already using credit cards right now, but using a single currency like bitcoin world wide could really help on transaction, having less error than the normal and faster transfer and of course the security. Do you guys think this could happen in the future of bitcoin?

This is the ideal situation for almost all countries, as having a digitalised form of payment can provide steadily convenience, accessibility, and security among the society. Adapting bitcoin as an international currency in the world may seem beneficial and ideal as the benefits it provide have no limits with regards to the efficiency and usability of it.
Though this may be the ideal situation that we dream, there are a lot of negative implications it entails, such as:

• Embracing bitcoin as the international currency implies that all countries must accept its value and status;
  • The value of bitcoin is very volatile, thus making prices in the market inconsistent everyday;
  • Having a digitalised payment which exists on the internet is always susceptible to hackings and scams; and
  • Every country in the world has their economic standing. Most develop countries may be able to adapt to the changes but underdeveloped countries may be prejudicial into the implementation of bitcoin as a payment since they need to focus more on the development aspect of their country's infrastructure and developments in their current system.

Like what I mentioned, the world is too immature in implementing bitcoin as a standardized payment in the world due to voluminous reasons. But I see bitcoin as a gateway towards this development as it may be the platform used as we adapt to this ideal payment structure.
Activity: 261
Merit: 0
April 15, 2018, 09:48:11 AM

People without cash will be better, because we do not have to bother to bring cash and all can be done through the phone. I'm sure it will happen in the future, fiat money is replaced with digital money and everything will be easier.
Activity: 139
April 15, 2018, 09:22:59 AM
If people without cash may be robbers a bit difficult to rob our money, but keep in mind that robbers have various ways to rob our money, even if we are not careful, we must always be vigilant and keep ourselves alert.
Activity: 294
April 15, 2018, 07:35:04 AM
That would be an ideal world since it is less likely you are going to get robbed for your digital cash, it provides more security and is much more convenient.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
April 15, 2018, 07:32:09 AM
So, what are the benefits of using non-cash transactions? Many. However, it can also be very dangerous. Why? Because cashless is actually like a double-edged sword. If those who use wisely and understand the function of the sword at once can control it, the benefits will be amazing.
Activity: 546
Merit: 100
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
April 15, 2018, 06:38:57 AM
Not good at all. I believe that the technology of our world can not provide us a good cashless society. It is hard for me to think about the future but it seems very shady. Cash will stay with us for at least a century while people will find the way to create a cashless world

Cash will stay forever, I can't  imagine life without cash. Crypto currency can also use to buy other things we want but cash never ignore especially in the place that no internet and can't connect in technology, they always use cash even cashless will be create.
Activity: 134
April 15, 2018, 06:23:11 AM
It was a very comfortable life. Everyone can do something simple without taking too long. But I'm also imagining that not everyone understands the digital currency. So cash will they use for those who do not understand cryptocurrency.
Activity: 266
Merit: 100
April 15, 2018, 03:54:37 AM
Not good at all. I believe that the technology of our world can not provide us a good cashless society. It is hard for me to think about the future but it seems very shady. Cash will stay with us for at least a century while people will find the way to create a cashless world
Activity: 784
April 15, 2018, 02:27:20 AM
of course one day something like this could happen. currently only the development of more advanced technology and a lot of the ease with which it could be accepted in society. It's just that if payment has not been fully bitcoin can be applied in every country.
Activity: 141
April 15, 2018, 02:14:37 AM
It is not so far from us this days. It is a common thing for people from some countries not to grab with them cash at all, just paying with NFC and cards, so yeah...
No I think that it will take a long time because in many countries many people are still unaware of bitcoin and they will not invest their hard earn money in some ghost money until they have not fully aware of that. There are many countries who banned bitcoin in their countries which is not good for its future.
Activity: 812
Merit: 260
April 15, 2018, 12:06:08 AM
It is so surprising and amazing to have bitcoin and I can't wait to see to have a cashless society, just imagine how our world will work because of this. It is really amazing to have this kind of idea, a big change will come into our world.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034
April 14, 2018, 11:05:44 PM
I think this will happen with bitcoin. Nowadays, all banks have prepared a digital transaction as an example of their products, e-money, credit cards, and even they have launched smartphone-based applications to conduct various transactions of its customers. All banks almost have the same goal in this digital era that is to make people transact without carrying cash or wallet, only with their smartphones can transact anytime and anywhere. It becomes a way of receiving bitcoin in the eyes of society and it is not impossible that bitcoin technology can be adopted by several banks.
Activity: 329
Merit: 3
April 14, 2018, 09:12:03 PM
It sounds good to have a cashless society, if this happened to other countries, and the result was much better than to have fiat in thier pocket, well I think other countries will sooner suggests that too, and becoming universal
Even if it sounds so sweet and good. It still not possible.
We still need both of them until many stores accepts it, there are many online shops and apps that accepts bitcoin as their payment, there are created for different uses, for shopping, for paying bills, and etc. It gist need more time before it fully implements ,but there is a need to orient the people that will be took to long to adopt in changes.
Yes, cashless society needs fully internet connection on all establishment like what we did on our electronics card, debit card and credit card and by using bitcoin on every monetary transaction is very hard for now since the fact that only few establishment are accepting bitcoin for buying goods and services. One thing I have seen on its advantage and that is about security against theft and money snatching as what always happen on fiat money.

It would be very comfortable and worry free if we will have a cashless society since everything will be electonically done. However, strong internet connection and high powered satellites must be installed even to remote areas which means a bigger cost to the government or private institution which will also be passed on to its citizen therefore additional expense from our po kets. It would be a great idea but practically way too difficult especially here in our country but of course everything is possible though it will take years of hardwork and patience before that will happen.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 504
April 14, 2018, 09:04:00 PM
Yes it is very possible, over time credit or debit card will be inefficient if made as a transaction tool, I myself have experienced it right now, in my wallet too many debit cards that make it full, it shows that the cards are less efficient, in the future we can be sure we will all use our smartphones more often to transact because it is more efficient and more simple if all in one grip.
I think a credit card or debit card is included in cashless right? anyway now you can also use credit cards online no need to bring credit cards to shop? but of course the more advanced technology and payment system will be more sophisticated. it may be more credit card will be perfected. not in the form of cards but already digital in the mobile phone every customer. it(cashless) will surely happen sometime later.
Activity: 510
Merit: 102
April 14, 2018, 08:14:49 PM
It sounds good to have a cashless society, if this happened to other countries, and the result was much better than to have fiat in thier pocket, well I think other countries will sooner suggests that too, and becoming universal
Even if it sounds so sweet and good. It still not possible.
We still need both of them until many stores accepts it, there are many online shops and apps that accepts bitcoin as their payment, there are created for different uses, for shopping, for paying bills, and etc. It gist need more time before it fully implements ,but there is a need to orient the people that will be took to long to adopt in changes.
Yes, cashless society needs fully internet connection on all establishment like what we did on our electronics card, debit card and credit card and by using bitcoin on every monetary transaction is very hard for now since the fact that only few establishment are accepting bitcoin for buying goods and services. One thing I have seen on its advantage and that is about security against theft and money snatching as what always happen on fiat money.
Activity: 344
April 14, 2018, 07:58:19 PM
In my country living in, a cashless living is possible. It’s more of your choice, we can pay everything by just sitting in our room or using cards if we go shopping. Scan and pay is now a trend in our place of residence and that is advantageous to us in such way that lines will be shorten and much efficiently done without money change.

This cashless transaction is available in almost all country, but it remain as our choice if we do the same or do what comfortable to you.
That still is not a cashless society. Ultimately, the amount is being transferred in the form of paper money. Your dealings will be still in your local currency and that is absolutely paper money. Cash is involved and honestly, it is not possible to have a cashless society at the present moment. With the passage of time, when digital currencies will overtake paper money, it might become possible.
Yes it is still not look like possible but i think that in far future when all the people of the world will start using bitcoin may be then it become possible, but still it will take a lot of time.
Activity: 266
Merit: 12
April 14, 2018, 06:36:24 PM
Even if it sounds so sweet and good. It's still not possible. Maybe it may happen in the next century, but for now, no. For our society to become a cashless society or countries, every society and countries in this world must have an equilibrium level of technology. Whereby, there won't be a need for paper currency.  This may be hard to achieve because,  some countries are still lacking heavily in technology.
Activity: 41
April 14, 2018, 05:23:45 PM
Technically speaking the era of cashless/all in one on a device like a phone is already here and the infrastructure is growing rapidly. Canada, for example, has widely adopted mobile debit and they are almost all tap enabled for Apple Pay, Android wallet and tap cards.

Interesting you mentioned using a phone. My main question is what will replace the phone for payment? They have their pitfalls; theft, loss, damage, non-standardized softwares... For payment, I can imagine a much more standardized separate device. The world is showing signs of already being sick of the phone being a one stop shop for every application of life. Perhaps a secondary payment standardized device? And secondly, trusting (for example) apple with your banking information and all transactions. We have millions of credit/debit cards, but they are technically all essentially the same. I can see the world going that route, a standard payment device, but not connected to a device you can lose, destroy, have stolen or hacked.
Pages:
Jump to: